How to set up an external hard drive to store games!

Discus and support How to set up an external hard drive to store games! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I got a 8T hard drive with a USB 3.0 cord and i hooked it up to my xbox one and it notices it but when i go to storage management it states that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GuyverGT, Dec 4, 2022.

1. GuyverGT
    GuyverGT Guest

Hello! I got a 8T hard drive with a USB 3.0 cord and i hooked it up to my xbox one and it notices it but when i go to storage management it states that the external hard drive only stores screenshots, videos, etc but not games! I formatted it and no hidden partisans and still cant set it for my games so anyone have any ideas on how to set the hard drive that i am missing? Thank you for your time.

:)

GuyverGT, Dec 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this Guyvergt

I found a thread that maybe can help you (exist the possibility that you have a hidden EFI partition created for your drive)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Let me know how it goes
  3. DCFC734 Win User

Need help and advise

Get yourself an external hard drive and either move your games to that or set it up so any future game installs is stored on the drive.
  4. aMexicanErb Win User

Xbox game Pass app

So I just logged into my app to see if mine was pulling the 1 TB that comes standard on my Console. When I set up my external hard drive, I set it to be the main source for all my games to save. looking at the app under console settings it is saying 820GB
    of 2TB. So it is pulling my external hard drive. I am assuming it is how you have your external hard drive set up to save.
  5. SPS-40B1869D-52C4-42 Win User

Xbox installing games to both internal and external drives

Hiya bb buster,

When you originally set up your external hard drive and elected to use it to store games, did you by chance select Copy instead of Move? If so, that is why you have a game file on the internal and external drives.

~Blitz
  6. Francia J. Win User

GTA 5 Kicking Me Out

Is this game stored on your Internal Storage or External hard drive? If it's on your External Hard drive kindly move it to your Internal Storage then remove the hard drive. This is to check if it's due to the external hard drive.
Thema:

1. How to set up an external hard drive to store games! - Similar Threads - set external hard

2. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  3. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  4. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  5. Want to fix my head set

in XBoX on Consoles
    Want to fix my head set: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  6. Is it possible to turn on variable refresh rate with the HDMI override setting on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to turn on variable refresh rate with the HDMI override setting on?: Whenever I turn my Xbox’s HDMI override setting on, the option to turn on variable refresh rate is greyed out. Is there anyway to turn on variable refresh rate, with the HDMI override setting on?...
  7. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  8. How do I turn on IPv6 setting for Xbox One s

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn on IPv6 setting for Xbox One s: how do I turn on the ipv6 setting? e24dacce-ba2c-44e7-a9b5-e929369014d4
  9. Xbox Tv detail settings triggers false features ?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Tv detail settings triggers false features ?: Hi everyone i want to know why xbox sometimes trigger false Hz or resolution in TV detail settings like im having lg tv 4k60hz but when i entre tv detail it says my tv support 120hz even that im...
  10. I'm trying to set up a new external SSD for my xbox series S, but when I plug it in it only...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to set up a new external SSD for my xbox series S, but when I plug it in it only...: It is a Crucial X8 1tb SSD. It is attached with a USB 3.2 cable. b9acacb0-b94d-4818-88c4-8a22d3323422