How to solve it? 0x8007177e Disk volume does not accept file encryption

Discus and support How to solve it? 0x8007177e Disk volume does not accept file encryption in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I recently bought the game Pass and when i try to download a game on E drive , it blocks at 99% and This show up: 0x8007177e Disk volume does not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Angello Kaszta, Nov 20, 2023.

1. How to solve it? 0x8007177e Disk volume does not accept file encryption

Hi! I recently bought the game Pass and when i try to download a game on E drive , it blocks at 99% and This show up: 0x8007177e Disk volume does not accept file encryption, what can I do to fix it?

:)

Angello Kaszta, Nov 20, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Angello K, my name is Daniel and I would be happy to help.

I'm sorry you are having this problem with Game Pass on your PC, please try the following process:

1. Press the Windows + X keys and select Command Prompt (Admin) or Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. In the window that will open, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
    3. When finished, type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and press Enter.
    4. After the previous one, carry out the same process with DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    5. In the Windows search engine, type wsreset and open the app that appears.

Each of these actions can take a few minutes, so it is important to execute one at a time. When finished, restart the PC and test. Let me know if this information was useful to you.

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/53b9cf20-c310-48f7-b738-892cdec6c199

Do you have any other questions, let me know, I wish you good luck.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Are you formated the disknto ntfs oe far 32

If fat 32 it MUST BE ntfs
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

0x8007177e Disk volume does not accept encryption

Xbox games are encrypted so your disc must support it

What SSD are you using? Is it external? If so what enclosure are you using if any?
  5. Radu Căpităneanu Win User

Thank you so much!! :)

This finally solved my problem!
  6. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Hello Radu
    My name is Ezequiel. I'm an Independent Consultant and I'm happy to help you today. I found an article similar to your problem Please try this procedure and there is also a link at the end of the description with the complete process so you can perform the procedure.

Hi,

had the same error but got it fixed by activating file encryption on NTFS volumes in gpedit cause i found that the error code information is: "volume_not_support_efs" means "the disk partition does not support file encryption"

So, try:

1. "Windows Button" + "R"

2. type in "gpedit.msc" and hit "enter"

3. in gpedit go to "Computer Configuration" > "Administrative Templates" > "System" > "Filesystem" > "NTFS"

4. check if "Do not allow encryption an all NTFS volumes" is activated, if so then double click it and set it to "not configured"

5. Restart PC and try to install games

And if you're trying to install to another drive instead of C: you have to change storage destination for apps.

Navigate to "settings" > "system" > "storage" > scroll down to "change where new content is saved" > change "new apps will save to:" to your new destination and restart PC.

Hope this helps to fix the issue.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-on-xbox/f01a0c76-1bf6-4ee9-aa65-45cf00c38a3b
Thema:

1. How to solve it? 0x8007177e Disk volume does not accept file encryption - Similar Threads - solve 0x8007177e Disk

2. Help me, i dont know how solve this problem

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, i dont know how solve this problem: I recently changed my Xbox and was able to play the games smoothly, however I have a Minecraft world that I'm trying to play and a message appears saying "Your other Xbox console is taking a long...
  3. Has any that has incouter this error,solve it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Has any that has incouter this error,solve it?: I am just wondering has anyone been able to solve this unknown error or ever even look into the atter? 7615ef89-fba1-4459-b60f-3cafbabfa67f
  4. How to solve error code 0x8007000E which occurs when launching xbox app on pc after...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to solve error code 0x8007000E which occurs when launching xbox app on pc after...: I recently repurchased the gamepass ultimate subscription to play MLB The Show 24 with a friend, however when I tried to open the xbox app to install it, the app never launched. After some quick...
  5. How do I solve my problem with Ethernet cable connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I solve my problem with Ethernet cable connection?: Hi, I bought my Xbox Series S console and tried to connect to wired network, via my Ethernet cable that works fine with other devices. My previous Xbox was connected to the internet through this...
  6. Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this: I acquired a used Xbox one x from a friend and everything on it works fine.... Accept the fact that it will randomly turn on and eject the disc, and if there is no disc it just rings, does anyone...
  7. [SOLVED] Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [SOLVED] Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?: I already went through every option suggested on these forums, restarted my pc, reset store cache, tried a different profile etc but none of them worked so I wen t through both the ai agent and a...
  8. I don't know how to solve this xbox auth expired please join again why and also im using my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I don't know how to solve this xbox auth expired please join again why and also im using my...: I cant join life boat server im going to check now 0672198b-c91f-4089-a75b-b232a0a866e3
  9. Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together: Found myself at a closed thread with no step in solution from microsoft, so thought I'd get a fresh one started. I have a box that is doing this exact issue, even after maintenancing the internal...
  10. Hello fellow gamers do you guys know how to solve the error code 0x87e00029?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello fellow gamers do you guys know how to solve the error code 0x87e00029?: Hello fellow gamers! So today i wanted to download the microsoft flight sim with a product key. It al went well until i needed to download an update before downloading the game. After the download...