How to stop pc from freezing?

Discus and support How to stop pc from freezing? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been experiencing a problem lately where my pc starts to fully freeze when playing games so the only thing that I can do is force shut down, I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MrTimur, May 26, 2023.

1. MrTimur
    MrTimur Guest

I have been experiencing a problem lately where my pc starts to fully freeze when playing games so the only thing that I can do is force shut down, I managed to get the task manager before the pc froze, the SSD active time was 100% but the read and write was 0.

The problem never happened before in any game I played.

What I have tried:

1-sfc scan

2-disk check

2-updated all device drivers

3-scan for maleware

4-clean installation of windows 10

Specs:

Geforce RTX 3070

32 Gb RAM

Core i7 11th gen

:)

MrTimur, May 26, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

it is likely that it is a short circuit, which can be caused by the video card, but to be sure you need a technician, unfortunately it is not possible to make an exact diagnosis through the chat.
  3. R0YAL ST0RM Win User

Xbox wont let me download the 3rd compatibility pack.PLEASE HELP!!!

but how do i stop it from freezing when downloading in game?
  4. Annie UK Win User

Bluray - Alien boxset

Not sure how a setting on the TV will stop the disc from freezing. Anyhow I have tried with all the TVs fancy gizmos turned on and off.
  5. OpticRJames Win User

How to stop freezing

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Check for any pending game updates.

Go to “My Apps & Games”, select Grand Theft Auto, and press the more options button. From the list, select “Manage game & add-ons” and then “Updates”. Any updates will be available here.

Solution 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Solution 4: Do a factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.
  6. XBF Steven R Win User

microsoft games crashing

Hey there Menda54!

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this issue trying to play games off of your PC.

If this is happening to your games recently, I would suggest trying the steps on

Game freezes or stops responding on a Windows 10 device

Give those steps a shot and let us know how that helps.

Thanks for reading!
Thema:

1. How to stop pc from freezing? - Similar Threads - stop freezing

2. Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?: I had a previous question about this, but I did some more testing and found more info that may help determine the problem. Essentially whenever I take a game clip I can access it through the...
  3. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  4. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  5. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?: My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick...
  6. How to make halo 1 stop freezing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to make halo 1 stop freezing?: I have been playing halo 1 for a bit now and all of the sudden its now starting to freeze every 3 seconds and unfreeze consitisntaly. I have good wifi and my computer is not being overwhelmed and...
  7. My Netflix has stopped working on my xbox one. The app appears to freeze when I go into it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Netflix has stopped working on my xbox one. The app appears to freeze when I go into it...: My Netflix has stopped working on my xbox one. The app appears to freeze when I go into it and I am not able to get it to respond to any controller buttons (accept/back/log in etc) other than...
  8. How to stop Xbox Series S from freezing and making buzzing noise?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to stop Xbox Series S from freezing and making buzzing noise?: I've looked for an answer to this for days without finding anything. To clarify a bit, my Xbox freezes and the audio from the TV makes a loud buzzing noise. The light on my controller starts...
  9. How to stop freezing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to stop freezing: I am on Xbox series s it all Digital and I don't have blue ray and my gta online keeps freezing how to stop it 72ebca97-b82a-4d9e-932c-5a73fe22223f
  10. Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes: Hello Suddenly the Xbox app is not working anymore. It can't load the game list and when I try to change folders it tells me "There was a problem loading installation locations. Try gain....