How to set main/primary account on xbox console?

Discus and support How to set main/primary account on xbox console? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, folks! Ive recently bought xbox series S from my friend. Since this is my first console I have no games/knowledge/experience whatsoever. That... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Timy Slokar, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Timy Slokar
    Timy Slokar Guest

Hello, folks!

Ive recently bought xbox series S from my friend. Since this is my first console I have no games/knowledge/experience whatsoever. That why he was sharing me all his games and also told me a few tricks....

At first I didnt care nor paid attention to what I have to do before I start playing. Now that Ive had the console for about a month I am starting to explore the options and stuff through the xbox. One small thing has been bothering me for a while and I cant seem to figure it out.

I want to make my account (not my friend's) the primary one when I turn the console on. Because now everytime I turn it on it automatically wants to sign in to my friend's account since it was him that signed up when first setting up the console --> thats what I read online, supposedly the primary account is the one that is signed in when setting up new/reseted console.

Any ideas on how to fix this greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

Timy Slokar, Dec 22, 2022
  2. John P_14 Win User

I'm sorry to hear that. Please try to refresh your operating system without deleting your games or apps.​​​​​​​

Note: Make sure that you know your account logins before doing this step. Also, this will remove all your Home Xbox associations.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info > Reset console.

3. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll select Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I understand you wanted to set your account as the main/primary account on your console, kindly follow the steps below;

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.

3. Select Make this my home Xbox.
  4. Timy Slokar Win User

Hi, this doesnt help. Ive already tried this... I know what this setting does, but it doesnt help with making my account primary when singing in. Sadly :(
  5. Timy Slokar Win User

Friend signed in to his account (on my xbox) and checked off "make this my home xbox" so its not his home xbox anymore. I did the same on my account so IT IS my home xbox. But this doesnt change the fact that his account is what I get offered to sign in as firstly when I turn on the console.

I will try removing him from my console and re-adding him though. This might help.

Dont get me wrong though... I want to have him as a friend /sharing account so I can play his games, I just dont want HIS profile to be primary when singing in.

Thanks!
  6. Timy Slokar Win User

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I actually had to go to controller setting and change “this controller sings in this person”. I changed it to myself and problem solved.

Thanks for all your help and ideas! Cheers!
Thema:

1. How to set main/primary account on xbox console? - Similar Threads - set main primary

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. My head set is bricked

in XBoX on Consoles
    My head set is bricked: My headset is bricked. It wont turn on or off. The mic dial shows light even tho the headset is turned off. It is a Xbox wireless headset 0efef118-3a0d-4df6-b61f-e26f533b7214
  4. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  5. I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.: I’m on Xbox, have turned it off and on, un installed and re installed and neither have worked. ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One***...
  6. I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a glitch where I can’t update controller settings, it just goes back to the main screen.: I’m on Xbox, have turned it off and on, un installed and re installed and neither have worked. 55aff269-2c41-4950-9b0f-701cb9dc1621
  7. Can I move an Xbox account (set up for my kids years ago) off of my main Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I move an Xbox account (set up for my kids years ago) off of my main Microsoft account?: The xbox account / profile was set up attached to my email. Can I change the email on the xbox profile? Fast forward 10 years later and I would like my child to have their own Microsoft / xbox...
  8. Can't set my account as main xbox on my own and only xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't set my account as main xbox on my own and only xbox.: Hi, I've been trying to gameshare with my cousin and my sister. I made my 5 switches. I went on youtube and found a home xbox reset. So I did it with hope to get one last for my friend. But then,...
  9. Can I set screen time limits on a parent or main account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I set screen time limits on a parent or main account?: Can I set screen time limits on a parent or main account? eae6d1aa-1e1e-4dde-ac63-6e37d6ec4eef
  10. How do I set English as my main language and Sweden as my country?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I set English as my main language and Sweden as my country?: Since it was not possible to set English as my language setting when choosing Sweden as a country I set the UK. This turned out to be troublesome when I wanted to set my credit card and my address...