How to turn off Parental Controls?

Discus and support How to turn off Parental Controls? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently bought pc gamepass for my pc and I tried to play among us online but it said that there was parental controls and it wouldn't let me play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Daniel Villegas1, Oct 14, 2022.

1. How to turn off Parental Controls?

I recently bought pc gamepass for my pc and I tried to play among us online but it said that there was parental controls and it wouldn't let me play online. How do I turn off parental controls on my Xbox account?

:)

Daniel Villegas1, Oct 14, 2022
  2. Mcmax3000 Win User

Changing my age ?

You cannot change the age but you can turn off Parental Controls. See:
    support.xbox.com/.../parental-control
    for the steps (that document tells you how to turn them on but it is the same steps for turning them off... You can see the Off option in the image).
  3. X Ser1al X Win User

Changing Account Type

4. Ronnieee Win User

Just a heads up, if your account is part of a family group, only the parent account can change the settings on the account.
  5. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, your fellow Xbox gamer.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your settings.

Please access them here:

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings?rtc=1&a...

And add the child account from here.

Once the invite has been accepted by the child account, go back to the parent account.

Please check if all your Privacy & Online safety settings are set to Allow/Everybody.

You can also toggle on the settings to be sure (Set to friends then back to Everybody) and submit changes.

Sometimes it takes some time for the changes to apply.

Please wait about 10 minutes and you should be all set.

Please also remove and redownload your profile from the device.

I hope this helps!
  6. PositiveTomato Win User

access to on-line status

Have you got a family account setup at all, or parental controls?

That may be the issue.

Try asking your parent/guardian to turn off their parental controls, and reply if it does not help.

If your parent/guardian does not know how to turn parental controls off, tell them to promote the Xbox Live account to an adult one, instead of a child one. You may have a child account, instead of a full adult account.
Thema:

1. How to turn off Parental Controls? - Similar Threads - turn off Parental

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  5. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0
  6. The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.: The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can‘t change it. a5a69b26-18a5-439e-8796-96764490afc1
  7. How do I turn off parental controls on an Xbox One that was purchased from someone that had...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I turn off parental controls on an Xbox One that was purchased from someone that had...: I don't have access to the account that is the "parent" account the Xbox was purchased via another owner and they had that set up. 64aa13af-de67-4902-9ef4-0c92b947b6a5
  8. How to turn off Xbox Live parental Control for forza4

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to turn off Xbox Live parental Control for forza4: Lock Privilege Can't go on internet(online) 8700c063-0ecd-4374-a38d-394718687291
  9. How do I turn off parental controls without a parent because the parent account is lost and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I turn off parental controls without a parent because the parent account is lost and...: Parental controls How to turn parental controls off without a parent account 29011a58-a95e-48c3-8056-6bb80a436afe
  10. Turn off parental control on old account without “parent”

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turn off parental control on old account without “parent”: Basically my stepdad put parental controls on my old Xbox account and I’m 19 years old. I had ofc used an alt account as my main for the past 5 years but I have a lot of progress on a few good...