Huge latency issue when using dolby atmos on Xbox series X

Discus and support Huge latency issue when using dolby atmos on Xbox series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I am using xbox series x with onkyo AV receiver and LG b8 TV. My xbox is connected to my av receiver which is connected to the TV via ARC. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rohaanmanzoor, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Huge latency issue when using dolby atmos on Xbox series X

Hello

I am using xbox series x with onkyo AV receiver and LG b8 TV. My xbox is connected to my av receiver which is connected to the TV via ARC.

I installed dolby access and used atmos. However, the moment I do that i see huge delay in audio. It's quite noticeable. When I go to 5.1 uncompressed audio, it works fine. When I go to dolby digital plus, it's okay. there's a slight delay but not huge. With atmos the delay is massive.

Now i tried connecting my xbox to the tv and then passing the signal to the AV receiver, that introduced more delay than any other configuration.

any idea on how to fix this?

:)

rohaanmanzoor, Mar 18, 2021
  2. Geri M. Win User

When will Microsoft fix Dolby ATMOS audio latency on the Xbox?

Hello jesseinsf94122,

We really appreciate for the time and effort that you have extended to us.

What we have found out an article for some Dolby errors;

Audio delay on Xbox Series X

Question: Some games or movies on the Xbox Series X have audio/video sync issues, how can we fix this?

Answer: Dolby is currently investigating any A/V sync related issues while playing some games or watching some movies on the Xbox Series X with Dolby Atmos enabled. A/V latency problems normally occur because of specific hardware compatibility issues, faulty hardware, or incorrect configuration on one or more devices. For the Xbox Series X, users should double-check the below checklist to make sure your setup fully supports Dolby Atmos.

1. Are you connected to your TV or AVR using eARC?

2. Are you using HDMI 2.1 supported cables?

3. Does your AVR/soundbar support HDMI 2.1?

4. Is your TV configured correctly to use eARC?

5. Is Atmos enabled correctly on your Xbox Series X?

Additionally, one setting in the Xbox Series X that is known to cause some A/V sync errors is the feature to play content in 4k 120hz. This setting has been shown to cause audio delays with some hardware when playing Dolby Atmos content. Microsoft is currently looking into this issue. For a temporary solution, users should change the setting to 60hz.

Please see any of the above items apply to your system and fix as necessary. If you believe all is in correct order, please contact Dolby support to follow up with more troubleshooting.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. neocitron Win User

Dolby Atmos on XBOX ONE X connected to DENON X3600H

Very popular receiver, have one too. No atmos for game support and Arcing atmos back introduces too much latency.

Apparently the issue rests with microsoft as Denon has updated the firmware to anticipate the new, updated version of Dolby atmos home cinema for games or “low latency atmos” so it’s called. The One X supports the regular cinema profile.

Dolby Vision and Atmos are now fairly fragmented formats, makes me wonder if Microsoft should ditch them and go DTS:X moving forward.
  4. AndriySemenyuk Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I have had the same issue with Netflix and Apple TV (a few months), no Dolby Atmos, although there is a label Dolby Atmos at the title and chosen track with Dolby Atmos in the application. My AVR shows a PCM input signal for this application.

My setup is: Xbox Series X - Denon AVR X3700H - TV Samsung 75Q80T
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Center Channel Audio has vanished

6. sturae229 Win User

Dolby Atmos delay on Xbox Series X

Well yes. The problem is constant. Whenever you’re in a game that uses Dolby atmos or even on Netflix through the series x. It needs a software patch to fix it. Delay is present on all Dolby atmos content
Thema:

Huge latency issue when using dolby atmos on Xbox series X

1. Huge latency issue when using dolby atmos on Xbox series X - Similar Threads - Huge latency issue

2. Why does Bluetooth controllers have a huge delay now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Bluetooth controllers have a huge delay now?: I was trying to use a DualShock 4 to play "Scrathin' Melodii" on my Windows 11 laptop and it had huge inconstant delays. And this only happened recently, i tried to install a new bluetooth driver...
  3. Ok so, I'm a huge transformers fan However I have to ask... Is there a way I can ask Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ok so, I'm a huge transformers fan However I have to ask... Is there a way I can ask Xbox...: I'd invest so much money into it and ik lots of people who would. I don't wanna buy a 360 just to play it. They could make so much money and the Xbox community would grow very large. Especially if...
  4. BIG HUGE GAMES question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BIG HUGE GAMES question: On Rise of Nations, how do I change the drive my game saves to? I have a huge E/ drive that I use for saving games but the game is insisting I save it to my C/ drive, a SSD with limited space. I...
  5. Big Huge Games Question

in XBoX on Windows
    Big Huge Games Question: On Rise of Nations, how do I change the drive my game saves to? I have a huge E/ drive that I use for saving games but the game is insisting I save it to my C/ drive, a SSD with limited space. How...
  6. Any advice would be hugely appreciated

in XboX Insiders
    Any advice would be hugely appreciated: So I have a seagate 2tb Storage card on my series x. However with Microsoft deleting captures I've decided to get an external device to store my game clips and screenshots on. So I would like to...
  7. Boarderland 3 - Huge fan of Boarderland games. Getting xbox series X soon. SO many versions...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Boarderland 3 - Huge fan of Boarderland games. Getting xbox series X soon. SO many versions...: Boarderland 3 - Huge fan of Boarderland games. Getting xbox series X soon. SO many versions of Boarderlands - any advice on making sure I get best/correct version? Thanks, Steve...
  8. Huge issue with my Xbox game pass account!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Huge issue with my Xbox game pass account!: Hello i don't really understand how it's happened but i have upgraded my PC this week and so i had to reinstall a lot of app, software, i just changed the the SDD where my windows is ( / C ) , i...
  9. Hello, I have a huge problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, I have a huge problem: Hello, I have a huge problem I created an Xbox club several years ago I have 57 members in the clubs I was the only admin I just realized by logging into the clubs that I am no longer an...
  10. Having a huge problem with ads on Microsoft solitaire paid subscription till may 2023

in XBoX Accessibility
    Having a huge problem with ads on Microsoft solitaire paid subscription till may 2023: What’s going on with the ads I have a paid subscription and getting crazy ads 25d662e2-03b4-4c9b-a80b-a96314633590