How to turn off automatic updates in the Xbox Game Pass for PC app?

Discus and support How to turn off automatic updates in the Xbox Game Pass for PC app? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As the title says, how do I turn off automatic updates in the Xbox Game Pass app for PC? As you can see in the next picture, Automatic Updates have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by D34dP1x3l, Feb 22, 2023.

1. D34dP1x3l
    D34dP1x3l Guest

As the title says, how do I turn off automatic updates in the Xbox Game Pass app for PC?
    As you can see in the next picture, Automatic Updates have been switched off, yet as happens frequently when I turn my computer on, the app has started downloading updates to games without asking. These are games I don't play often and therefore don't need to waste my bandwidth updating once a week.

How to turn off automatic updates in the Xbox Game Pass for PC app? [​IMG]

I also have to same option set to off in the Microsoft Store.

How to turn off automatic updates in the Xbox Game Pass for PC app? [​IMG]

This is an issue that has been plaguing my for months now and I'm so sick of trying to figure out either way other apps and programs are having to buffer things like video and audio, and also why if I occasionally need to switch to mobile data, why I have none left!

Please help me understand how to fix this fairly basic issue.

:)

D34dP1x3l, Feb 22, 2023
  2. Frathos Win User

Xbox 1x taking too long to power down since recent dashboard update

Do you have Automatically update my games and apps turned on? Maybe that is making the shutdown take longer as the console attempts to update any games or apps that have updates pending before turning off.
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

How to turn off automatic update?

Good day,

So this page has some details on the different power settings: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/learn-about-power-modes

In energy-saving mode, it will not download and install the updates automatically. I believe that is what you are looking for, but there are some drawbacks outlined on that support page.

This page has some more details on system updates and when they might be mandatory: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-update-overview

Let us know if you have any other questions!
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Auto update question

If you check Settings > System > Updates, you should see options (in checkboxes) to enable automatic updating.

From what I can tell by these options, only system updates are applied after the console is turned off, even when in energy-saving mode. Game/App updates can be automatically downloaded in the background, but only while the console is turned on.

Some people say that games and apps are automatically updated while the console is turned off in "Instant-On" mode, but I can't find any exact confirmation on this now.
  5. XBF - Dom Win User

PC Xbox App updates games even when automatic updates are turned off

Hello SpaghettiPolicy,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

First, I suggest checking for updates for your machine as this may alleviate the issues you are having all together.

For the first issue about the automatic updates, can you verify that the Xbox app and the gaming services are updated to the latest versions? You can find that by following these steps:

Open the Xbox App
    Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page
    Select "Settings"
    Select "About" on the left panel

The first set of numbers under "Version" will display the current version of your Xbox App.

Current versions:

Xbox App: 2112.1001.10.0
    Gaming Services: 3.60.12001.0

While in the settings of the Xbox app, I also suggest selecting the "Automatically launch app at startup" check box so the Xbox App doesn't launch and start performing operations before you launch it.

Can you also verify whether or not you're an Xbox Insider using a different version of the Xbox app?

For the "card is about to expire" issue, we are currently investigating and will update as any troubleshooting steps or information is provided.
  6. KenwayCreed Win User

Xbox (PC Game Pass) app auto updates games, even with the Automatic Updates option turned off.

Edition Windows 11 Home

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎11/‎29/‎2021

OS build 22000.527

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.527.0
Thema:

1. How to turn off automatic updates in the Xbox Game Pass for PC app? - Similar Threads - turn off automatic

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one unable to turn my roku tv off: So ive recently switched tvs and i usually have my xbox turn the tv on and off because it saves me time and focus and the roku tv does not respond to the inputs, so i was wondering if its possible...
  5. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0
  6. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  7. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  8. my xbox keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox keeps turning off: my xbox series s just ahd an update and switched off now every time I go to switch on the console it just turns off automatically is there anything I should do e6232de2-3e72-4c6b-adab-1c16dca694fe
  9. Xbox turn off automatic when i turn on my xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turn off automatic when i turn on my xbox: Hi, Some time my xbox will turn off automatic when i turn on my xbox, But i try to turn on my xbox again all thing will be normal. Is this power supply issue? i got try to send warranty but i...
  10. I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my console set to never turn off, but suddenly it's started automatically going to...: I am a part of the xbox insider update program, so, is this something new being tested? If so, why would they force us to "save energy"?? Whatever the case, can someone help me make it so my...