I am just lost with game ID's and associated Outlook accounts - Where do I get help?

Discus and support I am just lost with game ID's and associated Outlook accounts - Where do I get help? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So my kids recently started playing Minecraft on their personal tablets. They both required outlook email accounts to sign up. Done. My daughters... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TWPS75, Oct 12, 2022.

1. TWPS75
    TWPS75 Guest

I am just lost with game ID's and associated Outlook accounts - Where do I get help?

So my kids recently started playing Minecraft on their personal tablets.

They both required outlook email accounts to sign up. Done.

My daughters email is somehow linked to my hotmail account. So she logs into my email, not hers. Her email comes to my email... She has been playing Minecraft with no limitations, as Microsoft thinks she is me... Also, her gamerID is tied to to Hotmail account now too...

I cannot seem to fix this, as our emails are somehow tied together... Created the kids accounts at the same time using the same process. My son's works, he is visible in family link and all that jazz. He has a separate email account he logs into... But my daughters always defaults to my email address. Every device!!!

Please help me, as I'm tearing my hair out. MS support is pretty much non-existent, the chat bots don't understand, there is no phone support...

:)

TWPS75, Oct 12, 2022
  2. TWPS75 Win User

Josef, you may have solved my challenge... Or at least have me heading in the right direction to fully solve.

It appears that my daughters account is an alias under my account, where as my sons account is not.

I think I need to create an account for her, add her to the family, and hopefully I can switch her gamerID to the new email address. (I recall reading the steps on this piece...)

I will let you know how I make out!
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this TWPS75

This can be a bit dumb, but are you more than sure that you're using the correct account from your daughter?

Or... Do you have your alias (If it's a non-Microsoft domain) added to your daughter's account?
    Please double check that here:
    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=842796

Also, if you sign in with your daughter's account here:
    https://account.microsoft.com/profile

Are you able to see your daughter's name? Or instead your name and info appears?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, thanks for the update
    It seems that you created the email for your daughter under your own Microsoft.

The thing is that as your daughter has their Minecraft progress (and basically "her" xbox profile) under your account.
    When you create a new Microsoft account for her, you are not going to be able to transfer the progress
    Because any type of content transfer can't be made between Microsoft accounts
  5. TWPS75 Win User

Still lost here...

I now see both of my kids accounts. However, my daughter has a net new gamerID auto generated and attached to her email. My email is still associated with her gamerID....

I would like to assign her gamerID to her email address... Is this possible?

Also, will this retain her Minecraft creations? or will she lose everything?

Also, no Xbox... Just Android tablets running Minecraft and a Windows PC to do this on...
  6. Gamer Nostalgia Win User

Microsoft unwilling/unable to delete Live ID & Gamertag

I've actually had a random gamertag (Xbox LIVE account) associated to a Hotmail/Outlook LIVE email address when I created it.

Surely you should be able to log into the new account that was created when you created the new Outlook email address.

Change the email address associated with that new account, freeing up the new Outlook email address that you created.

Change the email address of your CURRENT Xbox LIVE ID to that new Outlook email address. Doing all that while on the computer, should still have that same Outlook email assigned to your phone, ON your phone. I don't have a Windows phone but that's basically
    what I had to do when it messed up on my new Windows 8 laptop.

However, with the new local currency that Microsoft has switched to, changing the LIVE ID associated with a gamertag MIGHT remove all remaining funds off the account.
Thema:

1. I am just lost with game ID's and associated Outlook accounts - Where do I get help? - Similar Threads - lost game ID's

2. i had a game called secret neighbor and now i lost it how do i get it back for free beacuse...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i had a game called secret neighbor and now i lost it how do i get it back for free beacuse...: i had a game called secret neighbor and now i lost it how do i get it back for free beacuse i paid for it 0e110721-c113-41c0-9107-b03f38d674e9
  3. Lost games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lost games: Hi my son has an xbox one s, he was playing on it last night then switched it off and went to bed. He got up this morning and switched it back on and it came up saying restarting do not switch...
  4. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  5. Rise of the tomb raider crashes mid-game on xbox series x. Progress lost.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rise of the tomb raider crashes mid-game on xbox series x. Progress lost.: I was playing rise of the tomb raider on my Xbox series x. I was leaving the area after I collected the atlas and my game suddenly froze and then crashed. I reopened the game and when I looked at...
  6. Lost saved game data - RDR2 (Xbox One Series S)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost saved game data - RDR2 (Xbox One Series S): During Summer holidays here down in Australia I decided I'd get back to playing Red Dead Redemption 2. I'd already completed the story once. Around a year ago I decided I'd try and do all the...
  7. Lost all of my game progression due to a data save being full

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost all of my game progression due to a data save being full: While trying to get onto baldurs gate 3 I got a message saying the data save was full and I need to delete some data I reset my console thinking it would fix it instead when I booted it back up I...
  8. How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I recover my lost save files from Baldur’s gate 3 and get the game to startup?: I just got this game on Xbox and it has not been functioning correctly. I had about two hours of play time and multiple successful manual save files. However, after returning to play and loading...
  9. How do I get a new code for my game card, my code was on my receipt and I lost my receipt....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get a new code for my game card, my code was on my receipt and I lost my receipt....: How do I get a new code for my game card, my code was on my receipt and I lost my receipt. Please help me 037869fc-4365-4453-92a8-62276c208890
  10. I have lost my Fortnite account after linking it with Epic Games, and I don't know how to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have lost my Fortnite account after linking it with Epic Games, and I don't know how to...: What I believe has happened is that when I linked my account with Epic Games it had created a new account to replace my old account. I had tried to get my old account by unlinking from Epic Games...