HTPC to Xbox One input to Denon AVR-2100W outputs only 2.1 Stereo. Why?

Discus and support HTPC to Xbox One input to Denon AVR-2100W outputs only 2.1 Stereo. Why? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok so I have searched and searched and searched for a solution and have found nothing. I am hoping someone here can help me out. My setup is a HTPC... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ionized Fallout, Oct 17, 2017.

1. HTPC to Xbox One input to Denon AVR-2100W outputs only 2.1 Stereo. Why?

Ok so I have searched and searched and searched for a solution and have found nothing. I am hoping someone here can help me out. My setup is a HTPC with 980 TI SLI to my Xbox One Forza edition input via HDMI, to my Denon AVR-2100W via HDMI, to my TV via
    HDMI. I have gone through the settings on the xbox and changed the "display and sound" to Bitstream and I have changed the "Tv and Oneguide" to surround sound output. Xbox games play dolby digital just fine. HTPC only shows stereo as an option for audio
    output. What am I doing wrong here that is limiting my HTPC to output 2.1? If I connect my HTPC directly to my Denon it will let me choose 7.1. Through the xbox it will not. All devices and firmware and drivers are completely up to date. What gives?

:)

Ionized Fallout, Oct 17, 2017
  2. Higher4Hire
    Higher4Hire Guest
    Surround Sound Not Working

Ok, I found something. If I select "Stereo Uncompressed" in sound setting in Xb1, my AVR gives me the "Dolby PLII Movie" and "DTS Neo:6 Cimena" output options. Selecting this, I get output form whole 5.1 system, but the Input signal detected by AVR is only
    a 2 channel input. I believe my Marrantz is taking the uncompressed stereo and converting it into 5.1 output. This is also the case with the videos I played back through chromecast. Is this pure surround or just a lot of sound from all the speakers.

In contrast, if I select 5.1 uncompressed in audio setting in XB1, the input is detected as 5.1, but output is only from front, center and sub. I am getting super confused.

Higher4Hire, Oct 17, 2017
  3. XBOX One Audio Settings

I am having an issue with the Audio output. I will set my XBOX One to 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed and it will stay set this way until the next time I turn my XBOX on. Then, it resorts back to Stereo. Hard shutdowns do not fix this issue.

I am running HDMI to a Denon AVR-991 receiver.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Mr Roy-DA75AF17-8008-4580-936B-019A6785B14F, Oct 17, 2017
  4. HTPC to Xbox One input to Denon AVR-2100W outputs only 2.1 Stereo. Why?

Still nowhere with this issue. For those of you who have an HTPC connected to your Xbox are you able to select 5.1/7.1 @ the configure screen on playback devices when you select the Xbox?

Ionized Fallout, Oct 18, 2017
  5. Ionized Fallout Win User

Still nowhere with this issue. For those of you who have an HTPC connected to your Xbox are you able to select 5.1/7.1 @ the configure screen on playback devices when you select the Xbox?
  6. nrps1 Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I've just upgraded to a Denon AVR-X2800H, exactly the same issue. Prime and Disney are fine, Netflix and Apple only output Dolby Digital. Curious that everyone here only mentioned Denon receivers....
  7. Higher4Hire Win User

Surround Sound Not Working

Ok, I found something. If I select "Stereo Uncompressed" in sound setting in Xb1, my AVR gives me the "Dolby PLII Movie" and "DTS Neo:6 Cimena" output options. Selecting this, I get output form whole 5.1 system, but the Input signal detected by AVR is only
    a 2 channel input. I believe my Marrantz is taking the uncompressed stereo and converting it into 5.1 output. This is also the case with the videos I played back through chromecast. Is this pure surround or just a lot of sound from all the speakers.

In contrast, if I select 5.1 uncompressed in audio setting in XB1, the input is detected as 5.1, but output is only from front, center and sub. I am getting super confused.
  8. Tomsull Win User

I need the standards supported by XBox One S for 3D Playback

The XBox One S absolutely IS 3D capable. I was able to get 3D working by downgrading my audio out. My issue is a device I'm using to split my HDMI outs to send 1 output to the TV, one output to the AVR I have. The TV side is working, I see great 3D, the
    AVR side is not (only works with stereo out).
  9. Adam Sheetz Win User

Atmos trouble on Xbox x

Hi, PiotrONX, my name is Adam.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with your Xbox X series and Denon AVR. Here are some steps that you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check your audio settings: Make sure that your Xbox X series is set to output audio in Dolby Atmos format. To do this, go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output > Audio output, and then select Dolby Atmos for home theater. If you have already done this, try toggling the setting off and on again.

2. Check your HDMI connections: Ensure that your Xbox X series is connected to your Denon AVR via an HDMI cable that supports Dolby Atmos. Also, make sure that your Denon AVR is set to the correct input source.

3. Update your firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your Denon AVR. If there are, update your firmware to the latest version.

4. Reset your Xbox X series: If none of the above steps work, try resetting your Xbox X series to its default settings. To do this, go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console > Reset and remove everything.

I hope this helps!
    Adam.
Thema:

1. HTPC to Xbox One input to Denon AVR-2100W outputs only 2.1 Stereo. Why? - Similar Threads - HTPC input Denon

2. my xbox seems to input the right direction no matter what i do, ive even switched...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox seems to input the right direction no matter what i do, ive even switched...: my xbox seems to input the right direction no matter what i do, ive even switched controllers and the problem persists so i doubt its a controlelr problem 8dad8d13-6706-4fc1-8013-6e473cc000be
  3. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  4. X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated: Conan exiles wont work via game pass install or via cloud gaming. When on the cloud it will load and go to olay then says player disconnected. The cloud wont let me play conan for over 2 days now....
  5. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?: My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick...
  6. How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?: Fairly recently, I've had terrible upward drift on my right stick. It shows up even in the recalibration menu, but after recalibrating it still persists. I thought it was a controller issue, but...
  7. Massive input lag in xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Massive input lag in xbox cloud gaming: I recently got a controller and decided to try out xbox cloud gaming. I fired up No Man's Sky but I got MASSIVE input lag, like, easily 15 seconds of delay. Strangely enough, I don't have this...
  8. Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs

in XboX Insiders
    Please fix mouse stuttering with small inputs: Hello , so I’ve been having a problem with my mouse stuttering when doing small inputs. I found this article with a lot of views clearly showing people have the same issue. I’ve done everything...
  9. How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?: I have been dealing with an mysterious and irritating input delay with my Xboxes for the past 3 years. I do not know what else to do to fix this issue. I have literally gone through EVERY...
  10. One Guide and Windows Media Center PC (HTPC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    One Guide and Windows Media Center PC (HTPC): Please do not hijack this thread with similar issues. I have read through quite a bit of this forum in search of an answer to the following and have seen many variations of the problem asked and...