how to stream xbox to laptop(windows 10)

Discus and support how to stream xbox to laptop(windows 10) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; how do i stream my xbox to my windows 10 laptop? when i try to use the xbox app it just gives me black screen. on the xbox console companion app there... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gamp vepxo2, Mar 26, 2023.

1. gamp vepxo2
    gamp vepxo2 Guest

how do i stream my xbox to my windows 10 laptop? when i try to use the xbox app it just gives me black screen. on the xbox console companion app there used to be option ''stream'' but now its gone, and when i press test streaming it tells me to make sure that the app and the console are up to date im confident that both are newest version. if you can provide with any kind of help i will be thankful

:)

gamp vepxo2, Mar 26, 2023
  2. BetaKool4502 Win User

using my laptop as a monitor

The only way you can do that directly is if your laptop has an HDMI input port which most do not.

However if you have Windows 10 you can stream your Xbox to your laptop and use your Xbox One Controller if you are on the same network with both. Check that out here:

support.xbox.com/.../how-to-use-game-streaming
  3. Giogame Pass Win User

The thing is that i already did same thing as you said but still the "stream" button is not available for me
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Make sure your Xbox and your laptop are on the same network.

Download and install the Xbox Console Companion app from the Microsoft Store if you haven't already.

Launch the app and sign in with your Microsoft account.

On your Xbox, go to Settings > Devices & streaming > Device connections, and make sure the option "Allow game streaming to other devices" is enabled.

On the Xbox Console Companion app, click on the "Connection" icon on the left-hand side of the screen. This should show you a list of Xbox consoles on your network.

Select your Xbox console from the list and click "Connect." If you have trouble finding your console, make sure it's turned on and connected to the network.

If everything is set up correctly, you should see your Xbox screen on your laptop. You can now use your laptop as a remote control for your Xbox and play games from your Xbox on your laptop.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

My earbuds are not working well

So if I understand you correctly, you are streaming from your console to your laptop, and you have your controller connected to the laptop with your earbuds connected to the controller?

How is your controller connected to the laptop? Via MicroUSB cable or via the Xbox wireless adapter for Windows 10?
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Streaming por HDMI

Hi Jos158,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer that.

Unfortunately you cannot plug in the Xbox One into your laptop and use the laptop as a display. Also there is no app or program that would convert the HDMI port on your laptop to an input source rather than an output source.

Your only option would be to use the game streaming through the Xbox Console Companion app. I would re over these two support articles on how to improve streaming:

I hope this helps!
Thema:

1. how to stream xbox to laptop(windows 10) - Similar Threads - stream laptop windows

2. Stream xbox one to laptop through wifi without internet connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stream xbox one to laptop through wifi without internet connection: Hi I want to stream xbox to laptop through wifi modem. This wifi modem doesn't have access to internet, I want to play offline games. Is there a way I can get it to work? Many thanks...
  3. I can no longer stream my xbox via console companion app on my laptop, when I try to test...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can no longer stream my xbox via console companion app on my laptop, when I try to test...: Any tips on how to fix this as it used to work perfectly 462f4153-954a-4ce0-b2e7-1c81e9a8eb15
  4. Xbox Console Companion App won't stream Xbox to laptop.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Console Companion App won't stream Xbox to laptop.: It is able to connect to the console, but when attempting to stream it says that either the Xbox app or console is not fully updated. I've checked, the Xbox is fully updated, and I've reinstalled...
  5. Can't stream my Xbox One to my laptop anymore.

in XboX Insiders
    Can't stream my Xbox One to my laptop anymore.: So, for the past I'd say maybe 2 weeks I've been streaming my Xbox to my laptop with no problem, only until recently. Every time I click stream it shows this popup saying I need to sign into my...
  6. Is Laptop Party Audio Included in Twitch Stream if Streamed from Console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Laptop Party Audio Included in Twitch Stream if Streamed from Console?: I stream on the weekends and recently purchased a better microphone to replace my six-year old headset. However, since I stream directly from my Xbox One X and am now using my laptop to create and...
  7. Can't stream Xbox One to laptop. UPnP not set up. Running on Military wifi.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't stream Xbox One to laptop. UPnP not set up. Running on Military wifi.: I am in the USMC, I live in the barracks, therefore I have to pay for a wifi subscription with a wifi hotspot service named Boingo. The wifi works perfectly fine and I can game at really good...
  8. how to stream/connect to laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    how to stream/connect to laptop: on the xbox app it says to put in the consoles ip address put it in and said it was wrong. don't know if am doing it wrong don't think so. 420c8d82-1212-4dd5-b352-262e42293477
  9. Cant stream my Xbox one to my laptop.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant stream my Xbox one to my laptop.: For some reason I cant stream my Xbox One to my laptop. Im connected to the same network, and I do have enabled the "Allow game streaming to other devices" box. Infact I'm on "Allow connections...
  10. how to connect xbox one to hp stream laptop window 8?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to connect xbox one to hp stream laptop window 8?: help me figure how to connect xbox one to laptop pc? 0302c13e-70b3-455f-bc9f-2fc81b792835