How you actually get support? Xbox Controller has failed on me

Discus and support How you actually get support? Xbox Controller has failed on me in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have tried multiple supplied options and get nowhere. I get broken pages and circular references to the same pages, No Chat, No form to fill out to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kenneth Wilson, May 23, 2023.

1. How you actually get support? Xbox Controller has failed on me

I have tried multiple supplied options and get nowhere. I get broken pages and circular references to the same pages,

No Chat, No form to fill out to submit issues.

My xbox controller is suddenly suffering from the dreaded joystick drift. It is about 11 months and purchased from Microsoft online.

The right joystick will move up, but then quickly downward without any warning. The joystick feels fine and is not broken. appears to

bean actual electronic issue.

Don't enjoy paying $70.00 for a controller that fails less than a year later.

:)

Kenneth Wilson, May 23, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Kenneth Wilson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your wireless controller is having issues. There are a few ways you can contact support for this problem. One option is to visit our website and chat with an agent online. You can also request a callback from our team if you prefer. To find the best contact option for your region and issue, please go to https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us and follow the instructions. We hope to resolve your issue as soon as possible.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  3. Mazzey Win User

Not receiving adapter/controller update--incompatible headset?

UPDATE!

It appears as though it's a software issue.

I actually managed to get the audio and chat working with my XP7. How? You tell me.

Despite all the update 'fails', plugging in the adapter with the chat cable installed AFTER the controller has turned on and synced seems to be working.

The 'would you like to update' prompts still pop up, but I just cancel them. This little get-around seems to work. For now.
  4. XBF Meryem R Win User

Microsoft Rewards Support has failed me

Hello there!

Regarding your issue, please try reaching out to rewards support for more assistance Microsoft Rewards | Xbox.
  5. O4OUR Win User

Tadaaaa!

Tell me you didn't read my post without telling me you didn't read my post.

There's a button right next to reply that says "report abuse" and I'm so tempted to click it lol. You didn't read the title. You didn't read the content, and you especially didn't read the last sentences. Please.. pleeeeasseeee read.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Sorry, but there is nothing else we can do here on the forums. Your issue has to go through Rewards support.
Thema:

1. How you actually get support? Xbox Controller has failed on me - Similar Threads - actually support Controller

2. How do I get an actual xbox customer support?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get an actual xbox customer support?: I ran in some problem with my xbox game pass couple weeks ago and I am having serious issues with the customer support. The virtual agent always showing "I'm sorry, but I'm having a technical...
  3. Anyone know how to actually speak to someone at xbox or Microsoft support ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone know how to actually speak to someone at xbox or Microsoft support ?: Don't get the option of a Web chat and when I request a call back it tells me to try again later, the phone number just tells you to go online and then hang up, never known a customer services...
  4. Has anyone actually had help with the call back service for Xbox support?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone actually had help with the call back service for Xbox support?: I've been trying to get help with a controller issue that has persisted from my xbox one to my xbox x. It randomly disconnects and it makes it impossible to play games online. The asked in the...
  5. Is there a way to contact an actuall Microsoft Supporter?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to contact an actuall Microsoft Supporter?: Hello, on the 27th of december my Microsoft Account got hacked from a person. My Microsoft Account was mainly used for Minecraft only. On the very same day I browsed through the internet and...
  6. How do I get into contact with Microsoft support? I mean actually talk to someone and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get into contact with Microsoft support? I mean actually talk to someone and...: Few months ago my Microsoft account had been hacked, the password and email were changed and I have no access to it. But, yesterday I realized it is still logged into my Microsoft store somehow....
  7. What prevents Microsoft rewards support from actually working on ticket issues?

in XBoX on Windows
    What prevents Microsoft rewards support from actually working on ticket issues?: I think this is about the 2nd or 3rd time I've run into the issue of getting the "There's an issue with your account or order" screen when trying to redeem points. I've seen similar threads posted...
  8. Please help me find a workaround(actual support agents don't exist only ai because...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help me find a workaround(actual support agents don't exist only ai because...: I've been streaming to twitch from my Xbox. My PC can run games but can't stream them so I started using the HDMI in on my Xbox as a passthrough capture card for streaming. This has been brought...
  9. There seems to be no actual way to get in contact with support about replacing damaged...

in XBoX on Consoles
    There seems to be no actual way to get in contact with support about replacing damaged...: I am UK based and have an Elite Series 2 controller with a barely functioning Left Bumper. The warranty runs out tomorrow so am really trying to sort this out ASAP. Below is what happens when I...
  10. How do I contact an actual person at microsoft for Xbox hardware repair support

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I contact an actual person at microsoft for Xbox hardware repair support: Hey, I have been trying to organise a repair request for my son's wireless xbox headset and keep getting sent in circles to the contact us section, but every time i try to request a call back it...