How to stop Blu-ray app from crashing on Series X?

Discus and support How to stop Blu-ray app from crashing on Series X? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a set of Blu-ray discs which I am no longer able to view when using the Xbox Series X (Blu-ray app). I have tested all combinations of Xbox TV... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by agibbis, Dec 19, 2020.

1. agibbis
    agibbis Guest

I have a set of Blu-ray discs which I am no longer able to view when using the Xbox Series X (Blu-ray app).

I have tested all combinations of Xbox TV settings, 24hz/50hz enabled/disabled etc and the app crashes everytime.

Not sure if it matters but the disc collection is the BBC Planet earth and Frozen Planet set.

How to stop Blu-ray app from crashing on Series X? [​IMG]

Once the feature is selected and you move past the menu screen, the sound suddenly starts stuttering and then the console powers off with a beep to a black screen. No error messages shown.

I have to manually power on the console afterwards.

:)

agibbis, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Deus ex Mox Win User

Dolby Vision - Blu-ray player app

I got a response from Customer Service: no support for Dolby Vision on Blu-ray app on Xbox One X at the moment (not even on Xbox Series X).

They said they are working on that, since a lot of people made complaints about this issue. I hope it's true, it's ridiculous to not support Dolby Vision nowadays on a device that has been promoted as a valid Blu-ray player.
  3. Eric Palmer2000 Win User

Dolby Vision for UHD Movies

I also would like to know when Dolby Vision will be enabled on Xbox Blu-ray app. If not for xbox one I hope for xbox series X possibly?
  4. MadManMoon UK Win User

Is blu-ray player app on xbox one x going to support Dolby Vision?

Hi, Brad

I see that you are a Microsoft Agent, how can you not find an official line on this? (not asked angrily :) ...)

The Blu-Ray app routinely crashes and won't start with a number of discs, and it does seem that it's the ones with DV encoding that give the biggest issues here. However this app has an *awful* rating on the store, and is genuinely considered one of the
    secondary (but massive) reasons for people choosing an XBox One X.

We all really want the console to do well, it really needs a working Blu-Ray app.

Best
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

What does the Xbox 360 use in it’s games? Discs or DVDs? (Or something else)

To clarify;

PlayStation 1 - CD-ROM

Sega Saturn - CD-ROM

Sega Dreamcast - GD-ROM - A proprietary disc format

PlayStation 2 - DVD

Nintendo GameCube - Nintendo Optical Disc

XBOX - DVD

PlayStation 3 - Blu-Ray

XBOX 360 - DVD

Nintendo Wii - Wii Optical disc (basically DVD)

Wii U - Wii U Optical disc (basically Blu-Ray)

PlayStation 4 - Blu-Ray

XBOX One, One S and One X - Blu-Ray

PlayStation 5 - Blu-Ray

XBOX Series X - - Blu-Ray
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

If i switch from xbox one to the series S, can i transfer my disc games over so they are downloaded?

what about series X?
    Yes, the Series X has a Blu-Ray drive. Your Xbox One disc games will work on this system.
Thema:

1. How to stop Blu-ray app from crashing on Series X? - Similar Threads - stop Blu ray

2. Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?: I had a previous question about this, but I did some more testing and found more info that may help determine the problem. Essentially whenever I take a game clip I can access it through the...
  3. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  4. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  5. How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I stop my controller from doing double inputs?: My controller randomly started to performing double or triple inputs on all of my buttons. The right stick also slowly drifts upwards everytime I load into a game, but when I move the right stick...
  6. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  7. Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working: Randomly, a few months ago, my XBOX app–which has been working just fine up until now, suddenly decided to stop working. When I open up the app, all I see is the breathing XBOX logo and text, on...
  8. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  9. Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?: Everytime I’ve tried to report someone, nothing happens, but when they report me for calling them “stupid” or “a bot” I get a strike. I also can’t make looking for group posts on my main account....
  10. Xbox One S, how to stop blu rays from upscaling to 4k

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S, how to stop blu rays from upscaling to 4k: Hey guys. This might sound silly but for some reason I find my Samsung 4k UN65KU6300 upscale of regular blu rays to 4k looks better than xbox one s (idk if maybe its a settings thing lol). Is...