How to update Xbox live parental/community settings

Discus and support How to update Xbox live parental/community settings in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I am currently writing this at 12.51AM, frustrated at having tried every single piece of advice from every relatively helpful thread, Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by P.D_227, Jan 23, 2022.

1. P.D_227
    P.D_227 Guest

Hello.

I am currently writing this at 12.51AM, frustrated at having tried every single piece of advice from every relatively helpful thread, Microsoft or otherwise. When I got forza horizon 5 on windows, I was forced into making and Xbox account, so I regrettably signed in with my Microsoft account. Apparently, the age of my Microsoft account automatically dictates every safety option in the Xbox community settings. I am greeted with the same prompt every time saying that I can’t change my account settings, or even view them, as I am in a Microsoft family. I never opted in for it nor was I ever added to one by a organiser. I am stuck in one and unable to leave to update my Xbox settings. I have tried adding the same email as an organiser but it still does not let me change anything, I have tried using an alternative Microsoft account with an alternative email, and after kicking my main Microsoft account out, was left with the organiser in the family. Yet when I go back to Microsoft family I am in another one by myself again with no organiser and evidently cannot change anything. I’m just very sad with Microsoft and Xbox’s bs How to update Xbox live parental/community settings :(.

Any help appreciated

:)

P.D_227, Jan 23, 2022
  2. XBF John Win User

Hello,

Are you under the age of 18? I would recommend going into your Microsoft and putting the correct birthday if you are not. You can check the link below about changing birthdays.

How to change a birth date on a Microsoft account

If that doesn't work because you made a child account, I would try to add it back to an Xbox Family group with an organizer you can control. after that is done you should be able to use the organizer account to change the age of the Microsoft account.

Thanks,

3. Smwutches Win User

help!new parent to live

4. onyxishere Win User

parental controls

5. TheStMichel Win User

xbox live pain

Hi there pdj!

Sorry to hear about your issues you're having with parental settings.

If you'd like a more thorough support on how to change certain settings to your liking. I'd suggest using the Parental Controls for Xbox 360
    on the Xbox page.

Update me on your status when you're done! :)
  6. Mister Cerb Win User

my family

Thema:

1. How to update Xbox live parental/community settings - Similar Threads - update live parental

2. New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    New update cause what’s happing to take up my whole screen.: When you go to the friends tab now, you’re greeted with a screen that says what’s happening and takes up your entire screen. It’s not optional and you’re forced into it. Whoever Xbox decided this...
  3. My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox updated yesterday and now when I play Horizon 5 the narrator won't shut up. I have...: I have tried every option available to me. Even the part where I get access as to whether or not you want the narrator. Please help me silence this annoyance. This started after the xbox last...
  4. PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]

in XboX Insiders
    PC Update Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.25.0]: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  5. Offline Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline Update: I have tried every possible way to get the offline update for Xbox Series S on my PC and I keep getting a white screen with the xbox logo going around and around never loading....
  6. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  7. error code 416B-4497-1780-2446-C810-1004 while updating xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 416B-4497-1780-2446-C810-1004 while updating xbox live: Yes ive got error code 416B-4497-1780-2446-C810-1004 while updating my xbox 360 to xbox live it was kinda strange but is there any way to fix it? 11b89d65-d497-46f9-90fc-9077ddf16a4c
  8. Xbox won't sign in to live, did restore per microsoft, now wont update after the reset and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't sign in to live, did restore per microsoft, now wont update after the reset and...: Xbox was fine. Play daily. Haven’t played for a few days, turned on, couldn’t access gamepass games, told me to log in as payed user. I was. Restarted, removed and re added wifi, still no good....
  9. Update and Xbox Live; A Snake Eating It’s Own Tail

in XBoX on Windows
    Update and Xbox Live; A Snake Eating It’s Own Tail: Guys!!! I’m having so much trouble! I try to login to Xbox Live but I can’t do that until I update my system. Well I can’t update my system because my console won’t connect to Xbox Live. It will...
  10. I bought a xbox live gold supscription, but it is not updated on my xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a xbox live gold supscription, but it is not updated on my xbox: I bought a Xbox Live Gold subscription for my son on his gamertag, but it is not updated on his Xbox, although I have confirmation that the purchase went through....