How to transfer content from old Xbox 360 drive to new Xbox 360 S using a USB cable with...

Discus and support How to transfer content from old Xbox 360 drive to new Xbox 360 S using a USB cable with... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My old Xbox 360 (original release not S) was not working, so I removed the drive and purchased a used Xbox 360 S. I have the USB cable connected to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JSXZ, Feb 7, 2021.

1. JSXZ
    JSXZ Guest

How to transfer content from old Xbox 360 drive to new Xbox 360 S using a USB cable with...

My old Xbox 360 (original release not S) was not working, so I removed the drive and purchased a used Xbox 360 S. I have the USB cable connected to the old drive plugged to the back of new console USD connector. When I check the external old drive in System/Storage, it is list as a USB drive. When I select it, I am only given the option to format it, the "Transfer Content" option is greyed out.

Do you know why I can't see the content and transfer it to the new Xbox 360 S?

Thanks much.

:)

JSXZ, Feb 7, 2021
  2. FireSnakeEyez Win User

moving profile

3. Miss Portia Win User

hard drive and new console purchase questions

Hi there - the new Xbox 360 S model uses a different type of hard drive, so your old hard drive will not attach to it. We typically recommend the 250GB model if you like to play online and purchase content a lot, but the 4GB model is great if you prefer
    to play locally or you don't purchase or download content. You can transfer all of your old data via the Xbox 360 Transfer Cable, available here:

www.xbox.com/.../Xbox-360-Hard-Drive-Transfer-Cable
  4. Killn The Drama Win User

Beta weapons

[quote user="TVSpaceMonster"]

Oh i was in this exact situation! You just have to move your "Gears of War 3 beta" game from the old Xbox to the new Xbox. Basically, it wont detect it unless you have the beta within your Hard Drive. You will need to use the Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer
    Cable to move memory from your old Xbox to the new one.

[/quote]

Yes he is right Just take all info and transfer it to your new xbox there is 1 type of transfer cable. It looks like the image below most stores sell games carry it.

[​IMG]

Transfer the fun to your new Xbox 360®. The hard drive transfer cable moves content from any Xbox 360 or hard drive to your new Xbox 360 S or Xbox 360 hard drive. Easily transfer HD movies, music, saved games, player profiles, and even full games installed
    on your hard drive. Plus, use the cable over and over if you choose to get a new console or hard drive again in the future.

Works with all Xbox 360 consoles and hard drives Usable multiple times
    Find out more on how to use the Xbox 360 transfer cable
  5. hn333 Win User

Can you transfer installed xbox 360 games to another hard drive using a transfer cable?

This is from the Xbox page.

Transfer the fun to your new Xbox 360®. The hard drive transfer cable moves content from any Xbox 360 or hard drive to your new Xbox 360 S or Xbox 360 hard drive. Easily transfer HD movies, music, saved games, player profiles, and even full games installed
    on your hard drive. Plus, use the cable over and over if you choose to get a new console or hard drive again in the future.
  6. Rusted Ace2013 Win User

HD transfer cable question

You can just use the Xbox 360 Transfer Cable as you can attach the older hard drive to it and plug it into one of the USB ports in your slim console as outlined in

support.xbox.com/.../set-up-transfer-cable
    and select Yes, transfer to console. From there, you can select each folder to see what content is on the old hard drive without transferring it to your new one.
Thema:

1. How to transfer content from old Xbox 360 drive to new Xbox 360 S using a USB cable with... - Similar Threads - transfer content old

2. Will my dlc content transfer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Will my dlc content transfer.: I own the CD copy of the sims 4 and it is no longer working, if i download the store version will i keep my dlc content or is it attached to the disk itself. a6301ba8-1328-4492-8e4b-c543ac0056f5
  3. transferring game content and skins etc between accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    transferring game content and skins etc between accounts: Hi, hoping someone can help me. I have two kids, both with Xboxes and separate accounts (now). The youngest has played games on his elder brothers account and accumulated points, skins prizes etc...
  4. Transfer content between accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer content between accounts: I have an Xbox & PC, with copies of CoD MW2 on each, with Activision accounts on each. I cant link either account to both. Is there a way to transfer bundles between accounts or help linking...
  5. Having trouble transferring purchesed minecraft content to an account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Having trouble transferring purchesed minecraft content to an account: I have made purchases on minecraft on my ipad, which is not linked to an account. Recently I got minecraft on my computer. I tried to transfer my purchased addons and minecoins to my computer...
  6. how do i transfer purchased MCNS content from one microsoft acount to the other im trying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i transfer purchased MCNS content from one microsoft acount to the other im trying...: hi im having a problem on minecraft for Nintendo switch. im trying to know if it is possible to transfer purchased worlds from one account to a new one because i am wanting to permanently close...
  7. is it possible to transfer content from an XB360 guest acct to and actual XBL acct?

in XBoX Accessibility
    is it possible to transfer content from an XB360 guest acct to and actual XBL acct?: i have an guest acct and i wanna transfer my stuff to an actual XBlive acct, is it possible and how to transfer if it is 9b3a0a1c-2c87-4144-9edc-d1ea105f3b55
  8. Make it available for us to transfer in game content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Make it available for us to transfer in game content: Will you please make it available for us to transfer in game material from one account to another in situations where we redeemed something to the wrong account e7546290-a14b-4243-b7e0-5514a9535704
  9. Request to transfer saved content from old to new Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Request to transfer saved content from old to new Gamertag: I recently deleted my old email address [Mod Removed] along with entire Google Account. I setup a yahoo email address [Mod Removed] and Microsoft Account password to go with this in addition to...
  10. transfer content from old console to new xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    transfer content from old console to new xbox360: Where do I get hard drive transfer kit from? The cable I bought says it isn't supported by the device? Help, please. 3c9e34f9-5c8d-4644-9cd4-ab51989624a8