How to set up headset audio?

Discus and support How to set up headset audio? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Please someone actually tell me what to do. Because all the other answers is from like 2 years ago. How do i set up my audio to be in my headset when i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Levi ., Nov 28, 2022.

1. Levi .
    Levi . Guest

Please someone actually tell me what to do. Because all the other answers is from like 2 years ago. How do i set up my audio to be in my headset when i play a game, i have tried literally everything people can tell you. And no my headset isn't broken. I just need help please. I have an Xbox one S.

:)

Levi ., Nov 28, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Levi
    Sorry to hear that, I can suggest you two more things:

1. Do a factory reset for your console but keeping games and apps (or if you don’t mind select remove everything)
    Go to Settings > System > Console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps
    **Make sure to know the email and password for all your accounts

2. Perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with detailed steps and requirements ):

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

**If you’re using an insider build you need to leave the program and go back to an stable version
    If not the offline update is not going to work
  3. Levi . Win User

Hello!

I did try out a new headset, and still no game audio in the headset, i don't know what to do, because they both should be able to have game audio and i still haven't a clue how to fix this problem.

Hopefully you can think of something to help me out :(

Thank you again.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Levi

I found this odd, you should be able to pass the audio on the console to your headset as soon as you connect the headset to the controller connector or wirelessly to the console

As that’s not your case please tell me briefly what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  5. Levi . Win User

Alright i will try with a new headset or controller and see what happens.

Thank you again! :)
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the extra information.

I know that your headset is not broken, but if you can please try using a different headset when possible

Or if this is a wired headset and if you have more than one controller, try connecting the headset to a different controller to see if maybe that helps
Thema:

1. How to set up headset audio? - Similar Threads - set headset audio

2. My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...: My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with his friends, if i factory reset it can i download games i have already purchased again?? aa06192c-8517-4ebb-9060-4741170d0830
  3. My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've...: My Xbox headset isn't working. No it's not muted, nor is the Xbox setting on mute. I've tried all the settings that I can think of. afd660d5-1449-4ca1-b47e-109edb9562cc
  4. So if you are not sure about audio from both headset and TV here is the fix in settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    So if you are not sure about audio from both headset and TV here is the fix in settings: You go to settings the follow this GENERAL>VOLUME & AUDIO OUTPUT> ADDITIONAL OPTIONS> MUTE SPEAKER AUDIO WHEN HEADSET ATTACHED I am posting this because I have seen a few people posting about...
  5. Headset and different set of ear buds won’t work with Xbox controller but work with my ps4.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset and different set of ear buds won’t work with Xbox controller but work with my ps4.: 2 headsets that work fine with my ps4 don’t have any audio when I plug them into my Xbox controller. I tried resetting all my setting and have looked to see if anything is muted on my xbox but I...
  6. Weird issue. When "HDMI Audio" is set to "Headset Format", FIFA 22 commentaries are muted...

in XboX Insiders
    Weird issue. When "HDMI Audio" is set to "Headset Format", FIFA 22 commentaries are muted...: Never experienced this issue and I play FIFA every year. When HDMI Audio is set to stereo, there's no problem at all. Only when headset is chosen. Maybe a Dolby Atmos issue when recording saving...
  7. unable to set up Recon 50x headset to Xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    unable to set up Recon 50x headset to Xbox one: Please please can someone help. We are unable to set up our new headset, the Recon 50x. The menu on our screen is not as in instructions. Under settings should be option for Audio but ours does...
  8. Headset set up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset set up: Please help, i have purchased some supsoo G813 headphones for my son and i cant get them to work!!! it probably a simple click but i have no idea. 1bc82ee2-74b5-418c-a8fd-1814d2e857b8
  9. Headset Gameplay Set up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Gameplay Set up: I cant seem to get the gameplay sound into my headset, Please help nothing on the website is making sense to me, i have the newest update on the xbox one , and my headset has the mute button and...
  10. Neither Hyper X headset nor original in box head set working with Destiny

in XBoX on Consoles
    Neither Hyper X headset nor original in box head set working with Destiny: Hello, So i have a problem. So I recently bought a Hyper X Cloud gaming headset (and everyone has said its compatible) as well as a xbox one official stereo adapter. My problem is this. When I am...