: Huge lag spikes

Discus and support : Huge lag spikes in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Huge lag spikes So this is only happening when I play warzone or cold War. As I'm playing I'll be running at a constant 30-50 mbps and then out of no... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by BeastTundra1, Dec 7, 2020.

1. BeastTundra1
    BeastTundra1 Guest

So this is only happening when I play warzone or cold War. As I'm playing I'll be running at a constant 30-50 mbps and then out of no where it will shoot up to over 1000 mbps... not really sure why though. It'll send me rubberbabanding across the damn
    map making it almost impossible to play a successful match. However when I use my phones Hotspot I can stay at a constant 70 mbps and not get any spikes. Anyone know what could be causing the huge spikes and how to fix it?

:)

BeastTundra1, Dec 7, 2020
  2. ScantilyCloud Win User

Intermittent lag spikes while Xbox game streaming to PC

Those are both fair points. There's an icon on the app that once you press it, shows telemetry of your stream. Look for corresponding spikes in the graph with lag spikes while playing.

Streaming takes huge bandwidth so it's hard to rule that out without the test you suggested. Go ahead and try it and if it doesn't work (even if it does), report back and we'll continue working on it.
  3. XxPWNAGExX3 Win User

Weird PvP Glitch

Not sure if it's a lag spike but it's pretty funny.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Lag spikes

Exactly...I'd rule out the game itself before blaming the hardware. Could be the game is switching servers and putting the OP in one on the other side of the world for example
  5. TheTurtleClub Win User

Lag spikes?

Not lag. The xbox just can't handle the game engine. You'll notice on SEINE that the game comes to full stop at points or on other maps when parts of buildings come down (most notably on seine and karkand maps, IMO) that the FPS takes a toilet dive.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Lag spikes

Thank you for the update. To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
Thema:

1. : Huge lag spikes - Similar Threads - Huge lag spikes

2. Why does Bluetooth controllers have a huge delay now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Bluetooth controllers have a huge delay now?: I was trying to use a DualShock 4 to play "Scrathin' Melodii" on my Windows 11 laptop and it had huge inconstant delays. And this only happened recently, i tried to install a new bluetooth driver...
  3. Game Pass beta with huge lag to load quests

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass beta with huge lag to load quests: It works when you click the first time, but if you try again, there is a huge lag. Sometimes it works in the 2th or 3rd time. Can someone else try to reproduce it? Version 2202.12.126 and prior to...
  4. Why don’t we have an option to disable Super Sampling? Huge input lag and FPS boost

in XboX Insiders
    Why don’t we have an option to disable Super Sampling? Huge input lag and FPS boost: With the new gen consoles on the shelves, aiming at higher frame rates, lower input lag and solid hardware we should have the option to disable Super Sampling especially on XSX where it renders...
  5. Minecraft won’t let me join friends world, causes huge lag spike for them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft won’t let me join friends world, causes huge lag spike for them: Recently me and my friends have been playing survival however now every time i try join the world becomes very laggy for them. For me it says locating server but jever gets past that page. To try...
  6. Xbox Series X controller huge input lag (0.5-1.0 SECONDS!)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller huge input lag (0.5-1.0 SECONDS!): Hi, first i will explain my current problem with my Series X controller, and then i will describe the problems i had with it before using my new wireless headset, because i think they are related....
  7. Randomly signing me out of Xbox live and huge lag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Randomly signing me out of Xbox live and huge lag: Ok. this is what i have done to prevent this happening to me. AND IT IS STILL HAPPENING!!! ARGGG. Cleared my xbox cache deleted my profile and reloaded tried all of the channels on my modem...
  8. Huge Lag and Latency

in XBoX on Consoles
    Huge Lag and Latency: My BF 1 used to work to e but now I've got huge Lag numbers and warning symbols every time I play? What happened.? My NAT is open and multiplayer is good so WTF? 530f910f-9018-4474-889e-f488d4ebfaaf
  9. Xbox huge lag problem!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox huge lag problem!!!: So i have a 50mbps connection but when i check my test multiplayer connection I'm getting 2-5 mbps with 10 upload. But when i speedtest my computers and phone it says 50mbps with 10-12 upload. Is...
  10. Not Possible to Play CoD BlackOps Anymore (HUGE LAG)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not Possible to Play CoD BlackOps Anymore (HUGE LAG): Hi all, In the last three months I was not able to play CoD BlackOps anymore. 08 out of 10 games, all I have is a *HUGE* lag. Several times all players are dropped from the game, so it´s not...