How to sign in offline with ask for passkey still on (banned user)

Discus and support How to sign in offline with ask for passkey still on (banned user) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I’ve been banned from the Xbox platform but still wanting to play saints row 4 problem is I had my security set to ask for password when I try to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by adan_662, Sep 14, 2022.

1. adan_662
    adan_662 Guest

Hi, I’ve been banned from the Xbox platform but still wanting to play saints row 4 problem is I had my security set to ask for password when I try to sign in I go offline to play but I can’t sign in due to being the need to be online for the security part and if I’m online I can’t sign in because I’m Suspended is there a way to disable it on a website?

:)

adan_662, Sep 14, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Adan

Sorry to say but that's not possible, I mean. Even if you are able to disable passkey you need to enable internet in order to see the changes in your console
  3. Frathos Win User

Passkey didn’t work!

What Passkey option did you set? If you set a custom sign-in option that included "Don't ask, just sign me in; Ask for passkey for: Purchases, Changing my settings" then that may be how your friend can still log into your account without the passkey. Alternatively,
    maybe you set a Passkey that is too short or easy (eg mine is a 6 button combination) or your friend saw you use it.
  4. ClausSølvsten Win User

Password setting smells like dark pattern?

I do not have that option .. I have 3 options.

- No barriers.. all unlocked

- Ask for my passkey... for sign in, settings and purchase.

- Lock it down.. all locked.

I use “ask for passkey” but it still wants password for sign in and simple things as change wallpaper and so on.

How did you get the password for purchase only?
  5. ApicalDiamond9 Win User

Inappropriate Store access for children

So I went to Settings > Account

> Sign-in, security & passkey (This was set to Lock it down)

> Change my sign=in & security preferences > Customise

Save your password was set to Password not saved

Ask for my passkey to change settings was set to Passkey required

Ask for my passkey to make purchases was set to Passkey required.

So I signed out and I could still go to the store and watch

age inappropriate movie trailers.
  6. Frathos Win User

Regarding privacy

Check Settings - Account - Sign in, security & passkey - Instant sign in (your GT should be displayed on this prompt) - Stop using Instant sign-in on your console OR try add a Passkey for sign-in first to see if that works for your needs.

You also have the option of linking a controller to your profile (This controller signs in) which you may want to ensure is set to using a Passkey that only you know.

I recommend that you review the Change my sign-in & security preferences section and ensure that the settings match how you want your console to be used. I recommend the Customize option which allows you to select each of the sub-categories individually.
    For example:

Save your Microsoft account credentials - Credentials saved

Delay automatic sign-in - Don't ask, just sign me in (good if you only use one console, best to use Ask option if you use your profile on more than one console)

Ask for my passkey at sign-in - Passkey required (recommended if you link to controller that others may also use)

Ask for my passkey to change settings - Passkey required (best if you don't want others making changes)

Ask for my passkey to make purchases - Passkey required (best if others also use your console to limit purchases)

Good luck!
Thema:

1. How to sign in offline with ask for passkey still on (banned user) - Similar Threads - sign offline ask

2. troubles signing in

in XBoX on Consoles
    troubles signing in: i have troubles signing in, it shows a white screen. i DO NOT want to remove all my accounts cause they are old and store lots of items. PLEASE help!! 83f0ba8b-7f90-4ee8-b247-cf6f80bae2e9
  3. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  4. How do i fix “You to sign in to play this game”

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i fix “You to sign in to play this game”: I had started a game on my pc and the microsoft sign up thing popped up so i clicked my account and it and it acted like the game started but there was an error saying you need to sign in to play...
  5. Microsoft signing me out of all devices for no reason

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft signing me out of all devices for no reason: When I login to my account on the free 14 day trial of xbox gamepass I get a message that says "Signing you out of all devices" after entering information correctly...
  6. Network error when signing into Xbox 360 network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network error when signing into Xbox 360 network.: I’ve been having countless issues trying to play old 360 games on my Xbox x the past week or so. It began with me being unable to even download my account to not being able to connect to Xbox...
  7. Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X: I’m on series X and since I got it in October, there were no issues playing backward compatibility games until yesterday. I was idle for maybe 5-10 minutes in the lobby of a game when it randomly...
  8. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  9. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  10. How do I set my profile to being able to sign in offline?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I set my profile to being able to sign in offline?: I’m wanting to use my Xbox in my truck as I am not always around internet sources I want to use my save data and continue campaigns on my games. I know you used to be able to do it but I was...