How to transfer Gamertag to a different email address?

Discus and support How to transfer Gamertag to a different email address? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I want to transfer gamertag to a different email address, without losing the history. Is that possible? My son is currently using my email address... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NelHart, Dec 19, 2022.

1. NelHart
    NelHart Guest

Hi

I want to transfer gamertag to a different email address, without losing the history. Is that possible?

My son is currently using my email address to access Xbox and I want update it to his, but he don't want to loose his gamer history.

How do I change that?

:)

NelHart, Dec 19, 2022
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello NelHart, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your emails.

Please check the steps listed at this link https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/help/account-pro... for steps on changing the email address associated with an Xbox account. Nothing on the account will be lost doing this.

However, please be aware that if you remove your email completely from the account Microsoft will think you no longer want it and will permanently delete that address.

To prevent this I'd recommend keeping your email listed as the Secondary for the account
  3. Mark Sherwood Win User

Email issues

PackagedQuill69 hey there :)

Please visit
    THIS
    page. It details a step-by-step guide on how to transfer your gamertag onto a new email address (Microsoft Account). Simply put, you will need to transfer the current profile onto a new email address and then transfer your desired gamertag onto your
    current email address. Sounds a little complicated, but that page I posted has you covered and will enable you to be able to log in with your desired gamertag on your desired email address.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud
  4. maxen Win User

Help please

5. IanCeazar2006 Win User

Issue with changing email to a gamertag

You need to download both accounts to your Xbox 360 console and wait for 30 days before you can process the transfer of gamertag to different Microsoft email address.

After 30 days, you can already transfer your gamertag to different Microsoft email address.

Please open this link for the steps
    support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account
  6. crypticalskink Win User

Unlink XBOX Gamertag from Email Address

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Please can I just clarify that the instuctions provided will allow me to keep my email address and transfer the gamertag to a different email address?

kind regards

Jody
Thema:

1. How to transfer Gamertag to a different email address? - Similar Threads - transfer Gamertag different

2. gamertag transfer process

in XBoX Accessibility
    gamertag transfer process: Hello, it would be great if there was a gamertag transfer process. For example, I have an Xbox account on a secondary Microsoft account, and I have my primary account with the Microsoft services I...
  3. How do I transfer a gamertag from email A to email B?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer a gamertag from email A to email B?: Hello everyone. I have a question and a concern regarding what I'm about to do. I have two separate Microsoft email addresses (EM1 and EM2) EM1 (main), and EM2 (secondary) with two gamertags...
  4. Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.: Hi, I used to have an Xbox One X and it stopped displaying video but at that time I didn't have enough cash to get it repaired so I had to get it recycled. It had my old gamertag and old Microsoft...
  5. Can I transfer my gamertag account to another family member?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I transfer my gamertag account to another family member?: I would like to transfer my gamertag to another family member, then set up a new tag to run as my family admin and account profile, is this posible? 522ee1f7-dc77-43c6-aab3-a62bf7591a6e
  6. Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did my gamertag transfer back to the inactive "original Xbox" account that it was on...: Hello, I am currently at a loss for words. I recently changed one of my unique gamertags in order to make it available to swap to a different account that I actually use. I have since spent the...
  7. How do I transfer my gamertag to my son?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer my gamertag to my son?: How do I transfer my gamertag to my son? When we first got the XBox we just used my email/profile because the kids didn't have email addresses or microsoft accounts yet. My son created his...
  8. Is there a way to transfer my sons gamertag and achievements to his email address now that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to transfer my sons gamertag and achievements to his email address now that...: Is there a way to transfer my sons gamertag and achievements to his email account now that he is older than 13 and can have his own email? e412a347-cb45-4272-8e1d-482d087df223
  9. Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I transfer an old xbox 360 gamertag & profile into a newly created profile on gamepass?: I recently signed up for gamepass via windows 11, which created a new profile linked to my Microsoft account based on gmail. I have an old xbox 360 gamertag & account which was set up using the...
  10. How to transfer xbox gamertag to primary microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to transfer xbox gamertag to primary microsoft account?: I need to consolidate my xbox gamertag/id which is in one account with my primary microsoft account which contains our family members. The issue is I created my xbox id 21 years ago before...