How to unmap xbox360 controller in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to unmap xbox360 controller in Windows 10? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I connected my Xbox 260 controller to my laptop so i can use it in a game. I wanted to map the buttons using software called reWASD. I found that the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Joey_Microsoft, May 19, 2019.

1. How to unmap xbox360 controller in Windows 10?

I connected my Xbox 260 controller to my laptop so i can use it in a game. I wanted to map the buttons using software called reWASD. I found that the software worked perfectly. I also found that there were buttons mapped of which i couldn't find the settings
    to. I tried everything including purchasing the full version of the software and removing it from my computer completely only to find the buttons were still mapped. I could use the Xbox controller in web browsers and other things within Windows, and the downside
    is that i can not turn it off. I've tried deleting several Xbox services and registry items, even deleting the joy.cpl file among others. i can not break this function so that i can use the controller the way i need. Does anyone have any advice on how to remove
    it or which update it came with so i can revert my pc. Thanks

:)

Joey_Microsoft, May 19, 2019
  2. Joey_Microsoft Win User

Problem solved!

I returned the xbox one controller and stopped using the xbox 360 controller.

Purchasing a PlayStation 4 controller fixed the issue.

When I plugged it in it was NOT automatically mapped and I can now set up my own profile for the buttons. I no longer suffer from double keystrokes from the windows profile and my own profile when I hit a button. Good grief

PS: I am using reWASD, great software. Go check them out, and their support staff was great too
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Quote from a previous support thread:

"Currently, the only way for you to turn off the Xbox 360 Wireless controller is when you're playing a game with "Games for Windows Live" enabled. From there, you can turn it off by pressing the Guide button
    on your controller. You can also use the suggested solution by Pety on this
    link where he uses an application that could help you to turn
    off your Xbox 360 controller.

You can also share this concern to the Windows team as your feedback by using our
    Feedback Hub on Windows 10. In this way, they can consider to add it as a new feature in Windows 10"
  4. Joey_Microsoft Win User

M3tal Daz3, i really appreciate your response. But turning off the controller is not my issue and i understand that there is no support or options
    from Microsoft Xbox or Windows to resolve my issue. I do hope that in the future this will be fixed.

Currently my controller when plugged into my pc will install the drivers and automatically map the buttons.

The controller can be used in games that normally dont support external controllers but i also found that it will work for minor functions in the Edge web browser.

Im having trouble with the way these buttons were automatically mapped because there is no way to un-map or customize the buttons to keystrokes. I've only come across Xbox Accessories software to swap the buttons around.

This is a problem because i can just use 3rd party software to map the controller the way i want, but the defaulted mapped profile that was automatically set up will interfere with the custom map profile i set up. This makes all mapping software completely
    unusable because of the default mapped buttons

There are no xbox controllers i can use and no 3rd party software i can use where normally i could.

I am specifically asking for anyones experience with a workaround for this issue. My only option right now might be to roll back my updates to before the xbox controller support. Where or how far that might be, i have no idea?

If anyone has any suggestion other than that, i would greatly appreciate it. This is a hackathon, i am not looking for ethical or straight forward settings because i know there are none.

PS: Thank you for the Feedback Hub link, i think that might be my only option in this forum and the only real response to this issue.
  5. Joey_Microsoft Win User

I went out and got the original 1st party xbox one controller and it does the same thing. There is no way to disable the feature or remap the buttons to keystrokes
  6. Joey_Microsoft Win User

[​IMG]

ArminatorX

• Ambassador

...PS try to go to Microsoft Edge and move around the left joystick. Mine will start selecting a bunch of buttons as if i were pressing Tab

Also, go to Start and search joy.cpl and you will find the settings to calibrate the xbox controller
    I'll try that when I return home again. I don't use the "original" Edge, so maybe that's why my controller didn't seem to interfere with anything. It just brings up the Game Bar when I press the Xbox button.

But I'm afraid from here on, I'm currently out of ideas. You might also want to try to post in the dedicatedWindows 10 Answer Forums. Maybe there is someone more knowledgeable about Joystick
    controlling Windows unintentionally.

Since you have a third party Aftershock controller, I guess it's also not really a Xbox issue. I'll cross my fingers that the Windows Forum can help you better, than a horde of XP hungry "Ambassadors" ;-)

As for the Joy.cpl thing: That's the standard Joystick control panel, that you also can reach by opening the Control Panel, and searching for "Game", which will bring up the Game Controller control panel (which you can start by typing joy.cpl, as well as
    getting to the network devices by typing ncpa.cpl and so on).

So joy.cpl is not really something that interferes with your issue, I'd guess, as it's a standard control panel to calibrate an analogue stick and to test various buttons and axis on your connected controller.

FALSE! THIS DID NOT WORK

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...53-d5815c3ccc3f?page=2&rtAction=1557992925646
Thema:

1. How to unmap xbox360 controller in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - unmap xbox360 controller

2. I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com: It was connect before but I don't know what happened c50efddc-45f4-4b4d-b321-a9e9c46e688a
  3. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?: Hi there I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to peer connections and not just server...
  4. my Xbox360 download speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox360 download speed: my Xbox360 has a download speed of 0.01 MBPS but all other devices beside the Xbox have a download speed of 113 MBPS. The Xbox and router are in a straight line of sight and about 10feet apart....
  5. My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...: I want to be able to play old Kinect games like Dance Central 1-3 and Kinect sports with my siblings to have fun again. Until I was met with my Xbox360 saying that a system update is required, but...
  6. Cloud on Xbox360 not Working with all requirements completed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud on Xbox360 not Working with all requirements completed: So i was trying to get my old save files from my xbox 360 on the cloud to play them on my Xbox One since some of the games are retro compatible but even by having all the requirements and seeing...
  7. How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?: I got an Xbox 360 I've had for a while with a Minecraft world I do not want to restart, I just got it hooked up to the Internet finally and logged into my Microsoft account, I don't want to lose...
  8. XBOX360 offline profile with current Live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX360 offline profile with current Live account: I have an old, offline only profile on my xbox360. When I try to sign into Live on this profile with my current Live account, I continually a message that "This Microsoft account is associated...
  9. Xbox accessories application unmap button functionality.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox accessories application unmap button functionality.: I read a thread that said further inquiries into the ability to save a profile with buttons "unmapped" needed to be posted in a new thread, so here I am. I have successfully configured my Xbox...
  10. Unmap or disable a button, xbox controller, on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unmap or disable a button, xbox controller, on pc: I want to unmap the right joystick click. It looks like you used to be able to do this, but that option is not there for me in the xbox accessories app. Is there an old version I could get that...