I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked.

Discus and support I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am trying to swap an older Gamertag of mine from an older email to my current email (so I keep my friends list & gamerscore). When I try to swap the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sean Sheppard Duncan, Jan 22, 2023.

1. I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked.

I am trying to swap an older Gamertag of mine from an older email to my current email (so I keep my friends list & gamerscore). When I try to swap the alias It claims the domain Is already used. I have an Gamertag linked to my current email but I already changed the alias on that one hoping it clears room for the old Gamertag email can be swapped over to the new one but I am worried I will loose access to my accounts If I remove it from the Gamertag I don't plan on using. As it shows a warning that I will lose access to whatever is linked to that account.

:)

Sean Sheppard Duncan, Jan 22, 2023
  2. Sean Sheppard Duncan Win User

I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked.

So you are saying that unfortunately I cannot do what I'm trying to. If that is the case is it possible to sign into that Gamertag to use it while being signed into a different email on the PC?
  3. Rostom L Win User

That's correct, Sean. And yes, it's possible that you use a different account when playing on Xbox on your PC. Simply sign out the account that's currently signed in on the Xbox app and sign in your preferred account.
  4. Sean Sheppard Duncan Win User

My goal is to keep the accounts as they are but just switch the Email linked with them. So far I have had no luck and cannot find any info on how to go about doing that.
  5. Rostom L Win User

Got it now mate. We can only switch emails between our accounts if the email is a 3rd party email address such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. If you have Microsoft emails like @hotmail.com, @outlook.com, etc. it's not possible for them to be transferred to a different Microsoft account. Because if we remove a Microsoft email from an account so we could use or transfer it to a different, it will be permanently deleted and we cannot even recreate it. Microsoft emails are tied up to the account itself.
  6. Rostom L Win User

Hi Sean! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Please be informed that switching alias or email doesn't mean your game data or account data will be switched as well. Your game data will remain on the original account with different alias.
Thema:

1. I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked. - Similar Threads - trying swap older

2. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  3. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  4. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  5. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  6. When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...: When I try to make a group post for Minecraft it says, "Let's keep it clean - remove inappropriate content, then try posting again." I can't find out what it is that makes my post inappropriate....
  7. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  8. Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.: As the title says it, I cannot connect my controller wirelessly or with a wire. Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Ram: 16gb Mobo: Gigabyte B550 UD AC-Y1 SSD: WD sn750 se 1tb I have tried to...
  9. My controllers are doing this as well. I have tried everything mentioned here also searched...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controllers are doing this as well. I have tried everything mentioned here also searched...: Fix this bug with the series x or your going to have everyone run to ps5 51841de2-6e96-440b-83c1-d7d9717b36d5
  10. I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service: Wether it's about trying to remove old feeds or changing information. it simply won't work as i constantly get web errors or other stuff shoved into my face. Please fix your services or do...