i am trying to record my live games via the game dvr on my pc and it says missing capture file ...

Discus and support i am trying to record my live games via the game dvr on my pc and it says missing capture file ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i am trying to record my live games via the game dvr on my pc and it says missing capture file ??? need some info on how to reinstall the app from my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by soldiermage, Dec 21, 2016.

1. soldiermage
    soldiermage Guest

i am trying to record my live games via the game dvr on my pc and it says missing capture file ...

i am trying to record my live games via the game dvr on my pc and it says missing capture file ??? need some info on how to reinstall the app from my computer even if it says it is not in the programs in your " option where you uninstall things from your
    computer" , to do so how may I go around this obstacle and renew my app feature.. oh and everything else work just that option where I cant upload the games I record because the capture file is missing from my computer I need help to find out why?

:)

soldiermage, Dec 21, 2016
  2. Game DVR not working no (Y) or (X) button

I have been trying to record or capture images in my Minecraft world I only get the option when I double tap home to manage my captured game DVR I have power cycled I have checked and unchecked under settings preferences game DVR and straining allowed broadcast
    and game captures and has still not solved the problem when I tried to record or capture in game I do not get a (Y) button or an (X) button or any other options set Press menu for game DVR when I do so it comes up game DVR manage captures only I would like
    to be able to capture photos of my world and or record but I do not know if it's in my settings that I screwed up or there is something going on that I am not aware of I noticed that my son was able to do it and does have the Y and X button on the same game
    and as far as I know his settings are the same and yes my game and system is fully updated if you have any suggestions or you can help me please comment back I also cannot find my game DVR in my applications or snap an app...

GreenDragon080, Dec 21, 2016
  3. xbox

when i record a clip on my windows to game dvr on my pc and try to upload it to xbox live so i can edit in upload studio on my xbox one it says sorry we cant recognize this game how do i fix that cause on all my videos under name it says xbox and i cant
    upload

TRISTANARNETT, Dec 21, 2016
  4. Jomari Arc
    Jomari Arc Guest

Hi,

To isolate DVR issues, here is the link on how to troubleshoot recording game clips on Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomari Arc, Dec 21, 2016
  5. Jomari Arc Win User

i am trying to record my live games via the game dvr on my pc and it says missing capture file ???

Hi,

To isolate DVR issues, here is the link on how to troubleshoot recording game clips on Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox One S - Recording Game Clip To External Hard Drive, No Mic Audio Recorded

most people seem to be recording their own voice via a PC not natively on the Xbox DVR.

Game DVR recording
  7. Tomm_A Win User

Backup gaming clips

Hello Kursaalflyer,

Thank you for your quick response.

It appears that the capture location for your external drive is saved to GameDVR folder and XboxCapture copies folder. When copying multiple copies it goes directly to Xbox Capture Copies folder while captures clip is directly saved to GameDVR folder.

The GameDVR folder in external storage is a folder that contains the game clips and screenshots that you have recorded using the Xbox Game DVR feature on your console. The Game DVR feature allows you to capture your gameplay moments and share them with your friends or on social media. After recording clips, your external drive can now be plugged into a PC, where the traditional video files can be extracted. This essentially turns your console into a simple capture card, allowing recordings to be locally transferred for use in PC-based editing software. All files created by Game DVR can be found under the "Game DVR" folder automatically created on your drive.

The Xbox capture copies folder in external drive is a folder that contains the copies of the game clips and screenshots that you have recorded using the Xbox Game DVR feature on your console and then transferred to your external drive. The Xbox Game DVR feature allows you to capture your gameplay moments and share them with your friends or on social media. By transferring your game captures to an external drive, you can save space on your internal drive, backup your captures, and access them on other devices.

You can edit both the files saved on the GameDVR folder and the Xbox capture copies folder using PC editing tools. The difference is that the files on the GameDVR folder are the ones that you have recorded directly to your external drive by setting it as your capture location, while the files on the Xbox capture copies folder are the ones that you have copied or moved from your internal drive to your external drive. Both folders contain the same type of files, which are MP4 video files for game clips and PNG image files for screenshots.

For your reference, see: Capture Xbox game clips to external storage | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

8. Tyler Cutchall Win User

Xbox App unable to recognize games

I am on my PC, using the Xbox app on my PC. All captures recorded with the Microsoft Game DVR while playing on my PC. I can see the videos in the app under captures like usual. However, when i try to upload them to Xbox Live a message appears that says
    can’t upload capture, we don’t recognize this game. The problem is now happening with Forza Horizon 4 as well. I’ve found posts suggesting trying the beta Xbox app and I was able to upload a few Forza Horizon 4 captures before the problem occured on that app
    as well. The beta app wouldn’t let me upload BFV clips either. I tried resetting the regular Xbox app in the app settings and that works for awhile before the issue comes back. I’ve seen posts as old as 2016 stating this issue.
  9. MKRayden Win User

Can't save or share Game DVR captures?

having almost issue i recorded my game play with game dvr but then when i check in Capture video section there is no Video
Thema:

1. i am trying to record my live games via the game dvr on my pc and it says missing capture file ... - Similar Threads - trying record live

2. Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...: My wifi is not working on my 360. Everything else works just not my Xbox, I've tried everything it still doesn't work c03a0dd0-c5ba-40e3-b044-808a69628479
  3. So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...: So I tried gifting my friend darktide on the xbox using cash app card and the payment is still pending and the gifting errored but it took the money outta the account so I do I just wait or did it...
  4. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  5. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  6. I need help trying to record with my friend

in XboX Insiders
    I need help trying to record with my friend: I know that I can record for 1 hr because of external storage but is there a better way to record videos to post on to things? submitted by /u/Elgabe_theman [link] [comments]
  7. I'm trying to record or live stream and my pull down menu just spins, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to record or live stream and my pull down menu just spins, how do I fix it?: I'm trying to record or live stream and my pull down menu just spins, how do I fix it? b110457e-da3d-40fd-9c75-c03419c84cd1
  8. I want to know if the Xbox can record my game and my mic because I tried to record a vid...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to know if the Xbox can record my game and my mic because I tried to record a vid...: I want to record my vid and record my voice 0df66b3e-995a-4076-8ad0-bad829158ffa
  9. How do I fix my Xbox Gamebar saying "There was a problem with background recording. Try...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my Xbox Gamebar saying "There was a problem with background recording. Try...: Everytime I try to record/clip using my xbox gamebar it always greets me with the error message "There was a problem with background recording. Try again later." I have searched everywhere for...
  10. Why won't my Xbox record videos on my laptop, I've tried resetting it but still can't

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox record videos on my laptop, I've tried resetting it but still can't: Why won't my Xbox record videos on my laptop, I've tried resetting it but still can't e59017b5-1acb-46e6-9fe0-4dd2193d776f