I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy...

Discus and support I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I am unable to add any friends at all on xbox x, pc, or cell phone app. I can't message or join parties either despite the proper settings.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by ZanderH85, Nov 18, 2023.

1. ZanderH85
    ZanderH85 Guest

I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy...

I am unable to add any friends at all on xbox x, pc, or cell phone app. I can't message or join parties either despite the proper settings.

:)

ZanderH85, Nov 18, 2023
  2. maxen Win User

How to add a child's profile without creating a Xbox Live profile

I believe that to add a member to the Family they need to have an Xbox Live profile.

support.xbox.com/.../add-family-member

However, you could then change the parental controls to restrict what your son could do - eg, not allow him to play online, not able to accept friend requests or to communicate with people other than friends.

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-manage-privacy-and-online-safety
  3. IRoyalist Win User

Accessibility

Good day,

if you are on console then check out your privacy settings and make sure that you are enabled to join online games and enabled to add friends and communicate with others.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Problemas com a conta -[Translation - Account issues]

Hello JoãoPedroXR,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are unable to add friends due to your Microsoft account's privacy settings. If you have a child account, you must

add your child account to a family by using an adult account. This will allow the adult account to

alter the privacy settings of the child account
    so the child account can add friends and utilize other social features. The articles we provided contain steps on how to complete this process. Be sure to let us know the results!
  5. XBF - Staniel Win User

Xbox account followers

Greetings DeathInAbsentia,

So, just want to start by defining what a follower vs friend is on Xbox. A follower is simply anyone who has added you to their friends list. A friend is someone who has added you back. What you are doing is correct. If you block them, then they can't communicate with you or check your activity and such.

I would just double check that your privacy and online safety settings are up to date and keep the above definitions in mind when doing so as some of the settings allow for everyone or just friends options.

We have a privacy landing page to help you out manage your settings here

Hope this helps and happy gaming!
  6. Rostom L Win User

Spam/ follow bots

Hi Jakob!

Unfortunately, we cannot control who's going to follow us. That's fine because it's like they're trying to add you as friend - as long as you don't accept or add them back, they cannot be part of your friend's list.

You may instead change or edit your privacy settings to control how you communicate or share your account information online.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy.
Thema:

1. I am unable to add or communicate with friends despite having the correct online privacy... - Similar Threads - unable add communicate

2. Failed to start cloud gaming session, unable to communicate with servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Failed to start cloud gaming session, unable to communicate with servers: I'm trying to play Coral island on my Xbox series S, I just played it last night with no issues, but now as of 1:24 pm EST. I'm getting a failed to start cloud gaming session unable to communicate...
  3. i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say...: i am unable to add my card on my new account although its working on my old account it say check the info it doesn't match this card but i have been trying since 2 hours...
  4. 0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing: so i have an account with MSFT. xbox and whatnot. my ability to add new friends i meet is not happening. this is the behavior: • add them via xbox console: they appear for ~30 minutes, then...
  5. Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add back my kid’s account to Family safety account t: Dear support team, I am facing two issues currently: Firstly, I cannot add my kid’s account back to the Family Safety Account and the system showed me to ask the support team for help. The...
  6. Unable to add steam friends?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to add steam friends?: How do I add Xbox friends so I can cross play games like civ and remnant? My Xbox friend says he is unable to find my steam name to add me even though he linked his steam account to his Xbox. Do I...
  7. Unable to add my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add my account.: Series X, unable to add account. Done all the necessary reboots, have cleaned it and still nothing. Appears to load then just stops. 74c2ba1f-ab4f-46bd-9d8c-5ab6d73757de
  8. Unable to add payment method.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to add payment method.: Hi, I'm unable to add payment method in my Microsoft Account. It always asked me to check the debit card's information and I have checked everything over and over again, my debit card information...
  9. Unable to add second account to XBOX One S after factory reset..

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add second account to XBOX One S after factory reset..: Xbox One S wouldn’t allow me to log in, did all the trouble shooting power down, update, soft reset, hard reset, factory restore. Was able to add the primary acct using the Xbox app on cellphone...
  10. Unable to add money to a family member account now.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to add money to a family member account now.: I have a family account with Microsoft to set limits and add money and it works fine. My Son's account used to work fine but now I cannot properly add money to his account whenever I try I get...