I accidentally made my account a child account and don’t know how to fix it I made another...

Discus and support I accidentally made my account a child account and don’t know how to fix it I made another... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Can’t change some settings and don’t know how to fix please help dee6ee20-9256-4c05-aec6-c97036496641 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Parker L, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Parker L
    Parker L Guest

I accidentally made my account a child account and don’t know how to fix it I made another...

Can’t change some settings and don’t know how to fix please help

:)

Parker L, Jan 12, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

I accidentally made my account a child account and don’t know how to fix it I made another account to be my “parent” but none of my stuff is on there

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

To change your child account back to an adult account, you'll need to have the parent account take control of the child account. Here are the steps you can take:

Go to the settings menu, and then select "Accounts."

Select "Family settings" and then "Manage family members."

Select the child account you want to change, and then select "Change to adult account."

Once you've completed these steps, the child account will be changed to an adult account, and you'll be able to access all of the content and settings that were previously restricted.

If you want the access your content, you can try to transfer the license for your games, and other content, from your child account to your parent account. You can do this by following these steps:

On your Xbox, go to Settings > Accounts > “Downloaded content”

Find the game or content that you want to transfer the license for, and then select it.

Press the “Menu” button on your controller, and then select “Manage game or Manage App.

Select “Move”, “Download” or “License transfer” depending on what’s available to move the game or content to your new account.
  3. MaZ T3rZ Win User

Unable to get Dead Space for Xbox One, console says I cannot do this purcahse on Xbox.com but on console even though I'm on my console

Oh yes I have indeed a child account, although I want to get rid of it as I made it as it accidentally. Thanks for the info
  4. l Thursty l Win User

The accounts I made don’t work

Microsoft likesto keep their services a cluster free as possible by having 11 accounts that you even said your self you have not used them yet Microsoft is sure to ban them. It is because they are using a name someone else may want or they could be impersonating
    someone else. These are only a few reasons why they are banned, I personally can't do anything about this all i can suggest is that you stick too one account. It is very annoying when theres so many unused accounts just taking up space for no reason.
  5. HyperVenom523 Win User

You must know one thing... Here on the forums no one has the ability to access any account or help fix any bans...
  6. Emanuele Artusi Win User

This did not fix my problem at all I would like to talk to an actual person if thats ok?
    of course, you can contact Xbox technical support to talk to a Microsoft employee.

If the link doesn't work or if you have other doubts, please reply.
Thema:

1. I accidentally made my account a child account and don’t know how to fix it I made another... - Similar Threads - accidentally made account

2. I accidentally cancelled my subscription, and you guys took my funds now I can't subscribe...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally cancelled my subscription, and you guys took my funds now I can't subscribe...: Hi , I accidentally cancelled my subscription and I had funds now I can't resubscribe. Please help says you completed and took my funds. b9cb9bf1-61d7-4293-9170-e9c41d043a25
  3. I accidentally turned the wrong setting on for graphics

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally turned the wrong setting on for graphics: [img] My screen had very bad quality I didn't know what to do and I accidentally pressed a tv graphics setting I think and so now I can't fix this and idk what to do...
  4. Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it: I was in the middle of a Fortnite game and my foot hit the cord and unplugged the Xbox. When I started it back up, it was on the same screen that popped up when i turned on the Xbox after first...
  5. I made an accidental purchase and was denied the refund, should I dispute the charge from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I made an accidental purchase and was denied the refund, should I dispute the charge from...: Accidentally bought $44.99 worth of madden points. I was denied the refund, but i need the money back so should i dispute the charge with my bank? d52742e9-4ca4-4f01-8197-e533dfd2f770
  6. I accidentally clicked continue with Google on Minecraft, and now It made a new account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally clicked continue with Google on Minecraft, and now It made a new account...: I was trying to sign into Minecraft bedrock with my Gmail but it didn't send the verification code. So I clicked continue with Google, not only did it not work but it made a new account with the...
  7. I’ve accidentally made two xbox/ Microsoft accounts with the same email and I don’t know...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’ve accidentally made two xbox/ Microsoft accounts with the same email and I don’t know...: I accidentally ended up creating a new account on Xbox using the same email as my old account. It has now overridden the old one and I cannot access it anymore but I’ve checked and the account is...
  8. I made my account a member account "child account" by accident and I want it to be changed...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I made my account a member account "child account" by accident and I want it to be changed...: I'd like to change my member account to an organizer because it was originally supposed to be an organizer but for some reason didn't become one. If I can't I'm going to lose a 1 and a half ish...
  9. The ability to undo a refund that was made by accident

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The ability to undo a refund that was made by accident: I got this game that I didn't think i wanted, so I would go to get a refund. Before the refund was processed, I realized that I wanted the game, so I asked for the refund to be stopped. The Refund...
  10. Locked out of Xbox account. Made a purchase on an expired credit card by accident.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Locked out of Xbox account. Made a purchase on an expired credit card by accident.: About a week ago, I tried to purchase the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas redux ($3.74) but I had accidentally charged my dad's old credit card. A WEEK later, I get a notice saying my account is...