How to test 4k Ultra HD Video via Xbox One?

Discus and support How to test 4k Ultra HD Video via Xbox One? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Does anybody know how I can watch a 4k YouTube or Vimeo Video on Xbox One? I do not have the choice on the YouTube app and on Internet Explorer I am... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheBrain1976, Jan 27, 2015.

1. TheBrain1976
    TheBrain1976 Guest

Does anybody know how I can watch a 4k YouTube or Vimeo Video on Xbox One? I do not have the choice on the YouTube app and on Internet Explorer I am not allowed to Switch to 4k?

Anyboy have any ideas how to watch 4k Videos on the xbox one?

:)

TheBrain1976, Jan 27, 2015
  2. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    Xbox one s can play 4k Utra hd blu Ray dise ?

Hi

Yes it can play UHD Blu Ray discs please see this link below.

www.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-s

4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ and Streaming
    With four times the resolution of standard HD, 4K Ultra HD delivers the clearest, most realistic video possible. Stream 4k content on Netflix and Amazon Video and watch Ultra HD Blu-ray movies in stunning
    visual fidelity with High Dynamic Range.

gds1972, Jan 27, 2015
  3. Xbox one s can play 4k Utra hd blu Ray dise ?

I want to know .Xbox one s can play 4K ultra hd blu Ray dise ? I saw some website tell Xbox one s can't play 4K ultra hd blu Ray dise some website tell it can play .because I will buy it for watch 4K ultra hd blu Ray dise and play game . If who know
    please tell me thank

SorawatRodklai, Jan 27, 2015
  4. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest

you can't because the XB1 does not output in 4K ... yet

tohellnbak, Jan 27, 2015
  5. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    the xbox one has a 4k HDMI cable and ms have said something about 4k but as we speak the xbox one doesnt support 4k but i guess they wouldnt put a 4k cable in the box if it wasnt coming. (watch as a sony ponies come)

N7 Gh0stz, Jan 28, 2015
  6. TheBrain1976
    TheBrain1976 Guest
    oh ok, thanks for the info! I guess I have to hook up my PC to the tv then to test it How to test 4k Ultra HD Video via Xbox One? :(

TheBrain1976, Jan 28, 2015
  7. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    does your PC even output in 4K? Just because your TV is 4K ready.. the source still needs to be 4K.. would be like hooking up a VCR to a 1080P TV and wondering why the image is not in HD

tohellnbak, Jan 28, 2015
  8. KLRSKIR
    KLRSKIR Guest

If your TV is a Smart TV you can find a lot of great 4K material on YouTube. Saves a computer hook-up if so.

KLRSKIR, Jan 28, 2015
  9. Boas BS5
    Boas BS5 Guest
    If you have a 4k TV that isnt smart get a new TV How to test 4k Ultra HD Video via Xbox One? :)

Boas BS5, Jan 28, 2015
  10. TheBrain1976
    TheBrain1976 Guest
    well it is a smart tv but it choses the output automatically on the YouTube app. I cannot Chose 4k and it will not buffer to watch on 4k.

TheBrain1976, Jan 28, 2015
  11. Dwoop33
    Dwoop33 Guest
    I doubt you're going to need 4K ability for everyday viewing for another year at least. They are ging to bring it, that's a no-brainer, but it isn't a must have for the masses yet like the jump from 480p to 1080p was.

Dwoop33, Jan 29, 2015
  12. I'm reading this thread a bit and I'm not entirely sure if what I'm confused about has been addressed. Does the Xbox One output in UHD yet on any level? I know the games aren't going to be in 4k because that's just too many pixels, but I'd very much like
    to be able to watch 4k Netflix content or rent videos on Xbox Videos in that resolution.

HerrStreetOne, Jan 29, 2015
  13. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest

XB1 does not output in UHD, YET. It was shipped with a 4K "READY" hdmi cable for when it does. Have to remember, they built this box to last a decade so looked into the near and far future and decided what to include in it and how to build it. Once 4K becomes
    the norm for consumers, I am sure the X will start pouring it out

tohellnbak, Jan 29, 2015
  14. Boas BS5
    Boas BS5 Guest
    Do people think 4k will be the norm or just jump straight to 8k?

Boas BS5, Jan 30, 2015
  15. How does the xbox look on a 4k tv I'm planning buy one next month

cheesyhunter1, Jan 30, 2015
Thema:

1. How to test 4k Ultra HD Video via Xbox One? - Similar Threads - test Ultra Video

2. I’m doing test connection, and it says I’m connected, but the service status says it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m doing test connection, and it says I’m connected, but the service status says it’s...: The NAT and service says it’s is unavailable, but when I do test network connection and test NAT type, it’s says it all good. I don’t know if it is my router because I use ethernet or it a...
  3. High Ping in games, but internet test says otherwise

in XBoX Games and Apps
    High Ping in games, but internet test says otherwise: I’ve been getting very high ping (90-100) in Fortnite. I’m connected to the right server and it says i should be getting 30. I’ve done everything I can and I’m starting to think it’s my Xbox since...
  4. How to test the internal hard drive on an xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to test the internal hard drive on an xbox one x: How to test the internal hard drive on an xbox one x . My xbox has been getting slower and slower starting up and now sometimes it will stop during startup and says took too long to start up and...
  5. Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...: Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency than when I test my speed through my xbox series x? 27f76be7-c89f-405b-89cc-afe45fbfbf6f
  6. Grounded Public Test for Update 1.3 Available for Xbox Insiders Today!

in XboX Insiders
    Grounded Public Test for Update 1.3 Available for Xbox Insiders Today!: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. Microsoft Certification Testing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Certification Testing: I was curious of the certification process for rolling out updates as a game i play (dungeon defenders 2) doesnt have their update available on xbox yet but it is on other platforms... i cant seem...
  8. System error e101 00000504 8b050041 after test update

in XboX Insiders
    System error e101 00000504 8b050041 after test update: Yesterday 10/21/2023 when downloading the alpha update got to 97% update says it failed and restart. Now this is just a repeat cycle. Everytime it gets to 97% it fails and restarts. Please help....
  9. Multiplayer test keeps failing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiplayer test keeps failing: For some reason, I cannot play online on my Xbox One, I have updated my subscriptions and tried everything that Xbox support has suggested but for some reason when I test multiplayer connection,...
  10. Any chance to be part of the family gamepass subscription testing group?

in XboX Insiders
    Any chance to be part of the family gamepass subscription testing group?: Been wondering when are they going to test the family plan here in mex, my brother cousins and friend want to give it a try submitted by /u/RANGO1892 [link] [comments]