I am being told that my gamertag is not allowed even though I have used it before

Discus and support I am being told that my gamertag is not allowed even though I have used it before in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been trying to change my gamertag to "" and I am getting the message that it is not allowed. I tried a live chat with a technician but they told... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Trushi, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Trushi
    Trushi Guest

I am being told that my gamertag is not allowed even though I have used it before

I have been trying to change my gamertag to "" and I am getting the message that it is not allowed. I tried a live chat with a technician but they told me that they could not override what the system says about the name. He nor I could find any reason
    that it could be offensive. The only thing I found was that it's a Hindu last name and nothing about it being offensive in any languages. I have used this name on many games and systems before, and it is even my name on the forums here. Can anyone help me
    with this?

:)

Trushi, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Zer0-JG Win User

Hi Trushi,

Since it appears that you have spoken direclty to an Xbox Representative, there is nothing that we can do to help solve the issue. If you would like, feel free to put a number at the end of your gamertag in order to possibly bypass this issue.
  3. TrueAegis Win User

Gamertag issue - no spaces?

I contacted an XBox support rep and he told me that spaces are allowed and ARE recognized by their system. Which is why I was able to create my old gamertag without a space, because it recognizes it as a different gamertag. He told me that it takes 45 days
    for old gamertags to be deleted when they are changed before they are available again. And that will cause the system to tell you it's in use. Thanks for the suggestion though Smwutches, it led me to my answer :)
  4. Mr_PhyziX Win User

Fall Preview Program - Group Not Found

I am having the same problem, I'll post right here, & resubmit my gamertag, even though I've previously posted before.
  5. PhilipHernandez Win User

Xbox app and Store not working since Windows 10 update

I'm being told when I sign in to my Xbox account that I am not connected to the Internet, even though I am connected reliably. There is no error code. What gives?
  6. Player335294366 Win User

xbox live problems

Hi, I am having a similar issue! My gold account ran out yesterday so I put on the new code. But now its telling me that my account doesn't allow online access! Even though I am using the same account as before.
Thema:

1. I am being told that my gamertag is not allowed even though I have used it before - Similar Threads - being told gamertag

2. I want to play COD MW3 zombies offline. I'm being told I need to buy game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to play COD MW3 zombies offline. I'm being told I need to buy game pass: Why do I need to buy Game Pass in order to play zombies offline? 289d7a7f-10d1-4425-97a6-68ec88cf7914
  3. I told someone that I’m going to nuke their house even though they was being toxic first.....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I told someone that I’m going to nuke their house even though they was being toxic first.....: We was playing r6 when this kid messaged me to get better at the game, so I don’t sit there and take it. I retaliate for defence. then when I retaliated he invited me to a party but I didn’t join...
  4. I’m being told my parents Microsoft’ account isn’t valid so I can’t play mw 2009 multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m being told my parents Microsoft’ account isn’t valid so I can’t play mw 2009 multiplayer: Can someone please tell me how I can fix this I am on a child account but it is changed to be like an adult account. I also have Xbox gamepass ultimate b3180d2a-0f2a-489a-8b33-21bf227fced9
  5. My Xbox account was hacked on Christmas. A couple days ago, I was told nothing could be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox account was hacked on Christmas. A couple days ago, I was told nothing could be...: Since then I have tried communicating with anyone that could help me resolve this situation. I really need something of a win here. I've spent hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours, all of...
  6. My Xbox account was hacked on Christmas. This morning, I was told nothing could be done due...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox account was hacked on Christmas. This morning, I was told nothing could be done due...: Is there truly no way for me to get back anything at all? Am I expected to start over again and re-spend all of the money I’ve already spent over the years because some security information was...
  7. So, my fortnite crew won’t let me purchase it. I have been told it may be on the billing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So, my fortnite crew won’t let me purchase it. I have been told it may be on the billing...: Fortnite crew doesn’t work. Talked to epic. They had said it may be on the billing side. d1f4f649-0ddf-4836-8cfa-93b67bd41358
  8. Ive been suspended for 2 days and wont be told why

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ive been suspended for 2 days and wont be told why: I got a suspension on my account for 2 days i havent been told why and when i call xbox they say thats not our department please go to enforement.xbox.com which tells me i cant do anything about...
  9. Account has been hacked and being told it can't be recovered

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account has been hacked and being told it can't be recovered: My sons Microsoft account has been hacked, purchases made on linked cards by the hacker, can't access the account because the email has been changed and now being told that the account can't be...
  10. Two accounts, told they can't be merged, For some reason one uses my friend's Gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Two accounts, told they can't be merged, For some reason one uses my friend's Gamertag: I have two xbox accounts I learned today. One has the Gamer tag D3M0NMUFF1N and the other has Phaminus. The first is my old alias and what I played on with my xbox, but apparently I put a typo in...