I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked.

Discus and support I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am trying to swap an older Gamertag of mine from an older email to my current email (so I keep my friends list & gamerscore). When I try to swap the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sean Sheppard Duncan, Jan 22, 2023.

  1. I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked.


    I am trying to swap an older Gamertag of mine from an older email to my current email (so I keep my friends list & gamerscore). When I try to swap the alias It claims the domain Is already used. I have an Gamertag linked to my current email but I already changed the alias on that one hoping it clears room for the old Gamertag email can be swapped over to the new one but I am worried I will loose access to my accounts If I remove it from the Gamertag I don't plan on using. As it shows a warning that I will lose access to whatever is linked to that account.

    :)
     
    Sean Sheppard Duncan, Jan 22, 2023
    #1
  2. Sean Sheppard Duncan Win User

    I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked.

    So you are saying that unfortunately I cannot do what I'm trying to. If that is the case is it possible to sign into that Gamertag to use it while being signed into a different email on the PC?
  3. Rostom L Win User

    I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked.

    That's correct, Sean. And yes, it's possible that you use a different account when playing on Xbox on your PC. Simply sign out the account that's currently signed in on the Xbox app and sign in your preferred account.
  4. Sean Sheppard Duncan Win User

    I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked.

    My goal is to keep the accounts as they are but just switch the Email linked with them. So far I have had no luck and cannot find any info on how to go about doing that.
  5. Rostom L Win User

    I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked.

    Got it now mate. We can only switch emails between our accounts if the email is a 3rd party email address such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. If you have Microsoft emails like @hotmail.com, @outlook.com, etc. it's not possible for them to be transferred to a different Microsoft account. Because if we remove a Microsoft email from an account so we could use or transfer it to a different, it will be permanently deleted and we cannot even recreate it. Microsoft emails are tied up to the account itself.
  6. Rostom L Win User

    I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked.

    Hi Sean! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

    Please be informed that switching alias or email doesn't mean your game data or account data will be switched as well. Your game data will remain on the original account with different alias.
Thema:

I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked.

Loading...
  1. I am trying to swap an older Gamertag to my current email which already has a Gamertag linked. - Similar Threads - trying swap older

  2. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Strange popup whilst trying to test a game.: I have just joined Xbox insiders today and I have went to play-test a game but I am getting a popup saying I need an update but I cannot get it at the moment, anyone know a fix? submitted by...
  5. How to get to try the Disc to Digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to get to try the Disc to Digital?: Joined the insider last week and was looking to try the disc to digital feature. Found out that I can only do Omega one instead of delta one which has the disc to digital function. How can I...
  6. Anyone try Blood of Dawnwalker disc to digital? Is this one eligible?

    in XboX Insiders
    Anyone try Blood of Dawnwalker disc to digital? Is this one eligible?: The game technically comes out tomorrow but some have gotten the disc early. submitted by /u/bigglehicks [link] [comments]
  7. Tried a work around for the rewards bug. It failed.

    in XboX Insiders
    Tried a work around for the rewards bug. It failed.: There is still a bug where you cant auto redeem causing you to spend an extra 800 points every time. The auto redeem gift card won't stay activated. This needs fixing ive recently had to spend...
  8. Pc version is a little laggy and slow I also tried troubleshooting.

    in XboX Insiders
    Pc version is a little laggy and slow I also tried troubleshooting.: I was restarting my pc I don’t think it was a hardware issue either just wouldn’t let me login in on my JPandMe2112 account but if anyone can look into it I would be most appreciative. submitted...
  9. Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead)

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anybody tried out the new download speed update? (Alpha/Skip-Ahead): It certainly feels alot more stable. I know alot of it is at play with just the broadband provider alone, but before the update id start at a strong 800Mbps and drop to 400-500 for the rest of the...
  10. How to fix there was an error processing your request while trying to enter Xbox update...

    in XboX Insiders
    How to fix there was an error processing your request while trying to enter Xbox update...: How to fix there was an error processing your request while trying to enter Xbox update preview? submitted by /u/redstarosniko [link] [comments]