I accidentally changed my xbox account name

Discus and support I accidentally changed my xbox account name in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was trying to change my account name to what i have it on every were else i play games but when i clicked check availability it displayed the name... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by McCREEPER, Jul 19, 2021.

1. McCREEPER
    McCREEPER Guest

I was trying to change my account name to what i have it on every were else i play games but when i clicked check availability it displayed the name with numbers at the end. I thought it was just an id number like they do on steam or something but i was wrong. now my acount name has numbers at the end. does anyone know how to reverse this without paying?

:)

McCREEPER, Jul 19, 2021
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Some time ago, Microsoft changed it so multiple people can have the same gamertag...each separate one is identified by the numbers after the name. So, 2 people can have the gamertag "username" for example...one would be, say, "username4589" and the other "username3629". In the past it used to be only one gamertag instance at a time

Unfortunately, far as I know, there is no way to reverse it as you only get one free gamertag name change
  3. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Hello, no way to reverse without paying.
  4. Big Dawg Mills Win User

Accidental Name Change

Unfortunately, you can't because of the new name restrictions, It may change in the near future. so keep your eyes peeled.
  5. Mercyia Win User

Accidental name change

Hello Demi! Unfortunately you can change your gamertag only once for free! You would be required to get charged for the next gamertag change attempt, very sorry to hear you put the incorrect letters! Every gamertag change is $9.99 USD after the first one.

-

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/change-your-gamertag-on-xbox-one-1bd92fa1-d3fc-7f0c-f95f-0d048fce6b40
  6. xHanSh0tFirstx Win User

Accidental Name Change

That sucks, Alright I Will, Thanks
Thema:

1. I accidentally changed my xbox account name - Similar Threads - accidentally changed account

2. Can I change my Gamertag after accidentally picking it during the “check availability”

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Gamertag after accidentally picking it during the “check availability”: Hi, I just learned of my free Gamertag change and while exploring different options of what my name could be changed to, and what is and isn’t available or has been used by others I selected an...
  3. i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back

in XBoX Accessibility
    i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back: hello i just accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to know how to revert this i checked on minecraft.net and it says i have to wait 30 days but i need it asap...
  4. How to revert a name change immediately because I accidentally renamed myself something I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to revert a name change immediately because I accidentally renamed myself something I...: My friend accidentally renamed my name and now i have to wait for 30 days, I am personally really disappointed and sad because I had my old username for 5 years and I will be sad if someone takes...
  5. I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all...

in XBoX on Windows
    I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all...: I accidentally changes by FPS to 120 and my monitor does not support it. My screen went all black and now I cannot change it back, what do I do?? d773dcc1-0ce0-41c0-8089-04140cf53767
  6. How do I reset my display option back to automatic . I accidentally changed it to a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I reset my display option back to automatic . I accidentally changed it to a...: I’m on Xbox series x and I accidentally changed my display option in video fidelity. How do I put it back onto automatic as I have a black screen? 69eb716d-b402-442b-bd1f-201d34b3f110
  7. how do i change my xbox username back? i accidentally changed it and it is pissing me off

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i change my xbox username back? i accidentally changed it and it is pissing me off: how do i change my xbox username back? i accidentally changed it and it is pissing me off 874bfebd-af8e-47c2-83ae-2ef3aa793608
  8. Accidentally changed my gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Accidentally changed my gamertag.: Hi, I accidentally changed my gamertag on 14.08.23 and it won't allow me to use my previous one. It's saying ''This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one''. My former gamertag '''' is what I...
  9. I accidentally changed my name lookin at the availability on names

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally changed my name lookin at the availability on names: I accidentally changed my name lookin at the availability on names I was looking at and I’m trying to change it back but it says it is already took in even tho it’s not...
  10. I accidentally changed my region.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I accidentally changed my region.: I accidentally changed my region (not on my xbox360 console) now i can't buy anything. I have tried getting a call back for the last week but all I get is "We’re unable to process your request for...