I am 20 and have no parent account, yet games like skyrim can't be installed because...

Discus and support I am 20 and have no parent account, yet games like skyrim can't be installed because... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am 20 and have no parent account, yet games like skyrim can't be installed because they're restricted. I have no problem on Xbox but on my pc I'm... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MiguelSwanepoel, Feb 22, 2022.

1. I am 20 and have no parent account, yet games like skyrim can't be installed because...

I am 20 and have no parent account, yet games like skyrim can't be installed because they're restricted.

I have no problem on Xbox but on my pc I'm constantly shut down by restrictions preventing me from installing games

:)

MiguelSwanepoel, Feb 22, 2022
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

I am 20 and have no parent account, yet games like skyrim can't be installed because they're restricted.

Hello MiguelSwanepoel,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble installing games on your PC. It sounds like the issue is not with your Xbox account since you mentioned it works on Xbox and if your account is an adult account, there may be permissions set on your PC.

Have you tried launching the game as an administrator? You can right click the game and click Run as administrator.

Additional Resources:

Use Run as to start an app as an admin - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs
  3. WhiteRoxas XIII Win User

Updating my account to adult account

1. The parental account has been inactive for over 6 years I believe, wasn't used up until the moment I am prompted to use it on xbox live. The password has been forgotten ect.

2. I am aware that there is a glitch in the xbox live system that the accounts which were linked to a parental account have reverted back. The account was created with my date of birth and clearly is 20 by this year. I am hoping it is a techincal error otherwise
    I can't access my account because the password for the parental account and all information relevant to it have gone.
  4. Jaydenx Win User

Live asking me about some crap with my parent account

I am having the same issue, except i am 20 years old, and it is asking me to accept the terms and conditions so I can't actually connect to xbox live as it is asking me to sign in with my parent account...
  5. leehere Win User

How do I found out the name of my parent account?

I have the same problem. I can't change my "child" account because I have to accept the new Terms but I can't accept them because it asks me for a parent account which I don't know. Where can I see which account is set as my "parent" account? This is so
    stupid, I am an adult and have a child account - this is ridiculous...
  6. MrMafia7 Win User

Unable To Change Parental Account

So, after a month and a half, I finally figured out why this was happening. Apparently it was because I didn't have a parent account active.

I can't change my parent account because I can't access the My Account page.

I can't access the My Account page because I can't change my parent account.
Thema:

I am 20 and have no parent account, yet games like skyrim can't be installed because...

1. I am 20 and have no parent account, yet games like skyrim can't be installed because... - Similar Threads - parent account yet

2. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  3. parental controls. game purchased on my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    parental controls. game purchased on my account.: Originally the xbox was mine and it is associated with my account. The children have been using it and it has never been a problem. My wife and I feel like our son is spending too much time on it...
  4. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  5. How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?: Hi everyone, My problem: I have two kids, 7 and 9. They each have their own accounts on the Xbox and have appropriate controls and limits in place. Except they both have unrestricted access to...
  6. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  7. Xbox 360 - "Invalid Parent Microsoft Account"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 - "Invalid Parent Microsoft Account": I am trying to log into Xbox Live with my old Xbox 360, however when I try to sign in, an error appears saying: "Your parent's Microsoft account isn't valid. Your parent needs to choose a...
  8. How to move child account to new parent account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to move child account to new parent account?: When setting up my son (5) Microsoft account for Minecraft I didn't realize I had 2 Microsoft accounts and now he is set up to the wrong account. How do I fix this?...
  9. Erase Parental Permissions on an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Erase Parental Permissions on an adult account: In Fortnite, I am trying to buying VBucks. My Microsoft store account is charged. but Fortnite keeps asking me for parental permission. I am an adult. how can i erase parental permission setting....
  10. XBox Parent Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBox Parent Account: My child has been logging into the parent account and building up game content and status. Is there a way to remove the billing, credit, and additional information from that profile and transfer...