I am divorced. Can my ex husband and I both have an Xbox series s at our respective houses...

Discus and support I am divorced. Can my ex husband and I both have an Xbox series s at our respective houses... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am divorced. Can my ex husband and I both have an Xbox series s at our respective houses and my son utilize, and be logged in, to the same account?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gina Breslin, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Gina Breslin
    Gina Breslin Guest

I am divorced. Can my ex husband and I both have an Xbox series s at our respective houses...

I am divorced. Can my ex husband and I both have an Xbox series s at our respective houses and my son utilize, and be logged in, to the same account?

:)

Gina Breslin, Dec 6, 2022
  2. Jason of Oz Win User

I am divorced. Can my ex husband and I both have an Xbox series s at our respective houses and my son utilize, and be logged in, to the same account?

Yes, your son can log into both consoles and play any games licensed under his account. That last bit is important though because if the games are licensed under another account (i.e. yours or your ex-husband's) then those games will only be playable on the console defined as the home console for the account.

For example, if your ex-husband has an account and purchased game Z, your son can play Z while on your ex's console but won't be able to play Z at your place. Similarly if you have an account and have purchased game Y, your son can only play Y at your place, and won't be able to play it at your ex's house.

There are ways around this, your ex-husband could make your console his home console and you could make the console at your ex's place your home console, but you may not want to do this depending on how amicable the divorce was (I certainly wouldn't remain logged in to any device left at my ex's house).

- Jason
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Yes, Gina. He can play both at your house and at your ex-husband's house as long as he is using his own account.

Also, if he will be signed in to one device at a time that will not be a problem.
  4. bartus66 Win User

Single Console, Family Gold account and shared games?

I am concerned about the proposed 'shared games' fee. My children have currently have Xbox 360s at mine & my ex's homes. If what I am reading is correct, if they bring a game from their mom's to play at my house, they'll have to pay a fee to do so?

If that's the case, we'll seriously look at moving our gaming to the PS4 console. I've been a Xbox Live Gold Member since 2004, and we're in our second year of a family membership. In fact, since the original Xbox came out, we've never entertained the idea
    of buying a PS system. However, if what I'm reading about the Xbox One is true, we just might take our gaming to PS.

Given the divorce rate in America, I think Microsoft should keep in mind that I am surely not the only divorced parent that is concerned about having to pay additional costs (micro transactions notwithstanding) to play a game that's been purchased new by/for
    the original owner.
  5. Lauren MTC Win User

I no longer have access to the email account which my son created his Xbox Minecraft account under.

Hi Geri,

Thank you for reaching out.

Firstly I can confirm that it is a Microsoft Account. The issue is that the account was created using my ex-husband's Microsoft account, which I can not access.

I can not legally login into his account and so I want to move all of my son's game profiles off my ex-husband's account to merge onto a new profile. The only way to do this is to be able to access the existing account, which I don't have access to.

Since my son plays the Xbox and not my ex-husband, my ex-husband left the Xbox with his son when we separated.

How can I verify that the game accounts on the Xbox belong to my son when they are registered on my husband's Microsoft account. I can't provide order history as I can't access the account to provide it.

Thank you.
  6. ThumbedNose Win User

Xbox One

Seems like there should be other ways to go about this problem. The said console is currently at my recently divorced ex's house and she is refusing to sign out of the account. I am unable to use that console ever again but don't want her to use my profile, apps, and games that she didn't pay for.
Thema:

1. I am divorced. Can my ex husband and I both have an Xbox series s at our respective houses... - Similar Threads - divorced husband both

2. My brother has gotten my husband’s whole Xbox account banned trying to log in with the...

in XBoX on Windows
    My brother has gotten my husband’s whole Xbox account banned trying to log in with the...: Need help because we can’t get a call back from Xbox customer support. 586a5c9e-fd05-4970-8322-2bf4a1996f41
  3. How can my husband and I play our Xbox One and our new Xbox Series X at the same time...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can my husband and I play our Xbox One and our new Xbox Series X at the same time...: Furthermore, we primarily play Game Pass Ultimate or Ubisoft + games which complicates matters? Ive scoured many resources and tried several things involving home xbox, family, etc to no avail....
  4. My husband had a stroke and he lost his left side how can he play Xbox and what controller...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My husband had a stroke and he lost his left side how can he play Xbox and what controller...: My husband had a stroke and I am looking for information on how to get him gaming again as he only has use of his right side a7f31d68-46ec-4f57-9292-425c6d86c3d5
  5. Help! My husband has forgotten his password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help! My husband has forgotten his password: Help! My husband has forgotten his password and doesn’t have the same number as when he started his account. Now he’s locked out. Since we’re linked through our family account is there a way I can...
  6. Why does my xbox account show my husband's name and profile picture but my email address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my xbox account show my husband's name and profile picture but my email address...: I've restarted the Xbox, updated it and readded and unadded my account several times but, everytime I log in, it shows my husband's profile picture and name, but my email address and username. But...
  7. Can't cloud game with my husband's Ultimate Game Pass subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't cloud game with my husband's Ultimate Game Pass subscription: My husband has Game Pass Ultimate. I was able to cloud game on my Xbox 360. I got a Series S and I can no longer cloud game. I can install Game Pass games, I just can no longer cloud game...please...
  8. How can I stop my tv from turning on my husbands xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my tv from turning on my husbands xbox?: For more information, my setup is a cross the room from my husband's. When I turn on my TV it will turn on his Xbox, when I turn off my TV, it will turn off his xbox. This is not ideal as you...
  9. Get access to deceased husband's movies

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Get access to deceased husband's movies: My husband and I bought over 1000 movies on his account. I can no longer watch them I am seeking help to watch these movies. I have tried online on our Xbox but his old email and phone number are...
  10. Wife locked husband out of his Xbox...please help! Divorce imminent.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wife locked husband out of his Xbox...please help! Divorce imminent.: My husband is flipping the F out because he can't access any of his games, including the Diablo he just purchased, which I was trying to log in for him to play and got his account locked. Ooops....