How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?

Discus and support How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I got an Xbox 360 I've had for a while with a Minecraft world I do not want to restart, I just got it hooked up to the Internet finally and logged into... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Default__585, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Default__585
    Default__585 Guest

How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts?

I got an Xbox 360 I've had for a while with a Minecraft world I do not want to restart, I just got it hooked up to the Internet finally and logged into my Microsoft account, I don't want to lose all the hours I put into the Minecraft world so is there a way to transfer the world so it is playable on the other account connected to the 360? I have it backed up to 4 difference storage devices in case that helps, but yeah, I put in so much time and heart into this world and I really don't want to lose it, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Default__585, Jan 9, 2024
  2. Annanda Martins Win User

Hi, my name is Annanda, thank you for your question and for reaching out.

No data can or should be transferred between different accounts, okay?

Another thread talks about this regard. There, there is a user that mentions a way to do it, but it does not seem to be ideal, since there is no certainty that it will work for every game, and if it works, it will not be able to acquire achievements, okay?

There the user mentions:

" Despite what was mentioned above it can be possible to swap saves between profiles. However, it will depend on the game and you are unable to gain achievements while using the copied save.

I'll describe how to do it using a game I know it works on, Mass Effect.

Sign in with the account you want the save copied to. Then go to My Xbox and scroll to the end and pick System Settings. Now pick Memory and on the new screen the device the save is saved on.

Now choose games and scroll until you find the game, Mass Effect in our example, and enter the folder by pressing A.

Find the save you want copied and press A. You'll now be presented with three options but we only want the first, Copy.

Press A on Copy and choose to save it to the same location.

Now if the game allows the save to be copied you will have a new save created belonging to the new profile. Remember though that you won't be able to gain achievements by using that save, so your girlfriend will have to decide if she wants achievements or to retain her progress. "

Also in another comment they mention:

" Here is a direct quote when you select a save not your own "By copying or moving this item, you will become the new owner. If you are not already the owner, you will not be able to earn achievements for gameplay using this item." "

Unfortunately, the user account is inactive so i do not know who gave this tip, but credits go to who posted this.

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/6d0d8b6e-e649-4658-b3e0-437209990085

Again, no data should be able to be transferred from one account to another, okay? So I cannot guarantee the veracity of the information provided by the other user, but since it does not have any other way, it might be worth a shot at least.

Keep in mind that if this become possible, the achievements cannot be acquired, okay?

I hope you understand

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Please, if you have any other doubts, we are here to help.

If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you.

Best Regards, Annanda.
  3. Annanda Martins Win User

If you give a quick search, you can also find some other methods, but they are not official so i cannot recommend them, okay? And it may need a PC.

I hope you understand.

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Please, if you have any other doubts, we are here to help.

If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you.

Best Regards, Annanda.
  4. Default__585 Win User

I don't really mind about the achievements, I just want to keep my world because I put so much time into it.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Transfer cable and data on new HDD

[quote user="OIBND"]I recovered my gamertag and my Cloud save file.[/quote]Recover is no longer the term to use. Your profile can be downloaded to multiple consoles. Same goes for Cloud Storage, however Cloud Storage save files do not "sync" until you try
    playing the game associated with the save files on the "new" console.
    So I want to transfer my data to the new HDD from the old HDD but I am worried about mixing saved files.
    Why? HDD storage and Cloud Storage are two different things.

To manually copy save game files via the data migration cable, attach the cable and drive, then cancel all the transfer dialogs. Go back into System Settings, Memory, and you'll see a Transfer Cable device. You can Copy/Move content to/from the Transfer
    Cable device just as you do with any other storage device. Manually copy over the files you want from the old HDD to the new HDD or to Cloud Storage.
  6. xbox360italy Win User

Transfer files from e 68 to new hdd

Hello,

Use only the Xbox 360 Transfer Cable to move your content. Microsoft does not license, support, or guarantee the functioning of cables made by other manufacturers.

You can copy and move content like saved games, profiles, and avatar items between different Xbox 360 storage devices. You can also delete content from a storage device. Here’s how.

How to copy, move, or delete content
Thema:

1. How to transfer saved games from my xbox360 storage device between two accounts? - Similar Threads - transfer saved games

2. How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I transfer game save data from one Xbox profile to another Xbox profile?: I made a new account because have been using my dads Microsoft account, and I can't figure out how to transfer my data. aa01aabb-9203-4ff0-a160-c0742a4fbc6b
  3. Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transfer my game saves from XBOX One to an external hard drive: Howdy, I want to transfer my old game saves data from my XBOX One onto an external hard drive. I have already formatted an external hard drive (EHD) to use but I can currently only copy the DLC...
  4. Series X and game/save transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X and game/save transfer: Hello, my Series X took water damage (burst pipe) and I am looking into buying a new Series X to replace it. I was just wondering if all my games that I have purchased will be available to...
  5. How can I transfer Game Pass saves between Game Pass accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I transfer Game Pass saves between Game Pass accounts?: 2 months ago I created a new, alternate account to try out a free trial code for game pass a friend had given me(you can't use free trial's on existing accounts even if you've never had game pass...
  6. Help with transferring Persona 5 royale's saves to the steam version of the game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with transferring Persona 5 royale's saves to the steam version of the game.: I am planning on buying Persona 5 royale in steam, after it was removed from Xbox Game Pass. I already invested a lot of time into the game when they removed it. i want to know if I can transfer...
  7. Transfer cloud gaming save to Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Transfer cloud gaming save to Xbox: I wanted to try out Starfield on my Xbox One, so I gave cloud gaming a chance. The performance is okay but I really like the game, so Ibplan to upgrade to Series X. Is it possible to transfer my...
  8. Can I transfer an Xbox's game's progress & saves to a Steam-bought game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer an Xbox's game's progress & saves to a Steam-bought game?: So I recently purchased Astroneer on Steam and I'm wondering if I am able to transfer my progress from Xbox to the Steam game. I have nearly 100% completion on Astroneer on the Xbox-bought game...
  9. Transferring saved game data from one Xbox account to another…

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transferring saved game data from one Xbox account to another…: I have a problem that requires assistance. Recently, one of my Outlook accounts, which was linked to my gamer tag, got deleted due to inactivity. The system prompted me to log back into the...
  10. Can you transfer saved game progress between accounts within your family?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you transfer saved game progress between accounts within your family?: Everything I've read says game progress can't be moved between profiles. Is that still true if those profiles are within the family account? Mine being the main one, can I transfer to another...