How to solve "error code 0x80004005" for xbox gamepass app on Windows 10?

Discus and support How to solve "error code 0x80004005" for xbox gamepass app on Windows 10? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I get this message every time I try to launch a game on gamepass since I renewed my subscription manually a few days ago. I tried syncing my PCs... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NHunter0, Oct 22, 2022.

1. NHunter0
    NHunter0 Guest

I get this message every time I try to launch a game on gamepass since I renewed my subscription manually a few days ago. I tried syncing my PCs timezone. Tried uninstalling and re-installing xbox app. Tried reinstalling xbox game bar. Windows has just updated a couple days ago, so updating windows isn't a thing I can do. I can't really find any other options.

How to solve "error code 0x80004005" for xbox gamepass app on Windows 10? [​IMG]

:)

NHunter0, Oct 22, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

You can try uninstalling the the most recent windows updates following the steps on this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...

And, if you need it. You have the option to stop / disable automatic updates in different ways:
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-stop-updates...

And yes, you can transfer files between local users (even between PCs) in Windows, basically is copy/paste files

If maybe you need a detailed tutorial:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/share-transfer-files-between-user-accounts-windows

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. NHunter0 Win User

The only thing from that video that works is creating a desktop icon but that doesn't solve the issue of me getting the same error code when I try to download a new game on gamepass.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I found a video with more solutions, please try the ones that you didn't tried:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixVzT2Xn36g

(In the video description you can find the textual steps)

Let me know if one of the solutions fix the problem or if you already tried all the solutions provided there

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  5. NHunter0 Win User

Ok, I created another account, set the services to automatic and restarted the PC. The problem hasn't been solved. Any other ideas?
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, please try creating a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

And if you have an antivirus or firewall please turn off all the protections temporarily (or if you don't mind, delete the program temporarily)
Thema:

1. How to solve "error code 0x80004005" for xbox gamepass app on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - solve error code

2. [SOLVED] Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [SOLVED] Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?: I already went through every option suggested on these forums, restarted my pc, reset store cache, tried a different profile etc but none of them worked so I wen t through both the ai agent and a...
  3. Hello fellow gamers do you guys know how to solve the error code 0x87e00029?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello fellow gamers do you guys know how to solve the error code 0x87e00029?: Hello fellow gamers! So today i wanted to download the microsoft flight sim with a product key. It al went well until i needed to download an update before downloading the game. After the download...
  4. Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone know how to solve error code 0xc0000005?: I already went through every option suggested on these forums, restarted my pc, reset store cache, tried a different profile etc but none of them worked so I wen t through both the ai agent and a...
  5. how to i solve error 0x80070015

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to i solve error 0x80070015: I just paid for my subscription and downloaded the Xbox Installer for my PC. Upon opening the installer there was a notification saying "Gaming Services requiered. Click to download." I proceed to...
  6. How can I solve the error 0x87e0000d?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I solve the error 0x87e0000d?: I can't install a game I bought yesterday (blasphemous 2 for xbox one). Error 0x87e0000d. I reseted the console but the error keeps pooping. Any solutions? c845552c-171d-44ac-ac34-fc85d628d859
  7. How do i solve Forza 5 error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i solve Forza 5 error: I get error occurred text when installing the game at 65GBs.The game stops installing error code 0x87e0000f and I tried fixing it by following the steps on the error code, checked for updates for...
  8. how do i solve an issue with error 80151912?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i solve an issue with error 80151912?: I try several times the option of cleaning the cache but even with that it isn even working im still having issue that mi xbox 360 does not connect to xbox live even though i have a good internet...
  9. Error code : 0x80070026 on Seris X, how do I solve that issue ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code : 0x80070026 on Seris X, how do I solve that issue ?: How do I fix error code - 0x80070026. On the series x ? 97964b90-5b8b-4735-8a8a-17e00ba1fb7c
  10. How do I solve error code: 0x80073d02 on Xbox GamePass when installing Starfield?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I solve error code: 0x80073d02 on Xbox GamePass when installing Starfield?: I have reinstalled and repaired various times to no avail. Thank you for your time in adance. I have tried command/sfc/scannow, repaired microsoft store, ensured proper update of both windows and...