I am having the hardest time installing games on my computer.

Discus and support I am having the hardest time installing games on my computer. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My xbox app throws a code every time I try and install a game (Ox87e00196). I have XBOX game pass ultimate on one account. I try to use this account to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pale Mare7, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Pale Mare7
    Pale Mare7 Guest

My xbox app throws a code every time I try and install a game (Ox87e00196). I have XBOX game pass ultimate on one account. I try to use this account to install a game. There is an issue on my computer where it CONSTANTLY tells me that I am using the wrong account. No matter how many time I tell xbox app that I want to use my main xbox liveaccount, it tells me that I am signed in to the wrong account and that I should switch back to the other one. I mention this because I am certain that this is the issue -- that my xbox account has a different sign in than my microsoft store. Since I cannot permanent change it back, I am not sure what to do here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Pale Mare7, Jan 27, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Was this working before?
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

If you see error code 0x87e00196 when you try to install, update, or launch an Xbox Game Pass game on your Windows device, this error may mean you need to reinstall the Gaming Services package. Click the link below for the troubleshooting.

Error 0x87e00196 occurs when you try to manage a game on Windows | Xbox Support

Additional steps that may help us resolve the issue: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. Def Oso Win User

ghost recon name implies sniping, still have yet to see any?

Trust me you can recon in this game, the levels are not as big as past installments but I have been killed plenty-o-times by them. I am the opposite of you, where in shooter games I try my hardest to never use them.
  4. Def Oso Win User

FINALLY! Beat Insane Mode...never again...

I beat a few games on their hardest difficulty in my time, but have now come to the realization, I enjoy games on the easiest setting. Yeah, I may not get the achievement/trophy but it is not worth the trouble, games are not fun to me when I am dieing every
    10 seconds.
  5. ODST343 Win User

coping with life through videos games

the only time video game is not relaxing for me is when running through a game on the hardest difficulties,but i am sure most people can relate.
  6. SiZoR Win User

I cannot sign into xbox game bar or several other microsoft services (Xbox GameBar on PC)

Hello brother, I have tried all the solutions provided, I also installed a new Windows, and I am still facing the same problem Sometimes it logs me in when I delete and install game services again and restart my computer several times but also when I log in I can't install games and if I close the app and restart it it takes me back to login
Thema:

1. I am having the hardest time installing games on my computer. - Similar Threads - having hardest installing

2. Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...: My wifi is not working on my 360. Everything else works just not my Xbox, I've tried everything it still doesn't work c03a0dd0-c5ba-40e3-b044-808a69628479
  3. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  4. My xbox doesn't have color filters

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox doesn't have color filters: So just got a xbox one S and I am trying to use the color filter but when I got to Accessibility it doesn't show color filters? b9666985-b9e9-45c2-9e97-1bf72ec46c3f
  5. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  6. I have been charged £12.99 for a 14 day trial

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been charged £12.99 for a 14 day trial: Hi, I’ve been charged £12.99 for a 14 day trial but my daughter hasn’t singed up to this. Could I please get a refund Thanks Kelly cc36edcb-6c79-4736-a289-bf7e11125203
  7. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  8. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  9. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  10. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647