I am trying to install a game on my SamData USB stick.

Discus and support I am trying to install a game on my SamData USB stick. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to install a game on my SamData USB stick. This game is 8 gb and the USB stick holds 32 though I still can't download it on there. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Romen Perez, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Romen Perez
    Romen Perez Guest

I am trying to install a game on my SamData USB stick. This game is 8 gb and the USB stick holds 32 though I still can't download it on there. I've tried the "Choose where apps are saved" method in the settings but when I click on the drop down box of it asking to choose a hard drive of atleast 8 gb nothing pops up.

:)

Romen Perez, Jan 24, 2023
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

looks like he is on about pc
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

what are you on about, the xbox 360 does not have a usb 3 requirement as all the ports on the 360 are usb 2, also the 360 does not have the "choose where you save your apps" option (PC does and so does xbox one and above).

you can indeed install games to usb pens on pc, even gamepass games.

And i say PC as he gets the option for drop down box to select which drive.
  4. ngocphi Win User

No that's be a 360

Pc doesn't have those.requirements

Maybe he's failing on the performance test

It's not just 8gigs you need a USB 3 not.just some cheap drive

It has to be ready boost compatible or a SanDisk 360 drive

You can't install games on a USB drive on pc

Too slow forth overhead for the encrypted folders

Where 360 has the 8gig requirement and ready boost and xbox one has 256gig requirement or a ready boost drive
  5. ngocphi Win User

If you are talking about recent consoles you need an actual hdd or nvme nowadays

Only 360 allowed for USB storage
  6. Our Afflictions Win User

Error 8007002

I was already trying to download it to a USB stick.

"Hi, I am currently trying to recover my gamertag onto a USB stick, which is already set-up for Xbox saving, and I'm getting this error."
Thema:

1. I am trying to install a game on my SamData USB stick. - Similar Threads - trying install game

2. game wont install only tries to update and then fails

in XBoX on Windows
    game wont install only tries to update and then fails: hey my problem is kind of hard to explain but ive run into trouble on my xbox one where i deleted wasteland 3 while it was updating and for months it has shown up in my queue trying to update and...
  3. when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...: please can anyone respond with help 35743a80-e07b-480d-bc1e-e87ccf82fd40
  4. how to fix a error when trying to install physical games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix a error when trying to install physical games?: I’ve had a problem where every single time I’ve tried to download a game on my series x regardless of whether or it’s a Xbox one or series x disc, the download cancels before it even begins and...
  5. Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on...: Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on a Xbox one x it does not show install option. it's show buy ubisoft+ subscription....
  6. When ever I try to install a game error 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When ever I try to install a game error 0x80070005: Windows is up to date and everything is how it should be but error 0x80070005 popped up out of no where and does not allow me to download games 0x80070005 pops up I've seen different types of...
  7. I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need...: I installed games through the Microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need permission from the adult in my family but I am the only one in my family. How do I solve this?...
  8. Installation stopped appears while trying to reinstall games on my new console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installation stopped appears while trying to reinstall games on my new console: Just got a new console, and finished transferring my data to my series x, but now whenever i try to install something from the old console it just buffers for a bit and then says "installation...
  9. Xbox app keeps automatically trying to install games on new pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app keeps automatically trying to install games on new pc: Good morning, afternoon, evening, Recently I have moved to a new system, couple of extra spare drives moved over but other than that a fresh setup on windows 11 pro with a new main SSD. Since...
  10. Xbox One S is trying to install and update a game at the same time.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S is trying to install and update a game at the same time.: With the new Fortnite season around, I decided to update the game. However, it wouldn't let me update it, it continued to say "Update Paused." So I uninstalled Fortnite and tried to install it...