How Xbox Saved My Life

Discus and support How Xbox Saved My Life in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Alright so i'm just going to get right into it. All my life I've been a gamer. Video games had been my whole life for most of my childhood. As we... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dr BumperHumper, Jan 5, 2014.

1. How Xbox Saved My Life

Alright so i'm just going to get right into it. All my life I've been a gamer. Video games had been my whole life for most of my childhood. As we all know, doing nothing but sitting down and playing video games isn't good for your physical health generally
    speaking. Well I started gaining weight like crazzyyyy. By the time I was 18 (mid 2012), I weighed 315 lbs. People at school of course made rude remarks about me whether it was behind my back or right in front of me. Being overweight is no easy way to
    live for the most part. PE class was especially tough, with all the skinny folk running around and breezing through the mandatory mile-long run to pass the class, while I was laps behind. It got pretty bad affecting my mental state that I had gone into depression
    and nothing really made me happy; I couldn't find the motivation to get up in the morning, etc. I had been to the doctors many times for various purposes, and every time they'd bring up my weight and how it wasn't good for my health and I was reducing my
    lifespan. I was like a lot of other overweight people, I wanted to lose weight, but just couldn't get the motivation to do it. Well May 18, 2012 I graduated high school and decided to change myself once and for all and finally lose that extra weight. So
    all summer, I stayed out of the kitchen and stayed in my room playing various video games (Halo 4, GTA V, Red Dead Redemption, etc.) And near the end of the summer break, heading into mid-August, early September, I had lost around 75 lbs, and boy was it showing.
    Then I got into college, and the first thing I did was set up my Xbox on my desk, right next to my HDTV that also served as my monitor for my laptop (VGA cable from laptop to TV). And around 3 months into college I had lost a total of roughly 110 lbs. I
    started attending the gym, I felt like I was actually normal for the first time, and heck, I even got a girlfriend for the first time in my life. All signs of depression were just about gone and I finally had a positive outlook on life. I have Microsoft
    to thank for this, because without the Xbox, I would not have been able to have my mind distracted long enough to stay out of the kitchen except for 1-2 times a day. From the bottom of my heart, thank you Microsoft. I wish you the best of luck with the Xbox
    One and I hope to get one whenever I can. Stay awesome How Xbox Saved My Life :) And at the end of this post will be an image of the before and after shots of me.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

:)

Dr BumperHumper, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Help with Error Code: 80151011

Thank you so much!!!!! You saved my life!

epicdanthemannn, Jan 5, 2014
  3. What is your favorite xboxlive day gaming Snack set up?

How about using utensils? How Xbox Saved My Life :eek: Like when I eat olives, I use a tooth pick.

Yes, milk saved my life once when I ate too many fire hot cheetos.

BizarroMantis, Jan 5, 2014
  4. CAMARO Xlll
    CAMARO Xlll Guest

How Xbox Saved My Life

That's a great story. I am glad to see you are making progress with the weight loss. It can be hard but looks like you have done well. Congrats.

CAMARO Xlll, Jan 6, 2014
  5. SP Rhino
    SP Rhino Guest
    Glad to hear you are doing so well, keep believing in yourself, and you will overcome what appear to be insurmountable problems, we all live and learn as we grow, best of luck to you buddy, and keep those thumbs busy How Xbox Saved My Life :)

SP Rhino, Jan 6, 2014
  6. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    Well done fella don't let people on these forums put ur story down

N7 Gh0stz, Jan 6, 2014
  7. Boas BS5
    Boas BS5 Guest
    without the xbox you wouldnt have been in that state in the first place, im sure the diet and excercise did more for you than any console.

Congratulation on your achievement, not trying to take anything away from the weight you have lost.

Boas BS5, Jan 6, 2014
  8. How Xbox Saved My Life

Nice read...i want to add that will is everything.

IngameInstincts, Jan 6, 2014
  9. Good story, OP. I've used the Xbox myself to lose over 30 lb. in 3 months via regular exercise using Your Health & Fitness Evolved & eating right.

