How to start NBA 2K23 when displaying ready to play?

Discus and support How to start NBA 2K23 when displaying ready to play? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought a physical copy of NBA 2K23 for the series x and it is currently downloading the series x update required to play. It says "Ready to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by theultimatecoolguy, Nov 13, 2022.

1. How to start NBA 2K23 when displaying ready to play?

I recently bought a physical copy of NBA 2K23 for the series x and it is currently downloading the series x update required to play. It says "Ready to start" on the download but when i try and start the game i get error code 0x80270254. How do i fix this? Thank you.

:)

theultimatecoolguy, Nov 13, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

I’m sorry but that’s the easy the game works

You’re going to find more and more that buying discs will not help you avoid downloads. For example the new call of duty has only a loader on the disc and a 100GB download.

You have two options. Either wait for ti to download or take your console somewhere with better internet.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this THEULTIMATECOOLGUY

Actually the “ready to play” mark doesn’t mean that you’re going to be able to play the full game right away.
    Usually when this mark appears , it only lets you start the game and play like a mini tutorial, an specific game mode or see the menus

In any case the best option is wait until the full game downloads and then start it
  4. theultimatecoolguy Win User

Hi,

I know that it doesn't mean I get to play the full game but I would like to play the tutorial and/or first level. I unfortunately have very bad internet and it takes a very long time to download a game. If I waited until the full game was downloaded it would be multiple weeks. I would also like to know the solution to the problem incase I encounter it again. Thank You.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, usually power cycling the console can fix most of the problems. Give it a try:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

**Pause the download before that
  6. DwayneMills1 Win User

XBOX Series X input lag and latency

I’m having the exact problem. On a wired gigabit connection, I still feel like my Series X isn’t getting the display information fast enough and I feel what isn’t actually happening in my controller. This is extremely apparent when playing NBA 2K23 online.
Thema:

1. How to start NBA 2K23 when displaying ready to play? - Similar Threads - start NBA 2K23

2. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  3. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  4. Should I start a new repair order or not?- Xbox Series X Repair

in XBoX on Windows
    Should I start a new repair order or not?- Xbox Series X Repair: I created a repair order for my Xbox last month when the disc drive stopped working, it is due to be shipped to the repair centre, but for a long time now it has been stuck at the UPS access point...
  5. Elite 2 when playing get stuck in one direction or start twirling about

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 when playing get stuck in one direction or start twirling about: Hello! My Xbox Elite 2 controller started going bananas recently. It is connected via Bluetooth When playing a game, and moving about, it will stick in one direction, even though I release the...
  6. How can i start my nba 2k24 when its stuck on loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i start my nba 2k24 when its stuck on loading: My nba2k24 is on loading How can I fix it Yy 832c2cd4-cdf6-4e47-8f57-e31cc098995e
  7. NBA 2K19 Wont Start

in XBoX Accessibility
    NBA 2K19 Wont Start: I bought an Xbox one S on Black Friday with a game code for 2K19. It worked fine for a few weeks. Now when I try to start the game it goes to the launch screen for a few seconds and then takes me...
  8. NBA 2k18 will not start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NBA 2k18 will not start: I just bought NBA 2k18 from the xbox live store and it has completely finished downloading, however, the game will not start. When I click launch game the loading screen for NBA 2k18 (with the...
  9. I might have reason why NBA 2k15 digital download won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I might have reason why NBA 2k15 digital download won't start: Okay so I NBA 2k15 was able to be bought and pre downloaded on xbox one. Now we had the option of either the NBA 2k15 pre order bundle or the regular NBA 2k15. Now if anyone noticed you don't see...
  10. NBA 2k14 Issues: "This game took too long to start"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NBA 2k14 Issues: "This game took too long to start": I was recently playing NBA 2k14 on myCareer when I encountered a problem. I purchased player upgrades with my VC that I earned and the screen got froze where it said "Please wait, connecting to...