How to transfer xbox gamertag to primary microsoft account?

Discus and support How to transfer xbox gamertag to primary microsoft account? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I need to consolidate my xbox gamertag/id which is in one account with my primary microsoft account which contains our family members. The issue is I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TomFry, Jul 1, 2022.

1. TomFry
    TomFry Guest

I need to consolidate my xbox gamertag/id which is in one account with my primary microsoft account which contains our family members.

The issue is I created my xbox id 21 years ago before microsoft had unified accounts across services and so I created my xbox id with an old email address. Years later I created a main microsoft account with my primary email address and added family members as needed and we have all of our microsoft services unified and subscribed to through that primary account.

The issue is the xbox is stuck using this old xbox id which my kids cannot connect to with their IDs since they are in my primary microsoft account. So I need to be able to transfer the gamertag over or combine the accounts somehow.

All of the posts I've seen on this say "you should have used a unified account initially", however 21 years ago microsoft had separate accounts for everything. I'm simply trying to now find how to unify this, which is microsoft's own recommendation. How can I do so? Thanks.

:)

TomFry, Jul 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Tomfry

At the moment is not possible to transfer progress or purchases to other Microsoft accounts due to security reasons :c

The gamertag is linked to the Microsoft account you created

Greetings from another Microsoft user!
  3. CroppedHickory8 Win User

Need help switch my gamertag to more current microsoft account...

no, that's not what i was looking for. I have all the information for both Microsoft accounts and have access to both. i am just trying to switch my gamertag to my primary account buy a default gamertag was created on that account some how and i need to
    delete that to transfer my actual gamertag.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Transfer Xbox Live account from my microsoft account to my son's

Hello Jonlsaacs1,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. The Xbox profile cannot be moved from an account once it is created. The saved data, Microsoft currency, licenses for all the content that was purchased, and gamertag will remain on the account that they
    were established to. The email address of the account can be changed. The primary alias of the account will need to be removed and transferred to a new Microsoft account.
    Existing @hotmail.com, @live.com, @outlook.com, and @msn.com addresses can't be added as aliases. Once any of these addresses are removed from a Microsoft account, it cannot be recovered. The article entitled

Manage Aliases for Your Microsoft Account
    will explain how to change the primary alias. Be sure to let us know the results!
  5. [Farscape] Win User

Switching Gamertag Between Accounts

you cant simply transfer a gamertag from one microsoft account to another, it is the microsoft account that holds all the info regarding purchases etc etc.

when you create a new microsoft account it automatically creates a new gamertag with a random name.

you can add a new email address to your existing microsoft account as an alias and even make that the primary email.
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Spostare profilo Xbox da un account Microsoft ad un altro account Microsoft (Move Xbox profile from one Microsoft account to another Microsoft account)

Hey there!

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums regarding these account questions.

As you have stated you are unable to actually transfer your Xbox Live account over to the account which you use for everything.

So of course you always have the option of moving all your Other stuff over to the Xbox Live account. Other than that your best option would be to Keep things as is or You can always

Update your Primary Alias
    or of course
    Update your Gamertag
    as Parity has mentioned, unfortunately you will not be able to transfer your Xbox Live Gold account over to your Primary account.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. How to transfer xbox gamertag to primary microsoft account? - Similar Threads - transfer gamertag primary

2. gamertag transfer process

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamertag transfer process: Hello, it would be great if there was a gamertag transfer process. For example, I have an Xbox account on a secondary Microsoft account, and I have my primary account with the Microsoft services I...
  3. How do I transfer a gamertag from email A to email B?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer a gamertag from email A to email B?: Hello everyone. I have a question and a concern regarding what I'm about to do. I have two separate Microsoft email addresses (EM1 and EM2) EM1 (main), and EM2 (secondary) with two gamertags...
  4. Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.: Hi, I used to have an Xbox One X and it stopped displaying video but at that time I didn't have enough cash to get it repaired so I had to get it recycled. It had my old gamertag and old Microsoft...
  5. Can I transfer my gamertag account to another family member?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I transfer my gamertag account to another family member?: I would like to transfer my gamertag to another family member, then set up a new tag to run as my family admin and account profile, is this posible? 522ee1f7-dc77-43c6-aab3-a62bf7591a6e
  6. Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...: Hello, I am currently at a loss for words. I recently changed one of my unique gamertags in order to make it available to swap to a different account that I actually use. I have since spent the...
  7. How do I transfer my gamertag to my son?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer my gamertag to my son?: How do I transfer my gamertag to my son? When we first got the XBox we just used my email/profile because the kids didn't have email addresses or microsoft accounts yet. My son created his...
  8. Is there a way to transfer my sons gamertag and achievements to his email address now that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer my sons gamertag and achievements to his email address now that...: Is there a way to transfer my sons gamertag and achievements to his email account now that he is older than 13 and can have his own email? e412a347-cb45-4272-8e1d-482d087df223
  9. How to transfer Gamertag to a different email address?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to transfer Gamertag to a different email address?: Hi I want to transfer gamertag to a different email address, without losing the history. Is that possible? My son is currently using my email address to access Xbox and I want update it to his,...
  10. Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass?: I recently signed up for gamepass via windows 11, which created a new profile linked to my Microsoft account based on gmail. I have an old xbox 360 gamertag & account which was set up using the...