Huge problem with the connection to the servers, mentioned by the Xbox Live app on Windows 10

Discus and support Huge problem with the connection to the servers, mentioned by the Xbox Live app on Windows 10 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Support, my girlfriend and I had to face a problem with the Xbox Live app on Windows 10. An information by the way; we are from... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AydenCheslow, May 21, 2018.

1. AydenCheslow
    AydenCheslow Guest

Huge problem with the connection to the servers, mentioned by the Xbox Live app on Windows 10

Dear Microsoft Support,

my girlfriend and I had to face a problem with the Xbox Live app on Windows 10. An information by the way; we are from Germany. First off, I would like to explain the problem in general before I explain the single cases of each other.

The problem itself started with the connection to the servers due to our NAT-type when we tried to play State of Decay 2 together. In the network settings of the app it said it was strict and our connection to the servers was blocked.

I checked the settings of my router and found out that there was a Teredo filter which kept data packages from entering my network. After I changed this option, I got the NAT-type to function normally and mentioned as "open". Now, my connection is still
    blocked and I have checked all of the suggested solutions from the Microsoft forums and even from different videos on Youtube and I am still blocked from the servers. I also tried reseting the default of the Windows Firewall and deactivated my antivirus program
    to check, if that might be a source of problem, but nothing of that helped.

Another difficulty might come up with the problem of my girlfriend. She won't be able to change the settings in her router due to some strict agreements with her parents and at the same time she is afraid to use the solutions, including
    the admin console on Windows. Neither does she like the thought of uninstalling something (like a VPN how it was mentioned) So, basically my question for her problem is: Is there a possibility to change the settings for the NAT-type without changing the settings
    in the hub of the router or without the admin console?

:)

AydenCheslow, May 21, 2018
  2. Can the Windows Store verify an existing installation of game(s) downloaded previously or from files from another computer? Similar to Steam et al

Hi there Nor,

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, you will need to click the install to download any digital content for PC.

If you have a Windows 10 device, you can now use the Xbox app to connect to the Xbox Live service.

If you’re having problems installing the Games for Windows Live app, or connecting to the Xbox Live service, see

Troubleshoot Games for Windows Live connection problems

For other gaming options, see:

Hope this helps.

XBF Crystal P, May 21, 2018
  3. Janik2402550
    Janik2402550 Guest
    connecting to online games

the Xbox app on windows 10 can't connect to the server (server connection: blocked) help solve this problem! could it be a problem with my account

Janik2402550, May 21, 2018
  4. Ariel Acu
    Ariel Acu Guest

Hi AydenCheslow,

If the Server connectivity appears Blocked in the Network status on your Xbox app, It wants to inform you that your computer is unable to establish a Teredo IPsec connection to the Quality of Service (QoS) server. To resolve this issue, I recommend that
    you follow the solutions provided on this
    link

Regarding on your girlfriend's concern, you can only change the NAT type status by changing the ports on the router settings. However, I would suggest that she connect her computer to another network available like to her phone hotspot. This will help her
    to change the NAT Type status on her end.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ariel Acu, May 21, 2018
  5. AydenCheslow
    AydenCheslow Guest
    Hello DarkusFreedom16,

I am thankful for your attention and also your advices! I managed to work myself through the suggested solutions which are shown on the page you mentioned. I noticed that my firewall was not set correctly. Now, my network settings show a package loss of 1%
    every now and then and the connection is still blocked. I also noticed that some of the services were not set to their usual starting type, so I also took care of that. Unfortunately, this does not seem to work for me.

Also, thank you for the advice for my girlfriend! We will try it out as soon as possible.

AydenCheslow, May 21, 2018
  6. Ariel Acu
    Ariel Acu Guest
    I appreciate your reply. Can you check if the server connectivity was still blocked if you connect your computer to another network? To give you a heads up, we are receiving contacts from other customers who had the same issue in the Xbox app. It's possible
    that there's an adjustment made in the Xbox server which prevents you from connecting your Xbox app to it. Our engineers are aware of this issue and currently working for a fixed. Rest assured that you will be able to connect to the Xbox server as soon as
    possible.

Let us know if you need clarifications.

