How to use microphone on my BT headphones in xbox app

Discus and support How to use microphone on my BT headphones in xbox app in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Its one of many things wich really bugs me since I purchase xbox and switched from PS. But I could try to live trough since, "you know, xbox will... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Xbox app microphone(not, Mar 11, 2023.

1. How to use microphone on my BT headphones in xbox app

Its one of many things wich really bugs me since I purchase xbox and switched from PS. But I could try to live trough since, "you know, xbox will improve".

I currently have big struggle to understand why is possible to have party chat (voice chat) on app using my BT headphones, but only way how microphone is working is trough telephone and not build-in BT headphones mic. No option to switch, nothing. Only what is achieved by this is that mic detects literally everything and its impossible to have normal conversation when you have another party member next to you. (Echo hearing own voice delayed etc.)

Is there something I missing? Or only way how to use voice chat which is already not the best experience even after so many years is to buy xbox dedicated headset? (Not really optional)

:)

Xbox app microphone(not, Mar 11, 2023
  2. APsinth71 Win User

Hi Kathy,

I reinstalled xbox and still nothing changed, I am using android 12 (Realme 8 pro) when I start party chat it ask me for permission for mic/recording even I am already connected to BT headphones (jabra elite 7 pro). Mic goes only trough telephone mic and sound still continue trough earbuds, to be more specific.

Regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello APsinth71,

Upon consultation to our colleague about this issue, they could not reproduce the issue you were experiencing. To ensure that you will be able to communicate with your friends using the built in microphone of your headset connected on Xbox App on Mobile, PC, and Tablet.

We recommend for you to uninstall and reinstall Xox app and make sure these are updated. also try the following support articles we have

May we know what is your mobile device? Is this Android or iOS?

We look forward for your reply.

Regards,

5. APsinth71 Win User

Hello Kathy,

So I am not using remote play, simply playing on Xbox Series S and using mobile Xbox app, also I am not trying to stream.

Let me know if you need any additional information. So far thank you for your reply.

Regards,

6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello APsinth71,

Thanks for providing further details.

Just wondering, are you trying to use an earbud or a headphone?

Based on your last reply, you are using BT headphones (Jabra Elite 7 Pro). Jabra Elite 7 Pro is wireless earbuds and Bluetooth 5.2. If this happens to be a compatible issue, we may need to isolate this issue. Isolating issue like:

1. The headphone or earbuds connected to a different mobile phone (iOS and Android).
    2. Different headphone/earbuds connected to your mobile device.
    3. Try using a computer, see if you can record using your headphone/earbud and see if you can hear your voice.

We will wait for your update.

Regards,

Thema:

1. How to use microphone on my BT headphones in xbox app - Similar Threads - microphone headphones app

2. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke: Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going through the site for warranty but it says my...
  3. Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will xbox ever allow plug and play for usb microphones?: i have a usb microphone that i do not use and its just collecting dust. So i thought it would be nice to have an upgrade for a mic so i attempted to plug in the mic and the party was saying it...
  4. How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make microphone better for twitch streams on Xbox.: Since they updated Twitch, the microphone while streaming is terrible on Xbox. Twitch has an automatic noise suppression which causes the microphone sound so god awful (like bees are infesting...
  5. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  6. Discord streaming through Xbox microphone issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Discord streaming through Xbox microphone issues: I use a Hypercloud wired stereo headset when I play Xbox. I’ve started streaming my games on Discord through Xbox, but there are issues with my microphone. The people I’m talking to on Discord say...
  7. Microphone no longer works with any headset

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microphone no longer works with any headset: Has anyone else had this problem...no mic working..checked all settings and nothing was changed from day purchased..now doesn't work 04d0ab47-1906-40b5-9c03-1b1668d31b54
  8. Am I cursed? Microphone not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Am I cursed? Microphone not working.: Let me explain my situation. All i want to do is use my microphone on an xbox. I have owned around 4 xboxes the past couple months because ive been flipping them for fun. Every single one i have,...
  9. Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged: I was gifted the Xbox Wireless Headset as a gift for Christmas 2023. Only about a month after the gift, I'm plugging in my headset and feel a piece of plastic in my hand. I look down and a...
  10. Why won't the Xbox app on Android recognize Bluetooth headphones as a microphone?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the Xbox app on Android recognize Bluetooth headphones as a microphone?: I've seen this posted multiple times, with no valid solutions. Reinstalling the app doesn't help, clearing cache doesn't help. Reconnecting the Bluetooth doesn't help. I don't know if an update...