I am trying to make a purchase that my child requested through safe family but the...

Discus and support I am trying to make a purchase that my child requested through safe family but the... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Trying to buy a game though Xbox that my child requested through the Microsoft safe family link. But I keep getting an error when I try to complete the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Eve2222, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Eve2222
    Eve2222 Guest

I am trying to make a purchase that my child requested through safe family but the...

Trying to buy a game though Xbox that my child requested through the Microsoft safe family link. But I keep getting an error when I try to complete the purchase. How can I get help with this?

:)

Eve2222, Apr 24, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

I am trying to make a purchase that my child requested through safe family but the transaction won't go through. I get an error.

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

If I may ask, what is the exact error that you’re getting so I can check that for you?
  3. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Buying V-Bucks for Child Account

Ok reading all of these questions. First VBucks is not DLC. They are just ingame money to purchase items. As far as child account do you have the child under a family account. If child request a purchase an email is sent to parent account asking for purchase
    permission. Thats how I have it for my son under family account. He cant purchase anything without me giving the ok through the family account.
  4. Wille M. Win User

How do I add game pass to my son's account?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there.

I'm Wille, an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

By default, a child account is set to require an adult's approval before a child can make a purchase through their account. If you leave the Ask to buy feature on, you can continue to make sure a child doesn't make a purchase using an adult's credit card and monitor the type of content they want to buy. You’ll be able to approve or deny the child's purchase requests through email or on the Family settings page.

Family settings page: https://account.microsoft.com/family

Note: purchases can still be made from a child account using gift cards or money in their Microsoft account.

If you choose to turn Ask to buy off, the child account can make purchases without an adult’s approval. To turn this feature off, follow these steps:

- Sign in to your https://account.microsoft.com/family/home with an adult Microsoft account;
    -Find the child's name and select More options > Spending;
    -Under the Ask to buy section, switch Needs organizer approval to buy things to Off.

Note: If you leave the adult approval option turned on, you can approve or deny your child's purchase requests via email, at account.microsoft.com/family, or in the Microsoft Safety Family mobile app available for Android and iOS.

Related article:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/subscriptio...

I hope these information helps somehow. Feel free to let us know if you have further questions or concerns and we will try with our knowledge to offer assistance.

Hugs! :)
  5. Matt Houser Win User

Family Account: How to Subscribe to PC Game Pass using Son's Account?

> in order to make a game pass purchase for the child-gave account, you have to log in and purchase through his account, authorize the purchase permission through the Family,

This is exactly what I'm trying to do, but it's telling me that Game Pass subscriptions cannot be requested this way.

> another way is to buy a subscription card and redeem directly to your child's account.

I don't want to do this because I'll need to keep doing this. I just want to setup a subscription for him.
  6. Christyna64 Win User

Adding money to a microsoft account.

Even with your child having their own funds and bank, it's important to think about them making purchases that can cause their funds and bank accounts to be overdrawn. I would suggest reading through the Family and Online Saftey on Xbox Support to make an
    informed decision.

Family and Onine Safety - Child Accounts

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/family-online-safety/browse

Approve a childs purchase

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/family-online-safety/child-accounts/approve-child-purchases

Prevent unauthorized purchases

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...child-accounts/prevent-unauthorized-purchases
Thema:

1. I am trying to make a purchase that my child requested through safe family but the... - Similar Threads - trying purchase child

2. Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....: Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit. PUR-AmountLimitExceeded cr9fxcQklYIcxwwB5bD87B.341.4 This shows up when i try to subscribe to Gamepass...
  3. Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...: Please help. I own cod Cold War. Suddenly when I try to play it says I have to buy the game. When I go to store it says I own it. I tried re installing , switching accounts, hard resets. Nothing....
  4. I'm trying to purchase MW3 with my Vodafone top up I have the correct amount but just won't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm trying to purchase MW3 with my Vodafone top up I have the correct amount but just won't...: I'm trying to purchase MW3 with my Vodafone top up Im confused as I have enough 5f94e4a7-dc92-4750-9316-1358f90ef3e3
  5. I am a Canadian MSFS2020 Store Edition owner. Whenever I try to purchase something from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am a Canadian MSFS2020 Store Edition owner. Whenever I try to purchase something from...: I am a Canadian MSFS2020 Store Edition owner. Whenever I try to purchase something from marketplace, the CC order form only allows me to use a US address and not Canadian. Please help? Thank you...
  6. I am trying to purchase Minecraft Java+Bedrock Delux Collection off Minecraft.net but I am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am trying to purchase Minecraft Java+Bedrock Delux Collection off Minecraft.net but I am...: I have deleted cookies, tried multiple browsers, and uninstalled Minecraft Demo, but no matter what, I end up on the Sign In With Windows Microsft screen. This is on a Laptop with Windows 10...
  7. Trying to purchase something using the mobile option, but keeps saying you've exceeded the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to purchase something using the mobile option, but keeps saying you've exceeded the...: Trying to purchase something using the mobile option, but keeps saying you've exceeded the daily limit for code attemps 6e7ee984-d9ef-40fb-af53-b273c1aedf56
  8. I PURCHASED AN X BOX GIFT CARD, WHEN I TRIED TO REDEEM IT, IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I PURCHASED AN X BOX GIFT CARD, WHEN I TRIED TO REDEEM IT, IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY...: I PURCHASED AN X BOX GIFT CARD, WHEN I TRIED TO REDEEM IT, IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY REDEEMED. WHICH I HAVEN'T PURCHASED ANYTHING WITH IT. I HAVE LOOKED AT MY ACCOUNT FOR PURCHASES AND IT HAS...
  9. Help trying to purchase a gift card in euros - error message says wrong region

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help trying to purchase a gift card in euros - error message says wrong region: How do you purchase an Xbox gift card in euros as a gift? - I am in the US and my son is in Germany - 1408516c-5242-4fe7-84f6-6f736bd1c712
  10. Trying to purchase/preorder a game with both my Microsoft points and credit card but the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to purchase/preorder a game with both my Microsoft points and credit card but the...: Trying to purchase/preorder a game with both my Microsoft points and credit card but the store doesn't accept Microsoft points. Is there something wrong or do I have to wait until the game...