how to set preferred GPU settings for Xbox PC games

Discus and support how to set preferred GPU settings for Xbox PC games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i cannot play Halo Infinite on PC, i bought the Campaign on the Xbox store, and it lags so bad it is actually unplayable. i heard if you put it through... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Zaydo Cado, Dec 18, 2021.

  1. Zaydo Cado
    Zaydo Cado Guest

    how to set preferred GPU settings for Xbox PC games


    i cannot play Halo Infinite on PC, i bought the Campaign on the Xbox store, and it lags so bad it is actually unplayable. i heard if you put it through the GPU Preferred Settings, it fixes the issue. it does, as i tested it with Steam.

    but when i try it with the Xbox App version, it tells me:

    "You don't have permission to open this file.

    Contact the File owner or an Administrator to obtain permission"

    i am the Admin, i literally own the pc. no one has this problem apparently, maybe i'm stupid? please help.

    :)
     
    Zaydo Cado, Dec 18, 2021
    #1
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

    how to set preferred GPU settings for Xbox PC games

    Hi,

    In addition to what has already been mentioned there will be more advanced settings which you can access directly from your graphics driver software. (I'm going to assume you already know this, but I've put it here anyway in case someone else needs help). This varies depending on whether your dedicated graphics card is NVIDIA or AMD.

    Unlike other services such as Steam, EA etc, it's not yet possible to add the Game Pass games .exe file to your graphics software to ensure the dedicated GPU is used. However, both NVIDIA and AMD allow you to view a list of recently accessed games and add an override this way without adding the game's exe file.

    The reason why you don't have permission is because the games are located in the WindowsApps folder which is both encrypted and protected. Even the Admin account can't access it, and you will still receive the same error even if you take control of the folder permissions.

    I understand this is frustrating as literally no one else distributes games this way. But changes are going on that will see future games released that won't be forced to install in these locked out folders.
  3. Zaydo Cado Win User

    how to set preferred GPU settings for Xbox PC games

    thank you dude, i feel kinda dumb for not knowing that.
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

    how to set preferred GPU settings for Xbox PC games

    Hi there Zaydo welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I had a similar experience a few months ago with Forza 5, I suggest trying this! https://pureinfotech.com/set-gpu-app-windows-10/

    NOTE: This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

    Still running at 30 FPS?

    [quote user="Griffey"]Thus many games are dumbed down for console in graphics and Framerates Per Second,[/quote]This is how they're going to adjust for the Xbox One:



    They're going to go into the video settings sliders you can't access on the game and set the resolution from 1920x1080 to 1600x900.



    The GPU can already do on-GPU scaling. It's been a feature of PC GPU hardware for years now.
  6. 61590633-b111-4c2a-b Win User

    Forza Horizon 4 PC - GPU not being used

    It may be that an integrated GPU is being selected instead, and you'll have to manually select the discrete GPU to run the game. But to force the use of GPU you can, Right-click anywhere on the desktop, and then select Display Settings. In the right panel, scroll down to look for and click on Graphics settings. Under Choose an app to set preference, select Classic app, and click on Browse. Then, browse to the app or game exe file that you want to force to use a GPU.
Thema:

how to set preferred GPU settings for Xbox PC games

Loading...
  1. how to set preferred GPU settings for Xbox PC games - Similar Threads - set preferred GPU

  2. Xbox audio party clarity setting

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox audio party clarity setting: Not sure if this is a bug but on the current beta ring build, or as a bug alone but I don’t have an option for clarity mode via audio or headset settings submitted by /u/FusionMythic [link]...
  3. Xbox serie a X, Power save setting not working

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox serie a X, Power save setting not working: My Xbox is enrolled in the Insider Beta channel. I’ve noticed that when I turn it off using the power button or by the shortcut from holding the button on the controller, the console no longer...
  4. Problem about privacy settings pls help

    in XboX Insiders
    Problem about privacy settings pls help: Is anyone else having this issue? My Xbox privacy settings won’t save. Every time I click Submit, it says they’re saved, but after refreshing the page, everything resets to the previous settings....
  5. Xbox Privacy Settings Stuck On Customised

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Privacy Settings Stuck On Customised: Hi Everyone, My Xbox account has decided to lock my privacy settings into customised (with all communication turned off) so I cannot hear, access chat, type or add new friends. Every multiplayer...
  6. Xbox mode not appearing in settings.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mode not appearing in settings.: I am a an xbox and microsoft insider, however xbox mode doesn't seem to appear in the settings. submitted by /u/Suitable_Middle_5777 [link] [comments]
  7. My settings are being charged and I didn't approve this

    in XboX Insiders
    My settings are being charged and I didn't approve this: So twice now in the last couple of weeks I have turned on my console and been greeted by the message that my console has been switched to shutdown mode instead of standby. I believe this is a...
  8. Introduction of Quick Settings Customization

    in XboX Insiders
    Introduction of Quick Settings Customization: We would like you to add an update to add the feature of customizing quick settings instead of going to the general settings, the quick settings are the ones that we can customize and meet the...
  9. How is “Sharing Permissions” setting enabled?

    in XboX Insiders
    How is “Sharing Permissions” setting enabled?: I stumbled upon this setting on ROG Xbox Ally X. Its’s on the Xbox app. I don’t see it on other PCs. Updated Windows 11 and the Xbox app to latest, but still no luck. What makes this availble?...
  10. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...