Ariel Acu, Nov 2, 2018
  7. Ariel Acu Win User

I appreciate your reply. Can you check if the server connectivity was still blocked if you connect your computer to another network? To give you a heads up, we are receiving contacts from other customers who had the same issue in the Xbox app. It's possible
    that there's an adjustment made in the Xbox server which prevents you from connecting your Xbox app to it. Our engineers are aware of this issue and currently working for a fixed. Rest assured that you will be able to connect to the Xbox server as soon as
    possible.

Let us know if you need clarifications.
  8. Ariel Acu Win User

Hi AydenCheslow,

If the Server connectivity appears Blocked in the Network status on your Xbox app, It wants to inform you that your computer is unable to establish a Teredo IPsec connection to the Quality of Service (QoS) server. To resolve this issue, I recommend that
    you follow the solutions provided on this
    link

Regarding on your girlfriend's concern, you can only change the NAT type status by changing the ports on the router settings. However, I would suggest that she connect her computer to another network available like to her phone hotspot. This will help her
    to change the NAT Type status on her end.

Let us know if you need further assistance.
  9. AydenCheslow Win User

Hello DarkusFreedom16,

I am thankful for your attention and also your advices! I managed to work myself through the suggested solutions which are shown on the page you mentioned. I noticed that my firewall was not set correctly. Now, my network settings show a package loss of 1%
    every now and then and the connection is still blocked. I also noticed that some of the services were not set to their usual starting type, so I also took care of that. Unfortunately, this does not seem to work for me.

Also, thank you for the advice for my girlfriend! We will try it out as soon as possible.
  10. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Xbox Live multiplayer connectivity issues

11. G v zauBerBerg Win User

no me puedo unir a un mundo de mis amigos [Translate] I can't join a world of my friends

Thema:

1. Huge problem with the connection to the servers, mentioned by the Xbox Live app on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Huge problem connection

2. Hello, I have a huge problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, I have a huge problem: Hello, I have a huge problem I created an Xbox club several years ago I have 57 members in the clubs I was the only admin I just realized by logging into the clubs that I am no longer an...
  3. Having a huge problem with ads on Microsoft solitaire paid subscription till may 2023

in XBoX Accessibility
    Having a huge problem with ads on Microsoft solitaire paid subscription till may 2023: What’s going on with the ads I have a paid subscription and getting crazy ads 25d662e2-03b4-4c9b-a80b-a96314633590
  4. HUGE problem with spam of the number zero on Redragon keyboard

in XBoX on Windows
    HUGE problem with spam of the number zero on Redragon keyboard: Hi! Recently I have had a big problem with my redragon keyboard. Whenever I press a key bordering 0 (or zero itself), zeros start showing that they are typed when I never touched the 0 key. This...
  5. HUGE problem with Redragon keyboard

in XBoX on Windows
    HUGE problem with Redragon keyboard: Hi! Recently I have had a big problem with my redragon keyboard. Whenever I press a key bordering 0 (or zero itself), zeros start showing that they are typed when I never touched the 0 key. This...
  6. Does anyone else have this huge problem?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone else have this huge problem?: I'm part of the alpha skip ahead program so bugs are expected, but this bug keeps happening and the only way to fix it is to factory reset my console, it happened with this latest update, if I had...
  7. Why are the XSX Wireless Headset problems still a huge problem?

in XboX Insiders
    Why are the XSX Wireless Headset problems still a huge problem?: Why is the connection/console shut down problem with wireless headsets (for example the arctis 9X) still such a pain in the a**? Why isn't there a fix yet? submitted by /u/gn0m [link] [comments]
  8. A huge problem with Minecraft and leaving Omega Preview!

in XboX Insiders
    A huge problem with Minecraft and leaving Omega Preview!: I was using the Omega Preview for the past few days, but then left. Once I came back I went into Minecraft only to see that all of the data was from at latest, august. Can someone please help? I...
  9. Huge Game Pass Problem with Dirt 2

in XboX Insiders
    Huge Game Pass Problem with Dirt 2: So last night I decided to try dirt 2, got it, and played. Got back on today and says it is offline. I try to repair the app and restart, now it's literally gone. Gone off Xbox store, gone off my...
  10. Huge problem the parties seem to be nearly unstable and it is near impossible to play

in XboX Insiders
    Huge problem the parties seem to be nearly unstable and it is near impossible to play: I am trying to play with people and it keeps kicking everyone we dont know if it is a glitch or hacking but if it is hacking then something has happened we don't know what is happening but no...