How to upgrade individual account to family?

Discus and support How to upgrade individual account to family? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; HI All, new to this so I'm hoping to get some help from someone out there. I purchased an Xbox live gold account for my kids and didn't realize they... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VOSSboys2003, Jan 5, 2014.

1. VOSSboys2003
    VOSSboys2003 Guest

HI All, new to this so I'm hoping to get some help from someone out there. I purchased an Xbox live gold account for my kids and didn't realize they can have only one gamer tag.

I'm looking to upgrade this to family so they can have their own gamer tags.

How can I do this?

Thanks!

:)

VOSSboys2003, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Upgrading to Family Gold

If I upgrade my gold account to the Family Gold, are we assigned new individual account?. We currently have three individual gold accounts in the family and don't want to lose our individual accounts.

xXDoctorShockXx, Jan 5, 2014
  3. LJ MarZ
    LJ MarZ Guest
    How to upgrade to an adult account?

aye my name is luke, u can call me jesus v2 tho. now my account is considered a child account even tho im 18 and got a bigger dinger than most A dolts. its really dumb cuz i cant even set a custom gamer pic so im just trying to get rid of these restrictions.
    i aint tryna fax over my debit card to microsoft thats just ridiculous so just take my word for it bill gates and fix my sh*t.

LJ MarZ, Jan 5, 2014
  4. How to upgrade individual account to family?

VOSSBoys2003,

Unfortunately the Family Plan has been discontinued. I've included a link for the

Family Plan Conversion FAQ explaining the transition. At this time, there is no plan's for families on the Xbox 360 console. With the Xbox One console, a new plan was introduced called Home Gold where only 1 account needs to have gold for the entire family
    to enjoy the gold benefits. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

eG x Thee Elf, Jan 5, 2014
  5. eG x Thee Elf Win User

VOSSBoys2003,

Unfortunately the Family Plan has been discontinued. I've included a link for the

Family Plan Conversion FAQ explaining the transition. At this time, there is no plan's for families on the Xbox 360 console. With the Xbox One console, a new plan was introduced called Home Gold where only 1 account needs to have gold for the entire family
    to enjoy the gold benefits. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
  6. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Can't add family member to my account

Did you upgraded your account to a Gold Subscription or bought a Family Gold Pack? You shouldn't have been able to purchase a family gold pack as it has been discontinued and accounts are being converted to individual gold accounts making way for Xbox One's
    Home Gold plan. If you already had a Family Gold Account and your accounts haven't been split into individual gold accounts you can review this

Add/Remove FAQ for the Family Pack. As an individual Gold subscription you cannot add members. You can review this

FAQ for more information about the conversion to the Xbox One Home Gold plan.
  7. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Question about a second account.

I know on some games, such as minecraft, that you can split screen with two accounts. My son and I can do this and we do not have a family account, just two individual accounts. I am also sure you can upgrade your individual account to a family account.
    I was able to find this for you as well:

Xbox.com steps: Convert your membership on Xbox.com

1. Go to My Account.
    2. Under Membership & Content, click Upgrade/Manage Account.

Note If you are not signed in, you will be prompted for your Microsoft account (formerly "Windows Live ID"). Type the Microsoft account information for the Xbox LIVE account that you want to be the primary account holder for your Gold Family
      membership (an adult account).
    3. Select Gold Family (where available), and then click Next.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to convert your membership to a Gold Family Pack membership.
  8. HassanB Win User

Individual Gold Accounts to Family Account.

The only thing that changes when you get a Gold Family Pack is that you plus three other family members can get One full year of XBOX Live service for $99 (4 x 1 XBOX Live Year) - which is an awesome deal if you're a family. You would get to be the primary
    and the rest of the family members can get added as secondaries or you can make another parent account, that choice is yours. You get to track your families gaming time (how much time they spend playing games, what games they play etc) as well as the ability
    for the parent (you) to be able to distribute Microsoft points to the other family members accounts (which is an awesome feature :D). That link that SONIC SCREAM 07 posted will basically detail more of what I just said and much much more, definitely worth
    it if you've got a large family that all plays XBOX's. If you decide to get more XBOX's they can recover their gamertag to those other consoles and still have the year of XBOX Live active since they are still under your family account (which is also one
    of the other great features of the package)
  9. SONIC SCREAM 07 Win User

Individual Gold Accounts to Family Account.

All of the information about the Family Pack can be found

here

But to answer your question, yes you can keep your existing gamertags and everything associated with them.
Thema:

1. How to upgrade individual account to family? - Similar Threads - upgrade individual account

2. Is it possible to upgrade my hard drive on my xbox one x to ssd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to upgrade my hard drive on my xbox one x to ssd: I have an Xbox One X which has a hard drive that has failed. I was wondering if I could upgrade it to an ssd as I tried going to repair shops and they are charging more than $200....
  3. Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance: Hi. I bought a series x and upgraded to gig internet speed. My speeds became slower than before I upgraded. I had my ISP come out over ten times and they found no problems on their end. I have...
  4. why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my code for upgrade from game pass core to ultimate NOT WORKING: I redeemed reward points so I could change from game pass core to game pass ultimate has NOT WORKED on xbox showing in my order history states its done but it has NOT when I go onto my xbox one...
  5. How do I upgrade my Xbox from a IPv4 to the recommend IPv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I upgrade my Xbox from a IPv4 to the recommend IPv6?: How do I upgrade my Xbox from the IPv4 to the recommend IPv6? 1519e489-a9a8-4f83-9b61-3b0e14068cbc
  6. Why doesn't xbox give us these new features upgrades?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesn't xbox give us these new features upgrades?: This is a message directly for xbox, why doesn't xbox release an update for us that can allow us to stream straight to YouTube and add the chat on our hud wether streaming to twitch or YouTube. We...
  7. Upgraded to Faster Powerline Adapter, Now Experiencing Random Lag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgraded to Faster Powerline Adapter, Now Experiencing Random Lag: I recently upgraded my powerline adapter, significantly boosting my internet speed from 20-40 Mbps to 100 Mbps (my connection is still a 100mbps fiber line). However, I've noticed a new issue - my...
  8. Are These Fake or Genuine Xbox Series & Xbox One Controllers? And are They a Worthy Upgrades?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are These Fake or Genuine Xbox Series & Xbox One Controllers? And are They a Worthy Upgrades?: Hello Xbox friends, I'm about to buy a used Xbox controller but are these original Xbox Series Controllers to use on a PC (mostly to finish Shenmue 1, 2 & 3, the father of open world games and...
  9. Vault edition upgrade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Vault edition upgrade: I have warzone and bought the vault upgrade thinking it would also give me mw3 but i dont have it. Do i need to but the actual mw3 to use the vault edition upgrade?...
  10. Monitor upgrade for series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor upgrade for series x: So I want to upgrade from playing on my TV to a monitor I was told xbox series x supports 120hz at 4k so which monitor should I buy to make sure I get the right one...