Hub Xbox Insider - Unspecified error​ (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005)

Discus and support Hub Xbox Insider - Unspecified error​ (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I just installed Hub Xbox Insider to try out "Age of Empires: Definitive Edition BETA" that I just go into. Installation went OK, then I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Benjam1989, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Benjam1989
    Benjam1989 Guest

Hub Xbox Insider - Unspecified error​ (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005)

Hello,

I just installed Hub Xbox Insider to try out "Age of Empires: Definitive Edition BETA" that I just go into.

Installation went OK, then I launch the application it says to login, so I click login and then I get an error message:

Unspecified error (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005).

All I could find was this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/win-10-xbox-insider-hub/d...
    that says to report the issue here.

Could you please help me with that ?

I understand you'll need more info since this says it is a generic error code.

Thank you,

Ben

:)

Benjam1989, Nov 1, 2017
  2. Xbox insider hub gives an error on login

When pressing the login button, xbox insider hub gives the following error:

There's a problem

Unspecified error (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005)

Hub Xbox Insider - Unspecified error​ (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005) [​IMG]

Any help resolving this would be appreciated.

ToxicantMaple81, Nov 1, 2017
  3. Laorne2008
    Laorne2008 Guest
    Win10 Hub Xbox Insider. Impossible to run the app.

Hi,

I'm trying to launch the Hub Xbox Insider on Windows 10, to install Sea Of Thieves and everytime i launch the app, i've got this message :

"Unspecified error (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005)"

Same thing with Xbox App !

Any suggestions ?

Thx!

Laorne2008, Nov 1, 2017
  4. Benjam1989
    Benjam1989 Guest

Hub Xbox Insider - Unspecified error​ (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005) [​IMG]

Benjam1989, Nov 1, 2017
  5. Benjam1989
    Benjam1989 Guest
    Ok so I originally removed the store from windows, I did this to re install it:

Get-AppxPackage windowsstore | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage xboxapp | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Then I upgraded to Windows 10 Fall Creators and now everything works fine.

Benjam1989, Nov 2, 2017
  6. Open PowerShell as Admin and type this command in and problem solved here! Thanks so much!

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

CausedDolphin86, Nov 1, 2018
  7. CausedDolphin86 Win User

Open PowerShell as Admin and type this command in and problem solved here! Thanks so much!

8. Benjam1989 Win User

Ok so I originally removed the store from windows, I did this to re install it:

Get-AppxPackage windowsstore | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage xboxapp | Remove-AppxPackage

Then I upgraded to Windows 10 Fall Creators and now everything works fine.
  9. Benjam1989 Win User

[​IMG]
  10. Wilfred Mac Win User

xbox insider hub error "Unspecified error (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005)"

Thanks for performing all the troubleshooting steps above. It seems that it might be an account issue, we highly recommend that you get in touch with the Xbox Insider Hub Support. To do this, kindly refer to the link below:

Click here

1. You may select Latest Xbox One Update Preview.
    2. Click on Chat with Support.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.
  11. Wilfred Mac Win User

xbox insider hub error "Unspecified error (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005)"

Hi,

An outdated Xbox app is one of the possible reasons why you are getting this error: 0x80004005 when you're trying to sign in on the app. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you follow the solutions below:

Solution 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help us remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store. To proceed, kindly refer to the link below:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Solution 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Microsoft Store. Kindly refer to the link below:

Click here

Solution 3: Reset Xbox app settings.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps & features.
    4. Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.
Thema:

1. Hub Xbox Insider - Unspecified error​ (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005) - Similar Threads - Hub Insider Unspecified

2. Xbox insider hub level up problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox insider hub level up problem: So i was getting xp at the xbox insider and i leveld up and i cant update my xbox to the next preview it doesn't show me a new preview to select submitted by /u/Ok_Victory4109 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...: Hello experts, Hopefully, I can find the solution here... This is the only user running xbox insider hub and it is in globalprotect full-tunnel setup. When not connected to our vpn, xbox works...
  4. Xbox Dev Mode question about insider hub

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Dev Mode question about insider hub: So, I want to try out dev mode because it can let me try UWP apps, but I don't know how to know if I'm out of xbox insider hub as I heard it can ruin your Xbox and one time it actually did, my...
  5. Game hubs are available now for Xbox Insiders on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Game hubs are available now for Xbox Insiders on PC: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox Insider Program 10th Anniversary Hub

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Program 10th Anniversary Hub: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  7. cant find windows gaming program on insider hub app

in XboX Insiders
    cant find windows gaming program on insider hub app: any reason the "windows gaming program" isnt showing up on my hub? currently trying to link my xbox to my pc while streaming so i can use obs studios, windows 11 submitted by...
  8. Why does the Xbox Insider Hub ask me to be 18+?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the Xbox Insider Hub ask me to be 18+?: Happy New Years, everyone! I wish you a great 2024. I was chilling out a few days ago when I found a Minecraft Bedrock Edition seed that is just crazy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31RwlN2-mhE...
  9. Xbox MasterCard, issues with joining in the insiders hub

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox MasterCard, issues with joining in the insiders hub: Hi all, I have the MasterCard showing in my Xbox insiders hub. However every time I join it to try and apply it goes to "pending". And the about 30 minutes later it's back under available instead...
  10. Xbox Insider Hub UI Navigation via MS Controller Bug Found

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Hub UI Navigation via MS Controller Bug Found: Using an official xb elite controller on the xbox insider hub pc app. Notice it has controller navigation support. Select Profile tab; i cannot scroll no matter what i highlight using my d-pad....