I am in a hotel and was able to connect to tge wifi for over a week. Now i cant but my...

Discus and support I am in a hotel and was able to connect to tge wifi for over a week. Now i cant but my... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I need help. I cant play my xbox online. I was connected to the hotels wifi for over a week and could play. Now i cant connect. The wifi is fine and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Im Better��, Mar 17, 2023.

1. I am in a hotel and was able to connect to tge wifi for over a week. Now i cant but my...

I need help. I cant play my xbox online. I was connected to the hotels wifi for over a week and could play. Now i cant connect. The wifi is fine and working on my phone and pc.

:)

Im Better��, Mar 17, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

I am in a hotel and was able to connect to tge wifi for over a week. Now i cant but my phone does.

Hi Im!

May I exactly know the error message or error code you’re getting when you try to reconnect your console to the hotel’s Wi-Fi network?

To further isolate the issue, please try to use your mobile data hotspot and see if your console can connect through the hotspot.

Most likely it’s an issue with the router or access point configuration from the hotel network.
  3. DavidJungpa Win User

XBox One February Update - Multiplayer Bug with Alternative MAC Address

I ran into this bug over the weekend trying to connect X1 over WIFI at hotel since you need to spoof the MAC address of the computer that registers with the hotel. Everything on the system itself connects fine but no multiplayer games work. Fortunately,
    I had an ethernet cable that I was able to use and once I switched over to wired everything worked great. I assumed the hotel was blacking over wifi until I did some searching on the Internet.

Being an infrastructure IT guy I was perplexed by the problem so I started digging into it which I deduced it to the alternative MAC address as well.

- wifi with alternative MAC does not work in games but system is ok

- ethernet with alternative MAC works

So what I did was spoof the xb1 MAC address from my laptop and registered it with the hotel which worked.
  4. EvilBoris GX Win User

Cant believe I payed 600 for this crap!!

Here is how I connect my console to a hotel network:

Find your mobile phone's wireless MAC address (should be hidden away in the network settings or info)

Copy this address into the advanced network settings of the Xbox One

Using your phone, log into the hotel phone's wi-fi, once you are connected, try connecting on your Xbox One again.

Fingers crossed you should be able to trick the Hotel WiFi into thinking your console is actually the phone.

as soon as something starts to happen, turn the wifi off on your phone.If that doesn't work, try logging in on your phone, turning off the wifi then quickly turning on your xbox and connecting to the hotel WIFI.

Hopefully that works for you
  5. jmcode Win User

Can't play any online games, connected to xbox live though.

J Dub, no, you can get travel routers that support multiple modes, including bridge mode. This connects to the hotel's wifi then creates its own wifi on with an SSID and settings you specify.

I am very surprised you are getting open NAT in a hotel. Either the hotel has a fairly simple wifi network and working UPnP, or it is being erroneously reported as open.
  6. Caddahaulic Win User

Disappointment in the rumors of "Internet Requirement"

I travel for work a Lot and play in Hotels a lot... Offline...

Sometimes for a few days , sometimes for a few weeks at a time...

If it requires a 24hr check in, what am i to do if it cant connect in for a few days? a few weeks?

Serious Dealbreaker for me....
Thema:

I am in a hotel and was able to connect to tge wifi for over a week. Now i cant but my...

1. I am in a hotel and was able to connect to tge wifi for over a week. Now i cant but my... - Similar Threads - hotel was able

2. so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...: just a white screen each time 6ab90404-d3b6-476c-a2ae-940c9e82331f
  3. How to make the Series S connect to Hotel WiFi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make the Series S connect to Hotel WiFi?: I have to stay in an Extended Stay America and I'm trying to connect my Series S to the wifi, but it won't load the portal/webpage for me to connect. b97201cb-04f4-49ed-8e3d-04af8374192b
  4. My expansion card was stolen from my hotel room.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My expansion card was stolen from my hotel room.: Does anyone know if account information is on the drive or just game data? dedc8085-a21e-4e70-9cb4-313a2a1608db
  5. Hotel internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hotel internet: When I try to connect to the internet with my series s at some hotels it brings me to the authenticate now button. When I press it, it bring up the log in page for the hotel but will close before...
  6. Can I calibrate tv on xbox 1 console without the tv remote? Live in a hotel an wanna adjust...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I calibrate tv on xbox 1 console without the tv remote? Live in a hotel an wanna adjust...: Can I adjust brightness an other settings using the calibration tool on regular xbox one without rv remote, live In a hotel and remote has limited functions so I used menu buttons on tv itself but...
  7. XBOX ONE Connecting In Hotel

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE Connecting In Hotel: I can connect to the hotel internet and then there are two options (Authenticate Now or Use Alternative MAC). When I click Authenticate Now, it opens a screen that reads "window will close upon...
  8. Xbox One Hotel Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Hotel Wifi: So Im trying to connect to a hotel wifi but I keep running into some issues. Everytime I goto connect(ive tried ethernet and wireless) it tells me there is additional authentication required and i...
  9. Xbox Series X Wired Connection Problems at Hotel

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wired Connection Problems at Hotel: Hello Everyone. I'm currently staying at Air Force Lodging for a long training course and I brought my brand new series X with me for some Warzone. Problem is... the Wi-Fi is unsecured,...
  10. I'm in a hotel my Xbox connects to the wifi it takes me to the page and the it crash and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm in a hotel my Xbox connects to the wifi it takes me to the page and the it crash and...: I'm in a hotel my Xbox connects to the wifi it takes me to the page and the it crash and I'm not connected 7d73ee99-ec65-4fe2-9618-da9a8ef8125b