How to restrict purchasing premium content

Discus and support How to restrict purchasing premium content in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. My son got an Xbox 360 for Christmas, and I have a question about the parental controls. I have set quite a few of the parental restrictions. If... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WeighedCrab885, Jan 6, 2014.

1. How to restrict purchasing premium content

Hi. My son got an Xbox 360 for Christmas, and I have a question about the parental controls.

I have set quite a few of the parental restrictions. If he tries to play a game which is above his allowed game rating, it is blocked. However, I - as his parent - can enter my password and allow the game to be played, even opting to always allow the game
    to be played in the future without a password. GREAT!

However, I also want to prevent him from downloading premium content. I can see where to do this in the parental controls, but unlike the rating limitation, this option does not allow me to enter my password each time and make purchases for him. I don't
    want him to be using my credit card willy-nilly, but occasionally i do want to be able to download a game for him. As far as I can see, if i want to do this, every time i must go into parental controls, disable the premium content restriction, download the
    game, go back into parental controls and re-enable the restriction. This can't be right can it?

Am i doing something wrong?

:)

WeighedCrab885, Jan 6, 2014
  2. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    How to check user birth date?

Sorry online passes apply to all profiles as Long as it is the purchasing console and ye purchasing gamertag is there

Goto ea.com and read their own FAQ

However bf3 premium is account specific and not multiplayer

It only let's you download premium content the premium would only apply to the purchasing account not any other

O Other profiles can use the content as long as it is your purchasing console

ngocphi, Jan 6, 2014
  3. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    EggsBoxJuan, Jan 6, 2014
  4. How to restrict purchasing premium content

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

As far as I know once you have disabled it, you will be prompted with a password when you try to download something onto the Xbox 360. However I could be wrong.This is why I have searched the Xbox Support articles for a family settings overview and help
    article. Please follow the link bellow to view it

support.xbox.com/.../parental-control-info_non-us

I hope all of this information above works, and helps you with your issue. If you have any further issues, please be sure to post back here within the forums

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 6, 2014
  5. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

As far as I know once you have disabled it, you will be prompted with a password when you try to download something onto the Xbox 360. However I could be wrong.This is why I have searched the Xbox Support articles for a family settings overview and help
    article. Please follow the link bellow to view it

support.xbox.com/.../parental-control-info_non-us

I hope all of this information above works, and helps you with your issue. If you have any further issues, please be sure to post back here within the forums

Regards,
  6. Smwutches Win User

Backing up the licenses for purchased Xbox movie and T.V. shows

Yes, it's the same with anything you purchase digitally. You're only purchasing a license to use the content, but the usage is restricted by how the service you purchase it from allows you to use it. So if the content is pulled from the servers, you no longer
    have access.
  7. Elohmn Win User

BF3 Armored Kill Download Issue

DeathBRINGER511, it appears you are Purchasing each Content separately and not from Premium? If this is the case, AK will not be on your Server List. The Download is required (free) as it also contains an Update for other In-Game
    Items (Weapons and such) that still allow you to play with other Players who have this Content. Actually playing the Content is not simply from the DL. It needs to have been Purchased (either Premium or separately) and then one would have Access to that Content.

The whole Dice/ EA thing is a little screwy but if you intended on purchasing all of the DLC Content for BF3 (imo) you should have just either purchased Premium or a BF3 Copy that had Premium already in it.
  8. ngocphi Win User

How to check user birth date?

Sorry online passes apply to all profiles as Long as it is the purchasing console and ye purchasing gamertag is there

Goto ea.com and read their own FAQ

However bf3 premium is account specific and not multiplayer

It only let's you download premium content the premium would only apply to the purchasing account not any other

O Other profiles can use the content as long as it is your purchasing console
  9. ngocphi Win User

Trouble downloading from Market/Changing Gamertag

purchases can be found under premium content settings
Thema:

1. How to restrict purchasing premium content - Similar Threads - restrict purchasing premium

2. Teredo is stuck on "Restricted (port)"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Teredo is stuck on "Restricted (port)": I've tried absolutely everything possible. I can not find a single fix. There is no xbox networking tab either so please don't ask to check that. c1ee0fb9-6b5e-4d8f-8ed9-9d2ae2e11583
  3. Microsoft family age restrictions?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft family age restrictions?: I have age restrictions on all video games only because it says I’m under a family microsoft account, but I don't know whose account I’m under Thanks and please help!...
  4. Microsoft age restrictions Family Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft age restrictions Family Account: I have age restrictions on all video games only because it says I’m under a family microsoft account, but I don't know whose account I’m under. Please Help Thanks!...
  5. Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?: So I have just tried going on to my Rewards app and a notification came up stating: 'Your Microsoft Rewards account isn't following the rules you agreed to when you joined the programme. Review...
  6. I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't redeem gift codes from my friend due to geo restriction.: Hello I sent payment for Powerwash DLC to my friend so that he would send dlc as gift codes to me. But, they don't work due to geo restriction. Can you help me redeem this codes for my account:...
  7. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  8. How can I factory reset my Xbox even with the restrictions in the way?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I factory reset my Xbox even with the restrictions in the way?: Hi, I just received a Second-hand Xbox from my friend (Xbox one s) and they had removed the accounts for me but on the Xbox they left the access restrictions where they restricted the ability to...
  9. If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...: My son is in our family account but I want to remove him as he keeps getting messages that he needs to ask for my permission to use chrome ??? If I remove him can he still use our Xbox account...
  10. Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%: 1. Teredo adapter: Typ : enterpriseclient (Group Policy) Servername : win10.ipv6.microsoft.com Clientaktual.-intervall : 30 Sekunden Clientport : unspecified (Group Policy) Status : qualified...