How to transfer Xbox One games to Xbox Series S and prove you own them

Discus and support How to transfer Xbox One games to Xbox Series S and prove you own them in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can’t play Minecraft Bedrock addition without it saying I need gamepass on my Xbox series S. When I own that game on my Xbox One. I bought it in the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gavin Reents, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Gavin Reents
    Gavin Reents Guest

I can’t play Minecraft Bedrock addition without it saying I need gamepass on my Xbox series S. When I own that game on my Xbox One. I bought it in the digital store and everything. And it says I don’t own it on my Xbox Series S when it says I do own it on my Xbox one. I’m using the same account and everything. I used an external storage drive to transfer it to my series S from the One. I’m also having the same issue with the games Jurassic World Evolution 2 and Battlefront 2. Those might be different because they were disk games that I imported into the external drive. But I paid $60 for both of them and I think it would make sense that I can play them on a new Xbox. Even without the disk drive. How do I make it so I can play these games that I’ve paid for without having to rebuy them or pay for gamepass?

:)

Gavin Reents, Jun 9, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

For Minecraft, double check your transactions at http://account.microsoft.com to see if it shows the purchase on your account. Typically that's a sign that the game was purchased on a different account.

As far as the disc based games, there is no way to play those on a Series S without purchasing them digitally.
  3. Yaniikku Win User

Cod Xbox one to series s

Hi, JoeMcShane1!

You cannot transfer purchased game discs to the Xbox Series S. If you own an Xbox Series S and want to play games that you own on disc, you'll need to purchase them again from the Microsoft Store. If you plan on playing disc games, you may want to get the Xbox Series X instead of the Xbox Series S, as it has a drive.

-
  4. ngocphi Win User

Do I need to use network transferring to put a game I own on a different console

Depends .

If it is a disk game and you are trying to transfer to an xbox one s digital or the xbox series s then no you are waisting your time

Those are digital only consoles and disks installs require the bluesy or dvd to validate the install

Digitally purchased game's can be transfered to save time yes

If it's to an xbox one x or regular xbox one s or xbox series x disk and digital will work with them
  5. Smwutches Win User

Transfer disc games from xbox one x to xbox series s-- Please HELP!

Short answer, you can't.

The disc is used to prove you own the games so they have to be in the disc drive in order to use them. Since the Series S doesn't have a disc drive, the games have to be owned digitally in order to play them.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Xbox One X game to Series S

You would have to own it digitally in order to play it on the Series S. Otherwise, the disc has to be in the drive to prove you own the game and since the Series S doesn't have a disc drive, that wouldn't be possible.
Thema:

1. How to transfer Xbox One games to Xbox Series S and prove you own them - Similar Threads - transfer games Series

2. Series X and game/save transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X and game/save transfer: Hello, my Series X took water damage (burst pipe) and I am looking into buying a new Series X to replace it. I was just wondering if all my games that I have purchased will be available to...
  3. How to transfer games from hard drive to series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer games from hard drive to series X: I recently got an Xbox series X and gave the Xbox one to my son. I wanted to move the games from the external hard drive to the internal storage of the series X but my husband thought we could...
  4. is there any way an Xbox one disc game can be transferred to x box series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is there any way an Xbox one disc game can be transferred to x box series s: Is there any way that backwards compatibility extends to disc games on the series s d74ce50c-8980-43f7-912c-83ce44333d13
  5. Transfering games from Xbox One to Series X using Seagate HDD and the Series X States I do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfering games from Xbox One to Series X using Seagate HDD and the Series X States I do...: I bought this 4 terabyte Seagate HDD for the xbox one and accrued 87 games, some from when I had the game pass. I did some research and I found that just plugging it into the new Xbox Series X...
  6. Can I download games on hard drive, then transfer them to my xbox series x ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I download games on hard drive, then transfer them to my xbox series x ?: Hi There are a lot of games that i can't download on my xbox since they are too big, like starfield, flight simulator, or forza. I am travelling in a few days and i will have good wifi, but i...
  7. EAFC 24 - how do I transfer my game data from Xbox One to Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    EAFC 24 - how do I transfer my game data from Xbox One to Xbox Series X?: I played the trial version of EAFC 24 on my Xbox One and made progress in Career mode and in Ultimate Team. I have since upgraded to a Series X and bought a copy that works on both consoles. I...
  8. Why can’t I transfer my Xbox one profile and games to my series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I transfer my Xbox one profile and games to my series s?: Got my new series s today and when I sign in to my microsoft account it makes me set up a new profile and I can’t seem to transfer my Xbox one profile over to it what do I do?...
  9. Is there any way to transfer Madden points from Xbox one to Xbox series s version of the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to transfer Madden points from Xbox one to Xbox series s version of the game: I bought a digital Madden points code and it went to the wrong gen game 495c6596-f6bf-41af-ae26-ae082c8c0640
  10. How can I transfer my games from broken series s to another series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I transfer my games from broken series s to another series s: I have a series s that works no more I would like to transfer games off of it to a new series s. The broken one won't cut on... How can I do it e80ad469-a7c4-4889-baf8-db428548721c