how to setup kinect as your microphone?

Discus and support how to setup kinect as your microphone? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We only have one headset between two users at the moment and would like to use the kinect for a microphone in party chat and game chat for the second... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ARPEGGl, Jan 4, 2014.

1. ARPEGGl
    ARPEGGl Guest

We only have one headset between two users at the moment and would like to use the kinect for a microphone in party chat and game chat for the second user. How can we set it up so I can hear the voice of those in a party or in game chat through the tv speakers
    and I can speak through the kinect.

Finding the dashboard system very unintuitive.

Thanks for any help.

:)

ARPEGGl, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Trying to Play on kinnect but get ands up no action

Hi there,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We recommend going through the setup process of the Kinect. Be sure to check out the

setup guide for Kinect
    and let us know how that goes. Thank you.

Mister Taurus, Jan 4, 2014
  3. ICEMAN 4986
    ICEMAN 4986 Guest
    "Xbox-On" Command

how do i go thru the kinect setup again

ICEMAN 4986, Jan 4, 2014
  4. nyteflier Win User

Commands Volume

5. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

kinest ports season 2 problem

Hello @Abovelyric1260!

For the Kinect sensor to work properly with your Xbox console, it’s important to make sure the Kinect sensor is properly connected and the Kinect camera and microphone can see and hear you clearly. Select Learn more for setup tips to get the best experience from your Kinect sensor.
  6. Bazajaytee Win User

needing Kinect to steam on twitch?

You definitely don't need to use it as in have it actively broadcasting you, during Broadcast setup you can disable Kinect and Microphone or a combination of the two.

However, I don't know if the Kinect needs to be at least plugged in to your console. Would seem odd if it does.
  7. XBF Crystal P Win User

¿Porque se me desconecta del xbox live cada vez que intento jugar Halo 4 online? [Translation-Why is I disconnected from the xbox live every time I try to play Halo 4 online?]

Hey there Santiago617KZ,

Thanks for the reply. I recommend trying the following article:
    Turn Xbox 360 Kinect features on or off

• Chat Microphone: Turn the chat microphone on if you want to talk to players while playing a game, or if you are using Video Kinect.

Learn about Video Kinect
      . If you turn off the chat microphone, speech recognition still works.

Try this and let us know the results.
  8. x24hrs2livex Win User

having problems with headset in xboxone chat ?

It does not force you to use the kinect for chat. You can turn your kinect off as a microphone by going to settings and selecting kinect and deselect the microphone option
Thema:

1. how to setup kinect as your microphone? - Similar Threads - setup kinect microphone

2. Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...: Operating System: Windows 11. I got the CD but I need someone to help me set up my network so I can play multiplayer on home network with an identical cpu and game. Someone knowledgeable in the...
  3. I have a network setup it pops in and out

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a network setup it pops in and out: What does it mean when it says a network is not setup but I have one setup? 317bffea-92f9-42bb-b48e-6a7f41161174
  4. Xbox 360 SLIM Kinect Setup

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 SLIM Kinect Setup: I just got a Kinect for the first time and i do not know how to set it up. I have looked up tutorials and sites on how to connect it but i am still confused. Do i keep my system on while plugging...
  5. Kinect setup with Dish Joey 2.0 (Hopper 3)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect setup with Dish Joey 2.0 (Hopper 3): I can not get the xbox one to recognize my joey 2.0 with dish network... please help me 573f2080-8ee7-41a1-8d30-80c01e135ff7
  6. New xbox360 and refurb. Kinect setup locked on background noise test

in XBoX on Consoles
    New xbox360 and refurb. Kinect setup locked on background noise test: Bought new xbox 360 and refurb Kinect from amazon.. Setup yesterday. got as far as entering setup dvd and doing a little test dance and game play. Fine. It is now on a screen "Speech Recognition &...
  7. What happened to full kinect calibration/setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happened to full kinect calibration/setup: Does anyone know why the full kinect setup doesn't work any longer. The only thing that you can calibrate is the microphone and then it takes you back to the kinect settings screen. Before the...
  8. Pattern of black squares on my kinect setup screen and games are pixelated

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pattern of black squares on my kinect setup screen and games are pixelated: I just purchased my Xbox one w/kinect and right out of the box I've had problems. When setting up the kinect there are repeating patterns of black squares on the WHAT KINECT SEES screen and after...
  9. No audio in Kinect Setup and Xbox Video Trailers -- Live TV works fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio in Kinect Setup and Xbox Video Trailers -- Live TV works fine: The setup is fairly basic: HDMI from DirecTV receiver to Sony Home Theatre unit, HDMI from Sony Home Theater unit to Xbox One, and HDMI from XBox One to TV. TV Passthru, One Guide, etc all work...
  10. My xbox360 with kinect My xbox360 with kinect is fully setup, but once u power it up it starts ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox360 with kinect My xbox360 with kinect is fully setup, but once u power it up it starts ...: My xbox360 with kinect is fully setup, but once u power it up it starts but with the xbox logo it stops on screen nothing happens its a new xbox 360 71663c31-d900-4440-b714-3d750df0f63d