How to turn off game mode on Xbox one without computer

Discus and support How to turn off game mode on Xbox one without computer in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I turned game mode on through my Xbox but don't know how to turn it off through the Xbox e30b0234-1d88-43ff-b783-4d21d361641d Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ray vanark, May 17, 2023.

1. Ray vanark
    Ray vanark Guest

I turned game mode on through my Xbox but don't know how to turn it off through the Xbox

:)

Ray vanark, May 17, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Ray, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor ready to assist with this

What TV do you have?
    Is this "game mode" message appearing when you open a game on your Xbox one?
    Or where you found this "game mode" in your Xbox settings?

I appreciate if you give me more details about your situation
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Stop my Xbox from downloading games and update automatically

So what you would need to do to stop the automatic downloads to your console is switch your power mode to energy saving here is a support article telling you how to do that.

This will make your console start up take a little longer but it will prevent your game updates from downloading while the console is off.

Think of it this way when:

In instant on mode its like putting a computer to sleep when you turn it back on it just starts up from where you were previously.

In energy saving mode it is like turning your computer completely off and has to go through a full reboot everytime you start it up.

Here is that link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/learn-about-power-modes
  4. DoWNwRD SPyRaL Win User

XBOX ONE WONT PROPERLY TURN OFF.

Have you changed the power mode of you xbox so that when you turn it off it is actually turning off, and not going into "instant on" mode?

If it's set to "instant on" mode you can alternatively just hold the power button down on the front of the console for 5 seconds to completely shut down your xbox.

Here is a guide to the power settings, the different modes and how to change them ;)
  5. Pyhruss Win User

Xbox one controller not connecting to Xbox Wireless Adapter for win10

I had the exact same problem with my XBOX ONE controller. It wouldn't pair for the life of me, but in another computer it worked. Finally realized in the taskbar of the computer that didn't work Airplane Mode was enabled. I turned off airplane mode and
    now my XBOX ONE controller will pair again. I hope this helps someone else like me that had no answer for why the controller didn't work for the longest time. Such a simple thing ;)
  6. D1 DRiiFT JoKeR Win User

Xbox can connect to the internet but not xbox live

how about you turn your xbox and your computer off and modern off and see if that will work
Thema:

1. How to turn off game mode on Xbox one without computer - Similar Threads - turn off game

2. The music turns off when the game is running

in XBoX on Consoles
    The music turns off when the game is running: The music turns off when the game is running I don't think anyone would love listening to music or YouTube videos while playing a game, but recently when I opened the game, the sound...
  3. Series X turning off when starting certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X turning off when starting certain games: My Xbox Series X completely shuts down when I try to start certain games. I can watch hours of streaming video with no issues. I can play Hours of Mass Effect 3 with no issues. But when I try to...
  4. My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.: When I go to open Game bar with a game running and go to record what happened its always grayed out saying its "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or File explorer". When I...
  5. Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games: Playing games like Hell let loose, Forza Motorsport, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can rule out overheating. It is well ventilated and a new console. Did a hard reset and any other recommendations....
  6. i have a blank screen on defender i downloaded ocean of games gta and turn off defender...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have a blank screen on defender i downloaded ocean of games gta and turn off defender...: help plsss *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other* 0e68efce-9caf-4d52-a787-430259d2d384
  7. Are games being turned off for Xbox one? As I can’t play the disc once the game is removed...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are games being turned off for Xbox one? As I can’t play the disc once the game is removed...: Once games are removed from the Xbox store I can’t play them even with the disc it’s not recognised. I can no longer play forza 7 or gta 5? 94ed04c4-94af-4627-860a-5b58d444190b
  8. My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...: My Xbox continuesly shuts off while playing any game but when I put a movie in it’s fine and plays it checked the power and it’s fine and fan works properly any help is appreciated thanks I’m...
  9. How do I turn off display mobile buttons on xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I turn off display mobile buttons on xbox cloud gaming?: Hey when ever I play Fortnite for new chapter 5 update it always shows mobile touch buttons and I play with controller so why does it keep doing this I also don't own Xbox console and I only play...
  10. How do I turn off display mobile buttons on xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I turn off display mobile buttons on xbox cloud gaming?: Hey when ever I play Fortnite for new chapter 5 update it always shows mobile touch buttons and I play with controller so why does it keep doing this I also don’t own Xbox console and I only play...