How to unlink a old email address on EA account on Xbox Series X

Discus and support How to unlink a old email address on EA account on Xbox Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an old email address that I used for my EA game account from years ago. I no longer have access to that email address and it seems that someone... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jordan Antonyshen, Dec 8, 2022.

1. How to unlink a old email address on EA account on Xbox Series X

I have an old email address that I used for my EA game account from years ago. I no longer have access to that email address and it seems that someone else has control over it and has provided a backup email address that I have no connection with. I want to unlink my EA account with this email address and use my current address instead but EA just keeps saying that since it's been so long since I signed in, I need to reset my password and that they will send a link to reset this to the email address on file... which I can't access.... So I try to reset it and perform an account recovery, etc., to no avail (because any information that I used in registering my account back in the day is no longer being accepted and being tagged as wrong answers). I tried doing the account recovery through Microsoft (or so I thought) as well as chatting with an EA agent. The EA asks certain questions that apparently I am answering wrong, but will not tell me which questions I answered incorrectly. I'm at a loss?! All I want to do is unlink an old high school email address from my EA gaming account on my Xbox.

:)

Jordan Antonyshen, Dec 8, 2022
  2. Xerephes32 Win User

Let me know if you find any success in any way. I've been trying for over 15 years to get EA release my account. They literally just run me around in circles until I just get a generic "we can't do that unless you have access".
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Unable to request a call foe account support.

Well, according to EA's own FAQs, it may be possible to restore a deleted account:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/close-ea-account/

Scroll to near the bottom and there is a "Restoring deleted accounts" section.

Beyond that, this thread may or may not be useful...it seems to be more aimed at restoring an account without access to the email but it still may be useful:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Unlinking-Dormant-deleted-Account-from-Xbox-without-old-email/

Either way, unfortunately, the only way to unlink it is from EA's end of things.
  4. AZZGALL123 Win User

Unlink Microsoft account from Minecraft.

Any update on how to unlink a Microsoft account from Minecraft? Logged into it on an old email on my PS5 and it's linked to a friend's Xbox account from about 15 years ago. Now I can't log in with a different eAny update on how to unlink a Microsoft account from Minecraft? Logged into it on an old email on my PS5 and it's linked to a friend's Xbox account from about 15 years ago. Now I can't log in with a different email at all. It's ridiculous
    Any update on how to unlink a Microsoft account
  5. WaterninjaX Win User

EA Desktop auto-created account

It turns out it wasn't an auto-created account, it was just a really old account that I haven't used in years. I actually found out that you can sign in with your Xbox account, I think directly on ea.com, I don't exactly remember though. There you can unlink your xbox account from the old EA account, and the next time you launch EA Desktop on Xbox, you sign in with your current EA account and it will ask you to link it. Sadly I can't change the account ID or anything because there's an old email on there that I can't access. Just try to look around for a "Sign in with Xbox" thing on an EA page somewhere, then you can unlink it without issues.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Unlinking old EA account from Xbox

only EA can unlink an account, it has absolutely nothing to do with microsoft. your email is linked on ea servers. only ea support can unlink.
Thema:

1. How to unlink a old email address on EA account on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - unlink old email

2. How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?: I need to link my Microsoft account to the playstation account for Minecraft and sea of thieves when it comes out but I'm having trouble doing so. ee52402d-f476-4307-905e-63091ebd38e3
  3. I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...: I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it from my old one and link it to my new one aeda31a0-b74a-4037-8ead-8cc7d3b55545
  4. So I installed fortnite on my xbox and it's linked to a old acc but idk how to unlink it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I installed fortnite on my xbox and it's linked to a old acc but idk how to unlink it...: So I installed fortnite on my xbox and it's linked to a old acc but idk how to unlink it idk what email it's on. Is there a way to like unlink it then put my email and link my new acc...
  5. How do I unlink my Microsoft account from an old ps4 account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I unlink my Microsoft account from an old ps4 account: I was trying to link my Microsoft account onto my new ps4 but it's still connected to my old account 2482794d-7476-487b-af92-c719d92710bb
  6. How i can unlink and old Ea account of my xbox main account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How i can unlink and old Ea account of my xbox main account: I tried to play games from EA access but I have an unknown ea account I suppose that I created the account many years ago but i don't recognize the mail but I have a weird name and I want to link...
  7. How do I unlink a very old deactivated EA account from my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I unlink a very old deactivated EA account from my xbox account?: I am trying to link my Xbox account to my current EA account so I can use ea play through game pass. However everytime I try to link it via EA it says my account is already linked to an email that...
  8. Can I unlink my deleted old Microsoft account on playstation 5 and login with new one on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I unlink my deleted old Microsoft account on playstation 5 and login with new one on...: Hello My Microsoft account had been deleted because I got hacked and i try to create a new one and use the new account to play minecraft on my PlayStation 5 and When i try to login with my new...
  9. Can't Unlink Activison Account with Xbox - Displaying An Old Email Address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Unlink Activison Account with Xbox - Displaying An Old Email Address: Hello, I can't unlink my Xbox Account from my Activison account because it has an old email address that is being used by the Xbox account (somewhere). I've gone through all of my Microsoft and...
  10. I can't sign into my old Microsoft account to log out and unlink so I can link to a new...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't sign into my old Microsoft account to log out and unlink so I can link to a new...: I've been trying to log into an old Microsoft account, i can't remember what email or password I used, so I can unlink it and use a new Microsoft account. Whenever I try to sign into the new...