how to sync my controller again

Discus and support how to sync my controller again in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox 1 standard edition was taken apart and not put back together properly so my sync button wont work. I've tried to connect it through a cable but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jvrdanwilsvn, Mar 5, 2023.

1. jvrdanwilsvn
    jvrdanwilsvn Guest

my xbox 1 standard edition was taken apart and not put back together properly so my sync button wont work. I've tried to connect it through a cable but it wont sync properly. Will only turn on but not sync

:)

jvrdanwilsvn, Mar 5, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If the sync button is not working, by connecting it using the cable should work and if it’s not working still we may need to perform a powercycle on your console by following the steps below accordingly:

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Unplug your console for 5 minutes.

3. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Pairing Bluetooth Xbox Controller with an iPad and then back to Xbox

Hi,

I can understand how this can be annoying but I'm afraid you can only sync a controller to one device at a time. So when you switch devices you'll unfortunately need to sync again.

However, if you connect your Xbox controller to your controller using a USB cable, your controller should instantly sync to your console.
  4. Leon_1215 Win User

Xbox One S won't power on with controller

Have you synced your controller with your console?

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/accessories/connect-a-wireless-controller
    I have synced my controller with my console. I resynced the controller again tonight to make sure that wasn't the issue.
  5. TheFrenchman55 Win User

XBOX sign in using a controller – automatically signs out and exits game

I only have/use one controller. My controller occasionally un-syncs itself when turning on the console every now-and-then. I will re-sync and see how that works.

Thanks!
  6. unammusic Win User

Xbox Series X - No Controllers Connecting + Fix

Hi,

I have this every single time I connect my Headset. I can exactly reproduce the issue.

If Headset is connected and I turn if the console, the console will turn on again and controller can not be paired anymore, no matter how often I try to connect/sync it.

I HAVE to completely shutdown the Xbox by holding down the power button and just then it's possible again to re-sync the controller. It somehow gets out of sync when I shut down the console while headset is connected. (Steelseries Arctis 9x)

It's obiuosly a bug which I can reproduce every single time. How can I report this?

Thanks
Thema:

1. how to sync my controller again - Similar Threads - sync controller again

2. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  3. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller keep de-syncing: When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no...
  4. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  5. How to sync Xbox One controller without turning on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to sync Xbox One controller without turning on my Xbox?: So I have an Xbox One controller and I don't see a way to sync through Bluetooth without first turning on the controller which obviously turns on the console. Is there any way to go straight into...
  6. Why can I not sync 2 identical controllers to my 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not sync 2 identical controllers to my 360?: I bought 2 new controllers for my 360, they are identical. I can sync them to my console one at a time but can not synce them both. One will sync and the other continues to search. I shut the...
  7. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  8. I just bought this Xbox elite controller 2, it refuses to sync correctly and it's fully...

in XBoX on Windows
    I just bought this Xbox elite controller 2, it refuses to sync correctly and it's fully...: Seriously. Fresh out of the box and off the charger : it won't stay on. It indicates 100% battery so charging doesn't fix this. We have tried all the stupid troubleshoots for this and nothing...
  9. When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...: So when I turn on my Xbox series x the Xbox makes the startup sound but doesn’t actually boot up and when I attempt to connect my controller the light just flashes so I’ve tried manually syncing...
  10. My Xbox Series controller I got as a replacement about 4-5 months ago not syncing to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series controller I got as a replacement about 4-5 months ago not syncing to Xbox One: Last night and the night before, my controller started randomly disconnecting every few minutes and now won't connect to my Xbox at all unless it's plugged in. This controller is a replacement...