How to switch a primary email account for an Xbox profile?

Discus and support How to switch a primary email account for an Xbox profile? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My Xbox is set to another email that I don't have access to (the account was created when I was young, but now it's really mine) and I'm trying to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by anon22344, Jan 11, 2022.

1. anon22344
    anon22344 Guest

My Xbox is set to another email that I don't have access to (the account was created when I was young, but now it's really mine) and I'm trying to change it to my current email. So far, I've gotten to the point on the Microsoft account where it says "Add an Alias Email". When I try to enter my current email, it tells me "This email address is already taken. Please try another." but I shouldn't have an account open under that name. If I do, is there any way I can delete that account, wait the 60 (or 30) day time period and then try and sign in with that email/transfer it over? Any help would be appreciated, I'm just a bit lost as of now.

:)

anon22344, Jan 11, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I'm afraid all of those options isn't possible. Sorry
  3. FIZZY LP Win User

Hello and thank you for your forum post today 😃

You can use this link to change your email address on the Microsoft Account in question: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-ac...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Or you can manage the account and change all aspects of the account in question using these links:

http://account.live.com/

Or

https://account.live.com/acsr/

Family settings automatically disappear when the account teachers 18 years of age, if the email is linked to a different account and you can’t access the account please try these links: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/forgot-microsoft-account-solution

Or

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/something-wrong-microsoft-account

If you have access to both accounts and wish to delete one then please use these links: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/cancel-microsoft-account

Or

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/microsoft-account/delete-information-microsoft-account

I hope this was helpful 😀
  4. Darkest Sanity Win User

Changing email addresses on a profile .

I currently have an active live account. I want to switch my email to my primary email that I check all the time. How do I go about switching my emails over so it shown on my console. Do I need to create a new account and swap my profile over to it?
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Microsoft Konten[Translation-Microsoft Accounts]

Hello Denise,

Thanks for coming to the Xbox forums. If the accounts both have gamer tags you will not be able to switch the emails. You can look over how to

change your primary alias
    for further information.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. choppyseize Win User

Why cant i still not change my email address?

Hello

How are you trying to change the email address? You can only change the primary email address associated with the account. You will need to add the new one first as a secondary account. Then switch it to the primary one.
Thema:

1. How to switch a primary email account for an Xbox profile? - Similar Threads - switch primary email

2. my xbox seems to input the right direction no matter what i do, ive even switched...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox seems to input the right direction no matter what i do, ive even switched...: my xbox seems to input the right direction no matter what i do, ive even switched controllers and the problem persists so i doubt its a controlelr problem 8dad8d13-6706-4fc1-8013-6e473cc000be
  3. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  4. Do i only get 1 switch back at a time¿

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do i only get 1 switch back at a time¿: I was waiting patiently for my home switches to come back but I only ended up getting 1 back, does it work like when you use the individual switch it takes a year for that 1 to come back?...
  5. Minecraft Username Switching Trouble

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Username Switching Trouble: Hello, I was told to post this here rather than contacting Minecraft Support, as they no longer deal with this kind of problem since the account migration happened. I own two Minecraft accounts...
  6. using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except...

in XBoX on Consoles
    using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except...: using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except for the a button, it responds as if i was hitting b. any way i can fix this?...
  7. Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?: Hi I have an xbox accessibility controller (the big rectangle controller) for a disabled friend and was wondering where do I buy switches / additional buttons to plug into the controller...
  8. Xbox switches off when loading games?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox switches off when loading games?: I have an Xbox one haven't bothered upgrading because I don't really play as much anymore. Today I used my xbox for Netflix for almost 3 hours everything was fine but when I loaded up into nba it...
  9. How To I Retrieve my Switch Bedrock World?

in XBoX on Windows
    How To I Retrieve my Switch Bedrock World?: My Switch Bedrock World Reset Hello everyone. I’ve researched for a while now, and I don’t think there’s a fix, but one of my worlds entirely reset. I went AFK last night, came back to the game...
  10. What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What will happen when I switch the primary email on a Xbox account to a different one?: I got my Xbox when I was pretty young so I had to use my parents email in order to have a Xbox and now I'm just tired of needing to log in on their email or have to contact them in order to get...