Galactic Geek, Jan 6, 2014
  10. good story OP. have you seen xbox fitness? its pretty dam awesome, you should give it a go

Upinya Slayin, Jan 6, 2014
  11. Dorotheo
    Dorotheo Guest
    Real happy for you OP. I kinda was like you before, gaming all my life and staying close to the kitchen! So glad it worked in your favor and also if you ever feel the lack of motivation, just YouTube motivational videos and I assure you that you'll feel
    motivated! CHEERS!

Dorotheo, Jan 6, 2014
  12. Good job!! Keep up the good work. Portion control, and eating healthy snacks between meals roughly every 2 hours is a healthy habit to get into to and is sustainable, for keeping the weight off. That's how I've done (and do) it with success - along with
    exercise, which is very important for cardio - keep that heart healthy, and pumping plenty of blood and oxygen through your body.

Life is short to begin with. Very glad to hear that you love yourself, and have made this change in your life. Life is indeed a gift...and a blessing.

DocHolliday 7, Jan 6, 2014
  13. PorQ 201
    PorQ 201 Guest

How Xbox Saved My Life

Great story, keep up the good work and stay committed. Try out X Box Fitness, you will thank it even more.

PorQ 201, Jan 6, 2014
  14. MS should just give you a X1! Heck, the guy that bought a picture of one off eBay eventually got one for free. I think you deserve one more than that numbskull! Hope they get it to you soon!

Jason Lazette, Jan 6, 2014
  15. Scottiths
    Scottiths Guest
    Did anyone else think this post was going a different direction? I thought he was going to talk about xbox fitness or something. You need real exercise dude, not just less eating. You are gonna give yourself a deep vein thrombosis if you sit around all
    day gaming.

Scottiths, Jan 6, 2014
Thema:

How Xbox Saved My Life

1. How Xbox Saved My Life - Similar Threads - Saved Life

2. Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...: Hello, I have a lot of saved games and characters on my fallout 4, wanting to get back into it. I’ve been spending hours and hours searching online and trying to find fixes for this issue, I’ve...
  3. After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?

in XBoX on Consoles
    After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?: After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save my progress from before? d09664e6-fd7e-445a-acea-c7df44884c34
  4. Xbox 360 saves stuck 'Pending Upload'

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 saves stuck 'Pending Upload': Hello, I'm currently on Beta Ring (xb_flt_2405zn.240411-2000) I've recently started playing fallout 3 on Xbox Series X but I wanted to continue my save on my series s but my save was not...
  5. Pc game pass game saves missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Pc game pass game saves missing: Started up terra invicta to continue my game and it won't allow my to continue or load my game. My saves are not even on there. Looked in the game saves file and it's empty. On pc game pass...
  6. Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to delete cloud save data with no Internet connection to the Xbox?: I don't have home internet, and the data is getting miscalculated by my provider and I can't use all of the hotspot they say I have access to.(i.e. I download a 5Gb update, and it blows through...
  7. Access to cloud save files from Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    Access to cloud save files from Xbox?: I have been playing Ark Survival Ascended on Xbox series x. Following a recent update, the save file for the scorched earth map appears corrupted. It crashes on loading, every time. I have tried...
  8. Life is Strange Save Data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Life is Strange Save Data: So I've played Life is strange on the 360, and I really enjoyed it, but I recently got an xbox one, and I wanted to get the game for the xbox one, but I wanted to know if the saves on the 360...
  9. Can't find a job to save my life..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find a job to save my life..: Im trying to play GTA V online and it takes forever for me to find a job (45min).. when I do join on one it say s all players have left.. I cannot play this game online.. Help me...
  10. Can't get any legendaries to save my life.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get any legendaries to save my life.: I'm currently a lvl 22 and I have played enough crucible matches to max out my weekly score. I've also done several lvl 22 strikes. All I ever seem to get is green drops and maybe MAYBE a blue...