How to undo save sync FH5 on PC

Discus and support How to undo save sync FH5 on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have been playing a good long while on FH5 and after making some upgrades to my PC I decided to download FH5 on it an play. I had already... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by dghjunior, Jul 10, 2022.

1. dghjunior
    dghjunior Guest

Hello,

I have been playing a good long while on FH5 and after making some upgrades to my PC I decided to download FH5 on it an play. I had already played FH5 on this device before previously uninstalling it. So, as I opened it I was prompted to pick a save to sync with and I chose the local file because it said it was newer. I see now that I should have selected cloud save because that was my actual progress. Please help me revert to cloud save from before. Thank you

Worth noting: This is for an xbox account under a different email than this one. Xbox account was setup a long time ago with a different email account. I am using my current personal microsoft account for this post

:)

dghjunior, Jul 10, 2022
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

well, the save is gone, picking the local will resync to the cloud and overwrite your original save, there is no restore function, there is nothing that can be done.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I'm sorry but once a save file has been overwritten there will be no option for us to revert the changes. Worth a try is to quit the game and then check if the same options will show up.

If not, you may need to check this link from Forza support themselves to submit a lost saved data ticket: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/ar...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 progress lost

There's one thing i can think of to try get your data back,

You'll need to install the Xbox App and then install Forza Horizon 5 from Gamepass Xbox App on to your PC/Laptop as all your save data is now stored somewhere on your PC/Laptop local storage,

Once done,

Launch Forza Horizon 5 from the Xbox App, not from Cloud Gaming and don't let the data sync as you'll have two different data saves, one is now local on your PC ( your main save data ), the other from the Cloud ( your new fresh start data ), you don't want to overwrite the save data that you accidentally saved to your PC's local storage,

The game needs to load the save data from your local storage on PC to get your save data back,

Once you've loaded FH5 from the Xbox App and you are in game,

You should be able to see everything back after you've done this, then let the game save and you can exit, and then try launch FH5 from Cloud Gaming, let the data sync/ sync to the cloud and you should have everything back, hopefully.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Can I play Forza Horizon 5 on 2 diffrent devices with 2 different saves but with only one purchase?

The only way to do that would be if one of your devices is permanently disconnected for the internet or you remember to disable the cloud save sync every time you start. FH5, as with other games, keeps your game save in the Cloud so it syncs if you sign-in with the same gamertag...you can cancel the sync at start-up which then reverts back to your local save on the device in question.
  6. Kevin Robinson1 Win User

Forza horizon 5 syncs and I can play on cloud play but when I install the game it syncs then crashes on loading screen Xbox series x

Installed fh5 again it syncs starts loading then still crashes the save can't be corrupt because it works on cloud play Xbox series x don't know what to do
Thema:

1. How to undo save sync FH5 on PC - Similar Threads - undo save sync

2. Is there a way to undo an update for the Xbox Game Bar?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a way to undo an update for the Xbox Game Bar?: For a couple of months now, I've had an issue with the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11. It has stopped sending me notifications for party invites and game invites. It has blank notifications whenever...
  3. How do I undo a refund after it went through?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I undo a refund after it went through?: I refunded ark ascended but now I want to buy it back but there is no option how do get the game back? 6ffc9c04-dfc6-473b-8557-a78448f1e53a
  4. Can I undo the UI update that pushed out 7/26/2023?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I undo the UI update that pushed out 7/26/2023?: Hi! The UI update is awful and now I can't find anything as easily. It was literally fine before, but now Microsoft has "fixed" what wasn't broken - which has resulted in breaking it. Now it's...
  5. Is there any way i can undo the com suspension now.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way i can undo the com suspension now.: I have never been com banned, cheated or anything, but i jokingly sent my friend a message and now im com banned. Is there any way i can undo the suspension now. 1410db05-d360-4376-824b-cbb2e760157a
  6. Can I undo the new home page update, it's terrible half the bits I used are missing can I...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I undo the new home page update, it's terrible half the bits I used are missing can I...: Why everytime the home page gets update it ends up being worse, less user friendly, how about make it an option instead of compulsory non optional update that is forced into you. It's really bad...
  7. How do I undo 'clear local saved games'

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I undo 'clear local saved games': I tried everything but all my progress on my Xbox has deleted 6c556230-7531-43b7-b062-cbd754d77b85
  8. How do I undo a refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I undo a refund: I want the pack I bought instead of the refund how do I undo the refund I refunded it last night if not possible around when should I get the refund? 050fd04a-aa27-4f50-b677-9ea1a2be3cc7
  9. Undo DVI Mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Undo DVI Mode: I accidentally put my series s into dvi mode and now cannot switch it back due to the blank screen. How do I undo this setting? I have a digital console. 748a2469-b582-4225-9e99-4094c220281d
  10. Undo my suspension

in XBoX on Windows
    Undo my suspension: I was suspended on my Xbox account yesterday. Given that I know I haven’t done anything outside the wrong but still got this suspension I would like to know if there is a way to lift this. My Xbox...